1dustpelt
Iamthejuan

Everyone is racist

1dustpelt

1dustpelt

Con

Hello, in a previous debate, someone argued that "everyone is racist". I will argue against this statement.

Definition of racism:
noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.I will wait for FourTrouble to accept.

I will wait for someone to accept this.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com...
Iamthejuan

Pro

I accept!
1dustpelt

Con

Thank you for accepting this debate.
It has indeed been proved that everyone is at least a bit discriminative, but does discrimination and racism mean the same thing? Let's look at the definition of racism.

Definition of racism:
noun
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Now let's look at the definition of discriminate.
Verb
1. To make a distinction in favor of or against a person or thing on the basis of the group, class, or category to which the person or thing belongs rather than according to actual merit; show partiality: The new law discriminates against foreigners. He discriminates in favor of his relatives.

As you see, racism and discrimination are not the same thing, because racism always involves another race, while discrimination can be against anyone. Therefore, even if it has been proved that everyone is a bit discriminative, it does not mean they are racist, so not everyone is racist.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
http://www.euvolution.com...
Iamthejuan

Pro

Ok, I am guessing my opponent is not interested in debating this with me, so I will agree that this debate has been neutralized. Please do not voe, or vote this a tie.

P.S. - Everyone IS racist though. Lol
1dustpelt

Con

My opponent has not rebutted my arguments, and it seems he had conceded. Vote Con!
Iamthejuan

Pro

Iamthejuan forfeited this round.
1dustpelt

Con

Again, my opponent has forfeited. It seems he has conceded. Forfeiting is losing. I urge you to vote Con.
Iamthejuan

Pro

Iamthejuan forfeited this round.
1dustpelt

Con

Vote Con.. I guess.
Iamthejuan

Pro

Iamthejuan forfeited this round.
Posted by Iamthejuan 2 years ago
Iamthejuan
Lol, and I just had to add (for hunour mostly) that black people think everyone is racist!
Posted by Iamthejuan 2 years ago
Iamthejuan
Sorry, I will just post my main points here so you can rebutt and I will post the majority of my argument in my next round.

My main point is that everyone is born to people of a certain race, and therefore are brought up absorbing the beliefs and traditions of that race, and inherantly biased towards the ways of others. People in general are judgemental, so anything htey see as different from their own way is wrong. Lots of white people say rap is not music; this is racist because they are basing the condition for judging music on their own personal cultural preference. They also attack the (black) rappers alot for doing things that white rock and rollers do quite frequently. Spanish people think everyone else is lazy. Asians think everyone else is stupid. The Dutch think everyone else is uptight. Jews think everyone else is frugal. Old people think black people are criminals. Young people think Arabs are either terrorists, or shrewd businessmen that are taking over our economy with their cheap arse-backwards ways (same view of Asians in general). These are just some example, and of course I will offer sound arguments based on evidence in my next round, but since this is the comments section...
Posted by Iamthejuan 2 years ago
Iamthejuan
Aw dang I should read more. Sorry i didn't see you had posted an argument now
Posted by Iamthejuan 2 years ago
Iamthejuan
* yawn...
Posted by Iamthejuan 2 years ago
Iamthejuan
I honestly don't believe in absolutes, but I do believe this statement is generally true; that everyone is racist in certain ways at certain times. This should be a fun and challenging debate.
Posted by 1dustpelt 2 years ago
1dustpelt
lol Actually I tried to debate this topic with him but both times he declined it.
Posted by Iamthejuan 2 years ago
Iamthejuan
Ha! I just reread and saw that he directed this debate at you. Sorry to steal your spotlight!
Posted by FourTrouble 2 years ago
FourTrouble
lol... good luck both of you
Posted by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
Well at least a little tiny bit, but not racism. But more likely favor themselves... We favor ourselves last comment = wrong.
Posted by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
Everyone favors their own race.
Vote Placed by Maikuru 2 years ago
Maikuru
1dustpeltIamthejuanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeit by Pro.
Vote Placed by Xerge 2 years ago
Xerge
1dustpeltIamthejuanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con argued more for his side. Pro did not do so and forfeited the last three rounds
Vote Placed by TUF 2 years ago
TUF
1dustpeltIamthejuanTied
Reasons for voting decision: via forfeit