BINGS97
littlest_bear

Euthanasia is Right!

BINGS97

Pro

I will state what euthanasia is for people that are unaware, it is intentionally ending someone's life in order to relieve pain or suffering.
I think that euthanasia is right for many different reasons. I know that religious believers will say it is wrong because of the fact that 'God created life therefore God should only be able to take it away' however I want someone who is very passionate to join this debate and I am able to have a debate with, not based on just religious factors. I am for Euthanasia because it is something which really gets to me when I see things like this on programmes and in the news.

First of all I will start by saying that, if someone wants there life to end and are unable to do it themselves, they should be able to have that choice whether they want to live or die. It is their own choice and people should respect that because until you are in their shoes, you do not know how much pain they are in and how much life is a struggle for them. Why make someone suffer for so long when they do not want to? Isn't it against peoples rights? They should have family and friends around them which respect this choice and people will say 'why make your family suffer by dying' however the family are suffering whether the person is dead or alive.

No-one should keep someone alive, care for them if they do not want it, it is totally against someone's wishes. If they are not able to do anything for themselves and would rather not be alive, people need to respect this decision and take it more seriously. Imagine being forced to be alive whilst every single breath is a struggle? It just doesn't make sense that people would want to see others deteriorate without relieving the pain in one way that's possible.

People will argue 'what if it hurts that person', if you inject a lethal injection, they will not feel anything at all and all the pain will be gone. Not for their family but at least the family will not have to see the person be in agony everyday, either way it will be heart-breaking for the family members but at least their minds can be at ease. The person will have left the world in a dignified way and if the person is ready to go and it's their time, let them go, at some point everyone will have to let go of someone they do not want to, no matter how hard it is.
littlest_bear

Con

I will start off by saying although I am pro euthanasia I only support it under certain curium stances. I am not a religious nut and I will not be viewed as one but if you were to take someones life unwillingly (murder) I feel you deserve the same fate, but if you have committed another unjustifiable crime or are sick and dying I do not think it is right to "kill" them.
BINGS97

Pro

What circumstances are that? It's if someone is suffering or in pain.. they are the circumstances so I don't understand the further circumstances you mean.
You wouldn't be killing that person you would be helping them if you think about it in the long term, they will no longer be in constant pain or agony and their family will be at ease. If it is someone's wishes to not want to be alive anymore, it can not be compared to murdering someone because it is completely different.
The definition of murder is- 'the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.'

Murder is not under someone's permission and it is not done to someone who is suffering. Murder is not done safely under medical conditions therefore can not be compared to euthanasia.

I do not know that else to say to Cons argument as there is nothing else to mention as it was a pretty weak argument and weak points that was made.
littlest_bear

Con

littlest_bear forfeited this round.
BINGS97

Pro

BINGS97 forfeited this round.
littlest_bear

Con

littlest_bear forfeited this round.