emsiblook
Emilrose

Everyone in priveleged countries should be vegetarian

Emilrose has forfeited round #1.

emsiblook

Pro

I believe that everyone in Western, or generally more priveleged countries should be vegetarian. There is no excuse to eating meat. Decades ago I would understand; we did not have access to food like we do now. Back then, we knew exactly where our meat came from, how it was produced.

But now, that's not something we think about. Companies pump out meat like it's nothing, aiming to get the most product for the lowest price, which has spawned factory farming. The reality is that animals have feelings that are not being considered; they are being fed antibiotics in great amounts, which is not only bad for them, but for us as well, as it causes supergerms that are resistant to antibiotics, which means antibiotics will not work on us if we get a real infection. Male chicks are being grinded to little chunks because they are not needed in the industry, so these little chunks are fed to the female chickens to save on grain costs. I could go on, but I have a habit of making my first round argument 10,000 words long, so I'll save you that (for now lol).

"Meat is yummy" is not a valid excuse anymore. With all the options we have now in terms of food, we have no reason to contribute to this horrible industry.