cheeto125
knowledgeisperry

Everyone, stop doing drugs!

knowledgeisperry

cheeto125

Pro

In this debate my opponent be arguing that people should do drugs. My opponent may go first.
knowledgeisperry

Con

Thank you Pro for positing this enlightening argument.

Now, I have concern over what is exactly defined as a 'drug'. A drug can be colloquially referred to anything that is illicit within anyone's geo-political boundary - such as marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, et cetera. On the other hand, 'drugs' may be referred to as a something prescribed by a pharmaceutical agency as a recognized means to remedy an illness.

I will assume Pro is referring to the former definition of 'drugs'.

Experience is a invaluable asset in life. Experience gives you first-hand insight into what something is really like, and your particular findings may be contrary to you beliefs anterior to your experimental period. For example, one may be told that chattel are not people and that they are genetically constructed to be subservient and used at the will of their 'owners'. In order to dismiss this fallacious axiom, one must have first-hand experience in order to disprove what is to be 'common sense'.

Using drugs can have positive benefits in one's life through the experience. One can try - and the imperative word here is try - drugs and greatly benefit from it. It can develop a perspective and a greater understanding of oneself. It is worthwhile to mention the obvious, that there is varying degrees of drugs and they all have varying degrees of effects, but some drugs are worthwhile to experience.

For example, If this was not so, marijuana would not be employed as something medicinal because it's legal status renders it as illicit. However, there is ample evidence that marijuana aids cancer patients to stimulate hunger, patients suffering from arthritis and other chronic pain ailments, AIDS patients who also need assistance stimulating hunger, and alleviating depression and other adverse mental health disorders [1]. If people 'stop doing drugs', the world could be revert back into the time anterior to the Age of Enlightenment [2], in where nobody challenged what is 'common sense' and dogmatically lived the life of puppet, going through the motions and employing no cognition, just accepting what was 'to be' as 'reality'.

So, in conclusion, do whatever you want. Do drugs, challenge common knowledge, employ active cognition, do not dogmatically go through your life, and most importantly, experience things for yourself!

References:

[1]: http://naturalhealthcare.ca...
[2]: https://www.princeton.edu...
cheeto125

Pro

http://kidshealth.org...
http://drugfacts4youngpeople.com...
http://drugfactsweek.drugabuse.gov...

Those links that I have posted will back up my statement that I have made.
knowledgeisperry

Con

Pro has provided no argument but has just shared findings that he found on the internet.There is absolutely no presentation of his corroborations. It is imperative for anyone reading to fully realize that not everything you read on the internet is truth. Moreover, the meaning of "drug" has yet to been established by Pro.

I will refute all three (3) of Pro's sources, either with a counter source that has concluded on an opposite findings or identity the normative terms used in the presentation of their doctored findings.

http://kidshealth.org...
  • This website is designed for kids, and composed in a manner so kids can understand it.
  • Under the heading "Why Are Illegal Drugs Dangerous", the first sentence commits a baseless generalization about drugs. The website posts "illegal drugs aren't good for anyone ... ". If this were true, why under the previous heading - "Illegal Drugs" - would the authors of the website admit that marijuana is used for medicinal purposes? It must be good for some people if it is used as a remedy by the government.
http://drugfacts4youngpeople.com...
  • There is no references to their assertions the harms that are intrinsic to drug usage. Baseless assertions.

I am disappointed as Pro has not been able to provide any sort of original argument.
cheeto125

Pro

Instead of typing all this I said those links will back up my statement that I have made. What I mean by drug is like cocaine, weed. You know what I meant. The website said people who are SICK, but for people who are not it can cause damage to your body. Read carefully next time.
knowledgeisperry

Con

First, I did read carefully and I also quoted directly from your enlightening references. Second, the term "drug" does have multifarious implications, that is why I asked for simple clarification. Lastly, what you originally meant by "drug" is not as axiomatic as you might think.

So, from your perspective, marijuana and cocaine can cause damage to your body. This is fine. All you highlight is there is potential for drugs to damage your body. However, walking can also damage your body - i.e. rolling an ankle, muscle cramps, or slipping on ice or gravel. In your line of logic, because something has potential to cause harm to our bodies, should we refrain from doing them? Surely if we lived by these standards of potential, we would all be stagnating in a padded room all of our lives.

The relationship between drugs and harm is not as direct as you have posited - you are mixing up causality with correlation.

Thanks for your time, Pro.

cheeto125

Pro

Whatever, you really don't even make sense. Anyways, don't do drugs, it's really bad for you.
knowledgeisperry

Con

Two baseless assertions in Pro's conclusion. I will conclude by saying that the drugs do serve a purpose and can have a positive - and healthy - benefit on peoples lives.
Posted by cheeto125 3 years ago
cheeto125
It's a shame you can't even work without doing cocaine. That was an example of what I meant. You seem pretty fine to me, you don't need those drugs.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
Not all drugs are bad for you.

If it weren't for cocaine, I'd probably get a lot less stuff done at work.
Posted by cheeto125 3 years ago
cheeto125
Lol.
Posted by knowledgeisperry 3 years ago
knowledgeisperry
Well, not everyone understands your inane sense of humour.
Posted by cheeto125 3 years ago
cheeto125
Ok, and.... Just cause I have that picture doesn't make me a bad person. It's a joke.
Posted by knowledgeisperry 3 years ago
knowledgeisperry
A little doll - presumably "Chucky" - fingering the camera is what you represent. All the themes that can be perceived through your display picture is what you represent.
Posted by cheeto125 3 years ago
cheeto125
represent what?
Posted by knowledgeisperry 3 years ago
knowledgeisperry
It's what you represent.
Posted by cheeto125 3 years ago
cheeto125
It's not my middle finger.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
First, stop showing me your middle finger.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
cheeto125knowledgeisperryTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never made arguments. Links to websites are not a substitute for argumentation.
Vote Placed by Defro 3 years ago
Defro
cheeto125knowledgeisperryTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided hardly any arguments at all and instead requested viewers to read his sources and take that as his arguments. Con made sound arguments that essentially refuted Pro's "arguments".