lightingbolt50
MacDaddy98

Euthanasia

lightingbolt50

Pro

I will be making the argument euthanasia should be legalized in the U.S.

Round 1: Acceptance.
Round 2-4 Arguments.
Round 5: Closing statements.
MacDaddy98

Con

I accept this debate with open arms and an open mind. I look forward to hearing my opponents arguments, and hopefully I will learn something from them. Good luck and have fun! Please no involvements of religion. I want this debate to be as if everyone were equal and on the same page. Thank you.
lightingbolt50

Pro

Definatly, in fact i wish i put that on my original post, but anyways: If the patient is in deep pain he should have the right to request euthanasia. The patient will have nothing to gain from being kept alive in agony. We should not deny him the right to escape his pain.
MacDaddy98

Con

While I agree they should have the option to opt out of their pain, being in pain isn't something to stop you. People have lead great and productive lives while in pain from various maladies. Steve Jobs, the co founder of Apple technologies, for several years suffered from cancer.

On a separate page entirely, some people may make rash decisions and decide to apply for euthanasia, before they really might need or want to. If they make the decision, they may regret it when it is too late.
lightingbolt50

Pro

While that may be true, people still need to have the right to escape that pain, especially if it's something incurable and doctors are just keeping him alive in his suffering.
MacDaddy98

Con

MacDaddy98 forfeited this round.
lightingbolt50

Pro

lightingbolt50 forfeited this round.
MacDaddy98

Con

MacDaddy98 forfeited this round.
lightingbolt50

Pro

lightingbolt50 forfeited this round.
MacDaddy98

Con

MacDaddy98 forfeited this round.