Live-for-the-future
saggers

Euthanasia

Live-for-the-future

Pro

I believe that euthanasia should be made legal. And although there may be flaws if we are to legalise it, I believe that a lot of good will come from it.
Take my grandma for instance: she lived a long thirty years Before she became ill, after this the illnesses kept pilling on and on till the point that she spent twenty years unable to move, in the same house and in constant agonising pain. Twenty years of torture, sure she may spend a brief amount of time with her love. But still she begged and the doctors could not supply.
Many other people experience this and euthanasia will allow them, at their own will to decide whether they die and release themselves from their undying pain!
saggers

Con

Euthanasia should not be made legal. Without pain, without tragedy, without loss, without a yearning for something better, we lose what we are.
The main reason as to why we can't though goes further than this. When we see people overcoming hideous amounts of hardships to do something amazing, we celebrate them. By allowing euthanasia we are saying as a world-give up if you like. We should never allow people to give up-it's what keeps us together as people always striving for better.
Live-for-the-future

Pro

Assisting death in no way precludes giving the best care possible but instead integrates compassionate care and respect for the patients' autonomy and ultimately makes dignified death an option.

Although you make a valid point which I respect, we have to face the facts a quote I always remember (really as it is the only phrase in Latin I know) is momento mori - remember you will die and in truth it is true and we have to learn to accept that. However in our age of advanced medical supplies and knowledge we can prolong the inevitable, even for a short amount of time. And the question becomes rather are they living or are they not- dying?
And I believe this question should be left to the victim and not to our governments, judges and legislaters more interested in highway funding.
saggers

Con

I too respect your points which are well made. However, are they living or just not dying is exactly the crux of the argument. This is exactly why death should never be allowed as an option and all should be done to keep the person alive: WHEN PEOPLE ARE FACED WITH PHYSICAL OR MENTAL HARDSHIP DUE TO HEALTH PROBLEMS ALL SHOULD BE DONE TO ENSURE THEIR LIFE IS FANTASTIC.

We are allowing money to be the root of all evil by thinking lets just allow them out of their misery-its our government responsibility to ensure that the end of life is the best of life. Terminal illnesses should mean free holidays abroad paid by the state, those unable to speak should have everything available to them to help them communicate. Yes this won't work with all cases but it sure as heck would stop most people in such predicaments to want to end their lives earlier than their body wants.
Give such people the best not the worst which is what they get currently.
Live-for-the-future

Pro

The prospect of euthanasia is not that when a patient is confirmed to be terminally ill the government automatically stops of the machine, but the patient can decide their future whether it be to live or to end their constant suffering. If the government were to fund trips around the world for all those in this condition a different case would be on our hands and people as I am would not be fighting for euthanasia to be legalised. However in the currant predicament where the government refuses to do so or to create a specialised clinic for the patient we are here to see that when the patient feels their life is complete they can say their good byes, make surer all messages are made and go from the world at an expected time, in peace and letting their families or friends down easily.

Of course it still stands that they may fight the illness and many will - say a young mother was ill she would fight till her last breath and legalising euthanasia does not stop her from fighting it just lets those who have lost their families and friends and feel every atom weighing down on them pushing them down even though the feelings of their whole body have gone, those who cannot move because of both their illness and heartbreak and those who wish with all their might, not to go to places, not to stay alive another restless day but for the suffering to finally come to an end.

Euthanasia is only there for people who want it and if someone who has the will to fight and support behind them chooses to ignore it, it does not affect any other aspect of the world.
Furthermore why waste energy, a bed, the doctors and staff on someone who wishes themselves dead, rather a person who wants so much another chance at life.
saggers

Con

saggers forfeited this round.
Live-for-the-future

Pro

Live-for-the-future forfeited this round.
saggers

Con

saggers forfeited this round.
Posted by Live-for-the-future 3 years ago
Live-for-the-future
I believe your point is very valid though, what's an argument without knowing yourself and what you're going to say?
Thank you for your trouble though I have no doubt I will settle in graciously with those who do not judge by youth. Good Night or Good day to wherever you are.
Posted by Emmo 3 years ago
Emmo
arguments with newbies normally result in endless forfeits and noone votes..ending in a tie...its like arguing with myself..so i'm skeptic