Josephine98
Debate_King1475

Euthanasia should be legal

Josephine98

Josephine98

Pro

I"m pro euthanasia because I think everyone deserves to die happy and without a lot of pain. If a person for example is diagnosed with cancer and has pain, and the person won"t have even more pain, I find it totally acceptable if they want euthanasia. Furthermore why should a human not be able to choose whether he or she have to die if an incurable disease already is contracted? It should be every human"s right.
Debate_King1475

Con

Attempting suicide is against the law. Since euthanasia is painless suicide, then it is illegal. There should be no reason why we legalize painless suicide but not painful, convenient, or other methods of suicide.
Josephine98

Pro

If a person really wants to leave this earth, no matter why, he or she will always find a way. Some attempt suicide and others travel to another country for receiving euthanasia. If the person attempts suicide it could happen in a forest or in the person"s apartment, and at one time someone finds the person. This person who finds the maybe now dead person gets a terrible memory for life. No one wants to find a dead or unconscious person.
In fact lesser people attempt suicide when euthanasia is legalized. Isn"t this a good thing?
When fewer attempt suicide, fewer find dead persons who had committed suicide and fewer get a painful death.

So if you only have the choice between letting a person attempt suicide or receive euthanasia what would you choose?
Debate_King1475

Con

Debate_King1475 forfeited this round.
Josephine98

Pro

My opponent didn"t post an argument for round 2, so I want to add a statistic for my last round and then I"ll summarize all my arguments and elaborate them.

My opponent said there should be no reason why we should legalize any kind of suicide, and I said if a person wants to leave this earth he or she will always find a way, so why not legalize euthanasia which is painless.

I want to add that in the Netherlands euthanasia is legal. In 1991 they made an examination, and in 86 percent of those who received euthanasia, their life only shortened by a maximum of a week. Those 86 percent had an unbearable agony and just wanted to end their pain immediately. No matter what those persons would die within a week, so why not end their pain immediately if you could?

Now I"ll summarize all my arguments and I classify the benefits in two classes for why we should legalize euthanasia. In the one class I"ve the benefits for the one who wants to leave this world and in the other class I"ve the benefits for the dependents and the society.

The benefits for those who want to leave this world are that they get a more painless death than otherwise. No one wants to go through a painful death, so why do we let a lot of people go through an unbearable death? Furthermore I think it"s every person"s right to make their own choices, so why do we not let them choose themselves?
-Don"t get me wrong, I"m not saying everyone should be able to receive euthanasia! In my opinion a person who already has contracted an incurable disease should for sure be able to receive euthanasia so he or she doesn"t have to go through a painful death.

The benefits for the dependents and the society are when euthanasia is legalized fewer commits suicide. No dependents wants to find there husband or a good friend dead in their house, so if euthanasia gets legalized we spare them from this. Furthermore some people who want to commit suicide sometimes crash in a car on purpose and in those cases it can affect other drivers. Maybe a collision happens and maybe innocent people die. This is terrible and no one should die at the expense of others. Furthermore you can see it from an economic point of view. The society will save money if euthanasia is legalized because they don"t have to drive to car accidents and afterwards clean it up. The crashes will also make tailbacks.

I wish euthanasia gets legalized so fewer commit suicide and more can leave this world in peace and without pain.
Debate_King1475

Con

Debate_King1475 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
Josephine98Debate_King1475Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Josephine98Debate_King1475Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture