omfg_ds_69
BillBonJovi

Everyone is unique.

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

omfg_ds_69

Pro

I will let who ever takes this debate begin with the reasoning of how humans are not unique.
BillBonJovi

Con

I thank my opponent for making this debate and now I am to argue reasons why humans are NOT unique.

Just so everyone knows I would normally think talking about humans not being Unique is not a debatable argument. But I am up for the challenge.

Using thefreedictionary.com I looked up the meaning of the word "Unique "and it said the following: "1. Being the only one of its kind", and "2. without an equal or equivalent; unparalleled." [1]

So basically seeing as my opponent seems to think "everyone is unique" then she seems to think each and every human is completely different.

This in fact false, the following facts will prove that humans are NOT unique...

1.Many same Genders

Humans have 2 different genders which are male and female. If there was only one male and only one female in the world then everyone would be unique, but the truth is there isn't, because there are billions of humans and at least half are female. On the 01 July 2007 the world Population was 6,602,224,175 this means more than 3,301,112,087 are women. [2]

Therefore everyone is NOT unique.

2.Many same sexualities

Humans are normally heterosexual but a lot of humans are also homosexual. Homosexuality is romantic and/or sexual attraction or behaviour among members of the same sex or gender. If there was only one heterosexual and only one homosexual then everyone would be unique, but there are in fact more than one of each.

There are 105.5 million households in the USA, 5.5 million of these consist of unmarried partnerships, and 595,000 of those consist of same sex partners. So there is in fact more than 1 homosexual in the world. [3]

Therefore everyone is NOT unique.

3.Many same ethnicities

The United States is a diverse country, racially and ethnically. Six races are recognized: White, American Indian and Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander. If there was only one black person and only 1 white person, then everyone would be unique, but there are in fact more than one of each.
In the USA there is an estimated amount of people of 304,059,728. An estimated 228,182,410 of them are white alone (So that is 228,182,410 all the same race) [4]

Therefore everyone is NOT unique.

I end my first round here, and I would like to remind everyone that this is quite a difficult debate for me but I'm up for the challenge.

[1] http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
[2] http://wiki.answers.com...
[3] http://www.avert.org...
[4] http://factfinder.census.gov...
omfg_ds_69

Pro

Everyone is unique.

Ever heard of the saying two heads are better than one? . . . No one thinks exactly alike.

Everyone's body is unique . . . Not one finger print, tongue print, etc. is like anyone else's.

We all have different gifts & talents.

Everyone has an individual personality.

BillBonJovi

Con

Unfortunately my opponent has failed to properly rebut any of my reasons in Round 1. In Pro's Round 1 she asked me to provide reasons why humans are not all unique.

In round 1 I was meant to give reasons why humans are not unique and so I did, in short the reasons explained were:

1.The fact that many people share the same genders
2.The fact that many people share the same sexuality
3.The fact that many people share the same ethnicities

Those 3 reasons prove that humans are not exactly all different, and Pro did not rebut them.

All I can say to end my Round 2 is...

Argument Extended.
omfg_ds_69

Pro

"1.The fact that many people share the same genders"

This is true but like I said earlier not a single finger print, tonuge print, etc
is like anyone elses. Not even identical twins are just alike.

"2.The fact that many people share the same sexuality"

This is true but no one thinks exactly alike . . . two heads are better than one as I also mentioned earlier.

"3.The fact that many people share the same ethnicities"

Many people may be the same race but people have diverse personalities as well as gifts & talents as I stated above. Everyone has their own opinions & preferences.

1 out of 1000 (only one person in a college dorm has this talent

1 out of 10,000 (only one person in a football stadium or at a concert has this talent

1 out of 1,000,000 (which means only 308 other people in US and 6,799 people in the world have that same talent)

http://www.manifestyourpotential.com...
discovery/being_unique/why_how_am_i_unique.htm

BillBonJovi

Con

In the start of the debate Pro said that I had to start "reasoning" why humans are not unique and then Pro would rebut them, and so I did. I gave 3 reasons:

And Pro's response to this one in Round 3 was:
"This is true but like I said earlier not a single finger print, tonuge print, etc is like anyone elses".
Well it seems Pro has conceded that at least having the same genders is not unique.

"This is true but no one thinks exactly alike . . . two heads are better than one as I also mentioned earlier".
Well it seems Pro has conceded that at least having the same sexualities is not unique.

"Many people may be the same race but people have diverse personalities as well as gifts & talents as I stated above".
Well it seems Pro has conceded that at least having the same ethnicities is not unique.

Overall I only had to give reasons why everyone is not unique and not ultimate proof that we not unique. Pro conceded my reasons to be true so everyone is not exactly entirely unique after all.

Also I wish to point out that someone in the comments section someone accused me of "Self refuting". This accuse is false and unfair because Pro's argument was arguably un-debateable in the first place. I ask what else anyone else could have possibility said in relation to everyone not being unique?

I was simply just another member of debate.org, saw the debate awaiting a challenger, I felt in the mood for a challenge and so I accepted the debate. And then came up with a possible counter argument (maybe the only possible) to Pro's argument. I think Pro should have at least made her argument more detailed in her Round 1.

Conclusion of debate:

In the debate I have explained my reasons for everyone not being all unique in good detail. Unfortunately Pro explained hers with very little detail and conceded my reasons to be true.

In the debate I have provided evidence to support my arguments with the sources I posted, however Pro failed to provide any reliable sources at all. And the source (URL link) Pro provided in Round 3 did not even work.

So overall it seems everyone is not entirely unique, and now I must urge a CON vote...

I'd like to thank omfg_ds_69 for this fun debate; it's been a good event to debate with you.

Thank you very much :)
Posted by dinokiller 6 years ago
dinokiller
The voters are all missing a point.

Being unique means you have something that no other people has.
If 1 of the 1.000.000 has a certain talent and of course Pro added with that nearly 7000 people has the same talent, its no longer unique as more then one people has that quality.
Posted by dinokiller 6 years ago
dinokiller
Pro contradicted himself, easy win for Jovi :P
Posted by Puck 6 years ago
Puck
Self refuting. >.<
Vote Placed by socialpinko 6 years ago
socialpinko
omfg_ds_69BillBonJoviTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con actually had intelligible arguments for his opinion. Con provided a fair amount of sources. Pro did neither.
Vote Placed by Sky_ace25 6 years ago
Sky_ace25
omfg_ds_69BillBonJoviTied
Reasons for voting decision: On the argument level Pro did make a few arguments in his Round 3 that Con did inherently ignore. This would've convinced me to vote Pro had Pro not stated that of all Con's arguments were true. Con additionally was allowed to frame this debate since Pro failed to do so, and thus under Con's interpretation (even though he dropped some arguments), Con wins.
Vote Placed by Rockylightning 6 years ago
Rockylightning
omfg_ds_69BillBonJoviTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed at refuting anything and everything. Spelling goes to con. No one used sources.
Vote Placed by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
omfg_ds_69BillBonJoviTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made arguments. Pro conceded them. Problem, logic?
Vote Placed by rogue 6 years ago
rogue
omfg_ds_69BillBonJoviTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wow, Pro didn't even try.....
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
omfg_ds_69BillBonJoviTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro almost ignored Con who presented well on a near impossible to win topic.