yejuneyoon
raffi147

Euthanasia should be legalized.

yejuneyoon

Pro

First round is for acceptance.
Rules:
1. No swear words.
2. Nothing that might contain racism or other.
3. Other websites cannot be used as a source.

Good luck to whoever Con will be!!
raffi147

Con

I accept this debate on the grounds of the many reasons that show that euthanasia passive and active should be illegal .
yejuneyoon

Pro

yejuneyoon forfeited this round.
raffi147

Con

Firstly the main reason that it should be illegal is that it can be easily abused compared to physician assisted suicide . For one the act of taking someone off life support prematurely when the odds of survival are very high can happen with euthanasia. The main reason this would happen is if the relationship with the person who is in the coma and the person making the decision is bad they can revive a lot of money from a will. This problem can be avoided with physician assisted suicide and give all the same benefits.
yejuneyoon

Pro

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have misunderstood something here. Euthanasia is peaceful death with the help of a doctor when a patient is most unlikely to survive, which is basically the same as physician assisted suicide. Euthanasia occurs when a patient cannot revive, and is most likely to die after a period of time in which the patient experiences great pain. This is precisely my reason for supporting euthanasia. Do you think it is moral when you leave someone to die in great pain? I think it would be better to let him die peacefully without pain. Also, you said there was a problem in which a person deliberately makes the death happen because they can get a lot of money after the patient has died. Well, I think that can be solved by a vote by all the family members. Even though someone would vote for the death for the money, there is a chance that the person could be stopped by others who do not want the death.
raffi147

Con

raffi147 forfeited this round.
yejuneyoon

Pro

yejuneyoon forfeited this round.
raffi147

Con

raffi147 forfeited this round.
Posted by maliajones18 2 years ago
maliajones18
I disagree.. Life is a gift which must be treated as such. We did not choose when to be born so we should also not choose when we should die. Euthanasia causes more suffering for the friends and family close to the person who wants to be euthanized. I understand people have terminal illnesses and could be in pain but they should find meaning in suffering. Euthanasia cheapens love and makes it conditional, when we should all love unconditionally.
Posted by FreedomBeforeEquality 2 years ago
FreedomBeforeEquality
Its detrimental to society to be exposed to suicide. It creates despair amongst everyone around or involved.
Posted by Hawkeye117 2 years ago
Hawkeye117
I say its your life if just like if you want to be an alcoholic you get that choice it distroyes hour body but its not illigal if you have a terminal illness and can't live a normal life (by normal I mean have full independence not in constant pain and not having your health degenerate past the point of being healthy and there is no chance of normality ) its your life yes your death would sadden them but really I say screw that and other peoples feelings if you are in pain and not living like a normal human should and can never recover from a terminal illness then you have the right to end your life I don't see why people like con are out there saying what people should and should not do with there bodies in this fashion worry about your one life and stop trying to butt into others life.