Hunter.a
Burch

Everyone in the nation should have a government issued pony

Hunter.a

Pro

Greetings and salutations. I will be arguing the pro side for this debate. It is a principle that presidential candidate Vermin Supreme stood on.
The first round is acceptance.
Burch

Con

Greetings. Challenge accepted. I disagree and think that citizens should be responsible to get their own pony if they want one.
Hunter.a

Pro

Well I think it should be like obamacare; people can buy their own pony but if they can't afford it then the government should step in and buy them one.
Burch

Con

I find a huge flaw with that. If the people can't afford the pony and the government provides them one, then most likely they cannot afford to feed and maintain the pony either. This will cause more people to go on pony welfare and ultimately bankrupt the government.
Hunter.a

Pro

That is a good point however even without the government issued ponies our government is going bankrupt, so we might as well have fun with it. Also, there is a presidential candidate, Vermin Supreme, who used this as one of his base platforms.
Burch

Con

While I admire Vermin Supreme to the utmost, he states "I have no intention of keeping any promise that I make" while he was participating in the New Hampshire Primary for President. Thus, Vermin Supreme is discredited along with the notion that free ponies for America is a good idea.

Here is the Vermin Supreme speech for your viewing pleasure:
Hunter.a

Pro

Thank you for showing me that it was very educational. The thing about him saying that he won't follow through with any promises is he might not follow through with the promise of not following through.
Burch

Con

By that logic, you agree that he was serious that he wouldn't follow through on any promises thus meaning he still would not follow through on the promise for free ponies for America. I thank you for participating in this debate with me. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Posted by Hunter.a 3 years ago
Hunter.a
I know right this is probably the funniest debate on the website and it has been viewed over 300 times.
Posted by Burch 3 years ago
Burch
I can't believe nobody is voting on this.
Posted by henrywu 3 years ago
henrywu
Lets elect Romney, take his money and use that money to buy 1,000,000 ponies, then we can put them on a farm and make them breed into 300,000,000. Problem solved.
Posted by Hunter.a 3 years ago
Hunter.a
I'm not really ignorant, I just need a good laugh this week.