BillyTheKids
Fanboy

Even of you are not religious, people still have the right to believe in their religion.

BillyTheKids

Pro

Though I am agnostic I do believe that people have the right to follow whichever path they choose. The first round is for ACCEPTANCE ONLY which means you do not argue. I have always found this topic interesting and I hope that you do to.

First Round:Acceptance

Second Round: Opening argument

Third Round: Rebuttal

Fourth Round: Rebuttal and any additional arguments

Fifth Round: Final rebuttal and closing statements
Fanboy

Con

I accept!
COME AT ME BRO!
BillyTheKids

Pro

Though I do not practice and or worship any "All knowing Being" I do believe that people have the right to practice/believe in their religion.

Who am I to tell one of my best friends that if he were to continue to go to church on a regular bases that I will not like him anymore, or tell him that he should not believe in the practice of Judaism. He has that human right and also a right to his beliefs that he should be able to practice religion.

Many people today do not practice religion. Reading a news paper on the NYT about how many people openly practice their religion, only 30% does (Survey taken around 2007). That does not mean that 70% percent is against religion, or does not believe in G-d (Out of respect I will not spell out the name). It is out of around 5% that is Atheist. Does a majority determine the rules completely, or does a group of people have the right to practice religion.

Not is it only a human right but a constitutional right in the US. The first amendment was put into place so that people have the right to practice their religion freely. This was because we came to the US for freedom of religion from Britain (Pilgrims). They were being prosecuted and tormented by the British.

Though this right is can support the placement of the Westboro Baptist Church, it is not meant to be seen this way. Even though they exist there is only a group of 40 people and the majority is from the main family of the creator Fred Phelps. Also, 40 people do not make it wrong to practice religion. Even though the Westboro Baptist Church is considered a "House of G-d" they are not accepted by any of the Baptist and Christian groups. Also, they now considered terrorists in the hearts of many people in the US.

Religion is fair to practice and everybody in the world has the right to believe in G-d.

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org...
Fanboy

Con

Fanboy forfeited this round.
BillyTheKids

Pro

BillyTheKids forfeited this round.
Fanboy

Con

Fanboy forfeited this round.
BillyTheKids

Pro

This is sad that my opponent does not debate me.

If anyone is reading this and would like to debate me, by all means, challenge me to a good topic.
Fanboy

Con

Fanboy forfeited this round.
BillyTheKids

Pro

He can't argue
Fanboy

Con

Fanboy forfeited this round.
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
Sorry I wwas on break and not paying attention to debate.org
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
zgb1997,

I got someone to accept this debate, so yeah.
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
If anyone wants to debate me on this as well just set it up and I will.
Posted by larztheloser 4 years ago
larztheloser
I'm so sick of people saying things cannot be debated. Message me if you'd like me to argue this.
Posted by daerice 4 years ago
daerice
Change "believe" to "practice" and I'll take you up on this. :)
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
I think it would be an interesting argument to be made in any case like this, even if you do not agree the more convincing argument would win not the morally correct one
Posted by zgb1997 4 years ago
zgb1997
Yea, well, I wish good luck to the fellow who accepts this.
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
I've seen it, believe me, I have seen it!
Posted by zgb1997 4 years ago
zgb1997
Do you honestly believe you'll get someone to debate con on this? One would have to claim that no one has a right to believe in a religion...