Masterful
frankfurter50

Everyone should be allowed to say the word 'NIGGER'

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 6 days ago Status: Voting Period

Masterful

Pro

Everyone should be allowed to say the word 'Nigger' it's not hate speech and is protected under free speech, as you can't get arrested for it.

Nigga is the same word as nigger, it's just having big lips makes you drop your vowels apparently.

I am giving black people the privilage to accept this debate on the condition that-

1) You do not speak about chicken.

2) You do use proper 'white man' grammar. No saying 'Ohh hell naw' or whatever it is you people say.

3) Do not sling sh*t.

4) 'OOO EEE AHH AHH!' Is not an argument.
frankfurter50

Con

The moment I saw this debate, the very MOMENT I saw it, I knew it was you. Hello, Masterful. Here we are yet again, with a disgusting piece of garbage that you made for no reason other than to irk me. Well, I'm going to tackle it.

"Nigger" is hate speech. It's the most vile, contemptible word that mankind has ever uttered. I am not black, but I know this for a fact. It was used in the south as a way of degrading those who were forced to toil in the fields of blood with no pay and no freedom. Even suggesting that the word is OK is wrong. It is a slur, and black people do not wish to hear it, and if they do not wish to hear it, then they do not have to. It is not protected under free speech. It is a word which is profane and lewd, and, just like the f word, if you go out on the street and start yelling it out, the cops will come and arrest you as a raving lunatic.

It is not the same as "nigga". Nigga is a word used to express companionship among black cohorts, and is a word exclusive to the black lexicon, essentially meaning "friend". In reality, neither one should be said, and an educated black person will tell you that they're equally detestable. "Nigga" evolved from "nigger," because, I suppose, after centuries of hearing that slur, black people decided to adopt it as their own, ironically. They should not have. Both words are hideous, evil carryovers of a time when people were judged for the color of their skin. Both words are unacceptable and should not be uttered by civilized people under any circumstances.

I await your next argument, Masterful.
Masterful

Pro

Nigger and nigga are exactly the same word. One is simply how black people pronounce the word as they have difficulty pronouncing everything.
They’ll pronounce giner as ginga or trigger as trigga.
It’s mildly ignorant that you’d assume a black person pronouncing the ‘err’ of a word as an ‘ahh’ is trying to use a completely different word. Have some respect for other cultures you bigot.

If we can stop denying the truth and assert that black people are indeed using the word ‘nigger’ only pronounced as ‘nigga’ on a regular basis, then we can also assert that by denying specifically white people from using said word, an act of racial prejudice is being enacted upon white people.
For arguments sake a black person would get away with saying ‘nigger.’

So I ask you Frank. Why do black people get to use the word ‘nigga’ or ‘nigger’ while white people cannot and is this racist against white people?
frankfurter50

Con

Your profile picture is of a man choking a woman...yeah, I get the idea that you're a nut.

The n word IS hate speech, actually. So is chink, spick, and all the other ethnic slurs. It's not that hard to figure out. Calling anybody something because of their skin color is wrong, because within a particular race, people can be very different. Martin Luther King Jr. was black. O.J. Simpson is black. They're totally different people, they're both just black. These are kindergarten level ethics. I hope your mother washes your dirty little mouth out with soap, ya lug nut.

Nigga and Nigger are not the same word. One is used by the race, the other is used against the race. However, I do not advocate either word. I prefer if black people use the word "friend". It carries a lot less heat. The other day, a black guy said the milder version of the n word, and a black lady told him to knock it off, so some black people hate it. And that makes sense. They're both highly derogatory. Black people use it to sound cool. It's about as cool as trying heroin. Not cool.

The two words are not just the same word pronounced by white and black people. Black people pronounce things in the same way white people do, our speech is the same. Our vocal cords are the same. Some pronounce it incorrectly, but I have heard black people pronounce it either way. They can pronounce things correctly if they want to. Have some respect for other races you bigot.

Black people use the n word because, after centuries of hearing it, it has become ingrained in their skulls until they can no longer stop associating themselves with it. We should tell them to knock it off, because some people find it utterly disrespectful. Neither white or black people should use the word. It's evil.
Masterful

Pro

"Black people use the n word because, after centuries of hearing it, it has become ingrained in their skulls"

This is simply a fallacy. My opponent seems to believe that black people are constantly saying 'nigger' because it has been ingrained in their skulls over the generations, as if it has been bred into them, as if they cannot help themselves. This logic is racist and disgusting.
His stance is for white people to not say the word, as if white people need to show the black man they're better than them.

It is not that the black man cannot help himself saying the word like my opponent would have you believe, rather, the black man has embraced the word as part of his culture and language. The issue is, the black man has claimed this word and will attack anyone who says it whom is not of his skin color. Is that not the very definition of racism? We white men can not deny the black man the use of the word, nor should they be able to deny us the use of the word.

If the word 'nigger' is hate speech, then why do black people openly use it to refer to their friends? The answer is obvious. Because you will be judged by what you say based on the color of your skin. My stance is to abolish this racism and allow free speech to be enacted by all. Stop this anti-white racism.

So while my opponent is arguing semantics and trying to separate the words 'nigger' and 'nigga' (which by the way, neither can be said by the white man) Let me remind you that anything can be made into hate speech if said in a hateful context. We should evaluate hate speech based on the context of what was said, rather than the color of the speakers skin.

The message is simple. Don't deny or attempt to control what people say, it's their right to say any word so long as it's not a threat of violence.
frankfurter50

Con

Black people have been trained to use the n word. people have said to to them for eons and eons of time, why shouldn't they begin to associate it with themselves? It's simple psychology that, when they hear it enough, they start saying it. If I said "Watermelon" to you over and over again, you'd start saying it too. Simple mental suggestion. They should not use it to mean "friend," it means much more than "friend". It refers to skin color, something that does not affect in any way how a person acts or behaves. Terms also come about because of where the person grew up. If his parents told him to say something disgusting, he'd say it. Children of any race are impressionable, so parents of all races should refrain from using profanity or ethnic slurs around them. If raised well, a child can be well behaved and mature. If they are not raised well, their conceptions of the world are incorrect. I assume that's how your childhood was.

The black man can help himself from using offensive vocabulary, and he should, because many, many people have grown tired of that word, a word which speaks loads and loads of hatred. We can all refrain from speaking it. We should all refrain from speaking it. It is a disgrace to humanity that, over a century after the civil war, we still use it so callously and without any remorse for the decades of death we have imposed on people. Nobody should use it. That's my argument, essentially. I guess I have gotten off on a few tangents over the course of this debate. Please forgive me for that. My opponent wants everybody to use it. I want nobody to use it.

Black people are not racist to white people. Rarely, maybe, but mostly it is the other way around, and we and our ancestors should be put in prison for the unspeakable acts of cruelty we inflicted on them. Except for me and my ancestors. During the civil war, my ancestors lived in Canada. We had nothing to do with slavery.

Nobody should say that word. It should be banned, thrown from the dictionary, buried in the ground, dead. It should never have existed, no racism should ever have existed, so why does it exist now? Why do we prolong its existence? It's evil, evil speech, and nobody should use it, whether they're black or white or Asian or Russian. Context doesn't matter, it's a word that came from Satan's fart.

Vote fairly, judges.
Posted by frankfurter50 4 hours ago
frankfurter50
That's fine, but I wish somebody would get this voting on the road.
Posted by Youngastronomer 1 day ago
Youngastronomer
I can't vote but here's my opinion

Conduct: Tied, both were insulting each other slightly and pro's "rules" are quaint and absolutely silly along with quite prejudiced.

Arguments: Pro continued to say that "Nigga" and "Nigger" are the same, well they are. But either way, it's an insult, legal to say but offensive. We don't call homosexuals "f*ggots" because it's offensive, same applies to "wetbacks", "crackers", etc. Arguments are even since con started out strongly but let himself go in the end.

Sources: Neither side had sources, so this is tied.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 day ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Martin Luther king is illegitimate.
Posted by What50 5 days ago
What50
I was disappointed with Franks closing arguments. He went back to semantics about the context of evil, and just felt irrelevant, and should of been brought up earlier.
Posted by SPF 5 days ago
SPF
Obviously I prefer frankfurter50 to the disgusting bigotry coming from Masterful. The one issue with frankfurter's argument is that, in my opinion if a black person uses either word, it's only right and fair for her or for him to do it. It's an act of reclamation -- taking a word that outsiders say with hate, and turning it into something positive. Many different minority groups have done this with a variety of slurs, (e.g. "queer" was a slur against gay people that has been so thoroughly reclaimed by the lgbtq community that the q at the end stands for queer) and I think it's their prerogative -- outsiders to those groups have no business using the slurs. Why, Masterful may ask, isn't this an unfair double standard? Black folks have endured racial oppression in this country, and subsequently in most other countries in the World, for hundreds of years. The n-word is a manifestation of that oppression when it is used by current, former, or would be oppressors. That being said, frankfurter50, if white people like us who realize that *we* shouldn't use that word go onto tell black people that they can't reclaim the word and put a spin on it that they prefer, then we'd be, regardless of intention, playing into the old paternalistic roles we are trying to shed and walk away from.
Posted by Masterful 5 days ago
Masterful
The Texas chainsaw massacre
Posted by frankfurter50 6 days ago
frankfurter50
You sick cookie.
Posted by ShyreWolf 6 days ago
ShyreWolf
nigger
Posted by frankfurter50 6 days ago
frankfurter50
What movie is your profile pic from?
Posted by Masterful 6 days ago
Masterful
"we and our ancestors should be put in prison for the unspeakable acts of cruelty we inflicted on them"
wtf is this? Are you dumb?

Your final argument was weak. Weak af and very ignorant. I laughed at the bit where you said-

"Black people have been trained"

They're not dogs! Ohh man.