jonathandammi
roundabout1

Euthanasia

roundabout1

jonathandammi

Con

Euthanasia is everywhere. Slowly festering like a disease it spreads throughout the world becoming more and more prevalent in our modern world. We need to stop it before it spreads.
Why?
Well what do we use euthanasia for?
Euthanasia is used to off those in suffering who cannot bear to live any longer with the pain they are using. But how is this good?
We take away life given to us by a much higher power and in way we play god.
Even though euthanasia is primarily used for animals and elderly, why don't we use it on others?
A person theoretically could sentence anyone to death just by claiming the person is mentally incapable and that they are in to much pain to continue living. Euthanasia kills off the old, abortion kills off the young. What's next? How long is it gonna take till the middle aged people die?

We cannot play God. Whether or not they want it, we cant play Go.
roundabout1

Pro

Euthanasia helps people. Isn't helping people good? Isn't that what your god wants? People to not have to suffer? People helping others?
You claim euthanasia is such an issue, but why? Shouldn't it be someones choice to choose when they die?
For example, i get into a serious car accident, i am suffering greatly and the doctor tells me i have a week to live. Why should i have to live that one week in suffering? if i have the choice to die now and not suffer and just pass on, why can't i take it? it doesn't make sense that euthanasia is bad, when people suffering, and actively being hurt is good?
jonathandammi

Con

Suffering is never "good". However think about the opportunities that lie in suffering. You can offer it up. Whether or not you believe in God, you must have some sense of right and wrong and balance. So wouldn't it make sense as your suffering, to let that suffering pay your dues for any evil you may have done previously? That seems balanced to me. Instead of just opting out, go as long and as hard as you can without faltering. It seems almost cowardly to choose to be Euthanized when you can just make the best of suffering. You always have a choice. Sure you can vouch for someone and say they don't want to live and have them killed, or you can even choose your own Euthanasia. But would you really be willing to give up all your loved ones and all your memories just to escape suffering. Live life to the fullest, right?
roundabout1

Pro

Ok so maybe i offer it up. But what is the point? What do i achieve by doing that? Nothing. Is it cowardly to want to avoid pain? If my loved ones REALLY loved me they wouldn't want me to suffer they would want me to be happy and peaceful, and if they really loved me they would support my decision to be Euthanized.
jonathandammi

Con

Even though you may or may not believe in God, if you sit there and push through your suffering until the end, good or bad, think of the impact that will have on your friends and family. To sit there, not to watch you die, but to watch the incredible strength you have and to see what a great example of power, strength, and will. Not to choose Euthanasia. This can only be the right decision. You cant make your loved ones except a fate where you choose to leave them. Maybe it will end your suffering but for others it causes it and raises questions. All can be avoided however. If you make the right choice. to Live.
roundabout1

Pro

Euthanasia is really not a topic you can discuss. I think its just one of those things that is a personal preference. If i want to choose to die an my family supports me and my friends support me then i should be able to die, regardless of whether or not I'm suffering or whether or not i have 10 days, to 100 years to live. I really cannot see things any other way. Euthanasia is such a big part of the world and hopefully like abortion i will be able to choose it when i want it. A sort of on demand death. It sounds morbid but it really does help some people, regardless of their suffering.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
RFD part 2
con rambles on random junk about god, and pro concludes with people's choices.
Overall reality goodness over falsity over assumption of God. Countering the unwarranted conduct to con within moneystacker's vote.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
RFD1
It feels strange to see con using religious arguments in a "scientific" debate, so called. Notable spelling error in "God"--"play go".....-.-
It's also interesting how " why don't we use it on others?" is actually encouraging the spread of euthanasia...
Now pro makes an excellent philosophical argument that instant death is better than suffering (but fails to rebut the play God argument....maybe he'll do it later?)
Con's next argument makes no logical sense to me here....it is assuming you are evil and bad and you must pay using the worst way possible...(man this guy is a heavy believer!)
pro speaks from a loved one's point....
gtg guys. Rest of RFD to come later
Posted by moneystacker 2 years ago
moneystacker
We can't play god he is a supreme being. But god offers choices. God gave freedom of choice, he made the devil rule hell, and him heaven, but he stated he would allow man to do his will on earth. When he made Adam he didn't just put a good tree to ensure Adam was good he put a bad tree as well because god believes in choices. He lets man rule on earth for the same belief. What I am saying is if god himself the supreme being of the universe the god who healed my dad from cancer, if he all mighty doesn't control what people do then we cannot stop people from taking euthanasia.

We can't play god because we are not supreme beings also we are very limited in what we can do. But yeah the reason to agree with enthasia isn't to "play god" which isn't' possible but because god believes in choices and everyone should have a choice. Even if you don't believe in god you must believe everyone deserves choices.
Posted by lori17224 2 years ago
lori17224
Why can't we play god? I want to have full control over myself. But I dont want to feel pain nevertheless.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
jonathandammiroundabout1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: in comments.
Vote Placed by moneystacker 2 years ago
moneystacker
jonathandammiroundabout1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Jonathandammi I am a beliver in Christ like you but what you have to understand is your god argument on first point contradicts itself. God gave freedom of choice, he made the devil rule hell, and him heavon, but he stated he would allow man to do his will on earth. When he made Adam he didn't just put a good tree to ensure Adam was good he put a bad tree as well because god belives in choices. He lets man rule on earth for the same belief. What I am saying is if god himself the supreme being of the universe the god who healed my dad from cancer, if he all mighty doesn't control what people do then we cannot stop people from taking euthanasia. God sent us to try and persuade people to join him and follow his ways not force him. Also only doctors can say if the method should be used it can't be used randomly. Also your later argument about should use suffering to repent makes sense but again not all feel that way. Con won in conduct and spelling though.