hoosty69
1970vu

Euthanasia

1970vu

hoosty69

Pro

I live in Canada where it is illegal to participate in assisted suicide. My story in a nut shell... My sister whom had duel citizenship being Canadian and Dutch was living with our parents at the time outside Vancouver, Canada. She had developed a severe sickness in a very short period of time. After being tested in Vancouver it was revealed that she had developed cancer of large proportions. It was advised by family to get her to the Netherlands where the Medicare is (in my opinion) far superior from Canada's. I t was confirmed it was an aggressive cancer and that there was only a couple of months to live. In the Netherlands it was explained that Euthanasia was an option. After evaluating all the options it was decided by my sister to choose Euthanasia and there was nothing but support by all family members. When she passed she was 43 years old, looked 80, weighed nothing (she used to be heavy set), and was tortured by the cancer to the point of black outs due to pain.
I could never imagine anyone being forced to live that kind of ending without the ability to choose euthanasia because of a law put together by religious people who share a belief different than ours. It should be a choice!!!!!!!!!! I've raised this debate once before and it became nothing but pro-religious attracts about going to hell because its suicide, the doctor who administrated the drug is a murderer and he is going to hell. Then I was verbally threatened because I asked the following questions, do all the children that accidentally killed their brother or sister with a gun that a parent had left out go to hell? Do the children go to hell because they were bullied to the point of suicide? Do all the soldiers who have jumped in the line of fire (so to speak) to save fellow soldiers go to hell because it is suicide? Wars that have been in the name of god must have been all for not don't you think? Anyway I could go on and on but I think you get my point.
I am for it, hell we would take care of a suffering pet put not a fellow human.
What do you think?
1970vu

Con

I accept this debate. Do I post my first argument?
hoosty69

Pro

hoosty69 forfeited this round.
1970vu

Con

Well that's great. He forefeited.
hoosty69

Pro

hoosty69 forfeited this round.
1970vu

Con

I accepted this debate. I would prefer if he just explained why he forfeited.
hoosty69

Pro

hoosty69 forfeited this round.
hoosty69

Pro

hoosty69 forfeited this round.
1970vu

Con

Please vote.
Posted by QandA 2 years ago
QandA
Very sorry for your loss, respect brother.
Posted by Romanii 2 years ago
Romanii
I totally agree with you, hoosty69.
I recently did a debate on this, actually.
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by chengste 2 years ago
chengste
I am not sure I could do you justice, I would be intrested I am a Christian however I would not use that argument I cannot judge someones salvation that is only his 5 rounds seem a bit much and I am not a good debator up to you
Vote Placed by Anonymous 2 years ago
Anonymous
hoosty691970vuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Here we go again...