Kelisitaan
PowerPikachu21

Everyone is equal and must be treated equally

Kelisitaan

Kelisitaan

Con

Everyone is equal and must be treated equally. I will be arguing that this statement is incorrect, pro will be arguing otherwise.

Rules: No new arguments in R4, just rebuttals.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

Accepted. I was personally challenged to this debate.
Kelisitaan

Con

Everyone is not created equal. People are born with different attributes: intelligence, athletic ability, etc.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

It would be silly to doubt the existence of other races. But this doesn't change the fact that we're still human. You wouldn't disrespect a Jew while complementing a Christian. Everybody is equal enough to be treated with an equal amount of respect.

Everybody has certain human rights, such as the freedom of speech, the right to a fair trial in court, and the right to their personal freedom. We're all human, and are equal in this way. Thus, shouldn't we treat an African American with the respect we give our American brothers?
Kelisitaan

Con

The problem is, you're cherry picking instances where people should be treated equally. However, there are PLENTY of instances where people should not be treated equally. For example, people are judged based on their actions; a serial killer should NOT be treated equally with a law abiding citizen.

The statement reads "Everyone is equal and should be treated equally." I took this statement word from word from your profile and you accepted the debate. This statement is false as I have proven; in order for a statement to be false, I'd only need to list ONE example of it being false. I have listed MANY examples, and there are a plethora more which I haven't listed.

People are not born equally; some people have higher IQs, athletic abilities, etc. They may be deserving of equal treatment in SOME areas, but not all areas.

Why would someone looking to hire an employee treat someone with an IQ of 20 the same as someone with an IQ of 160, for example? Why would a serial killer be treated the same as a law abiding citizen? Why would the NBA treat someone with no athletic talent the same as a superstar? The list goes on

Everyone is not equal, and everyone does not deserve equal treatment, because treatment is based on who you are and the actions you take, both of which are not equal.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

I guess it's time to fix the holes in my argument.

I'll amend my assumption of people getting equal treatment. It is true that punishments should be given, yet only to few. We're to pass out a law stating that "If one does misdeeds, then they are to be punished". We will treat each and every person kindness if they deserve it, as per the law states, while passing punishment on those who did harm.

We're treating everyone with an equal chance. Any more objections?
Kelisitaan

Con

Yes, plenty more objections; however, since you are goal post shifting, you clearly agree that the statement you made was incorrect. Therefore, I win the debate.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

Yeah, good game. I don't know when, or if, I'll change my profile. Maybe soon. I do concede, as I don't have good arguments.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Still doesn't mean all humans are 100% the same.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
not all actions are equal.
and people are judged for their actions not for being.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
KelisitaanPowerPikachu21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.
Vote Placed by EXOPrimal 1 year ago
EXOPrimal
KelisitaanPowerPikachu21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession