Pain
flash7221

Everything all beings do is selfish in a cosmic sort of way.

Pain

Pro

If you've ever seen a factory billowing smoke about, then you'll think of pollution, something being made for the sake of mankind, or you won't care. If you don't care, you're not being selfish. If you think of it as for the sake of mankind, you're being reasonably selfish. If you think about pollution, you're thinking about someone else being selfish and not caring about the world. Before you say this, saving someone's life is a selfish thing to do. Yelling for help is a selfish thing to do. Not taking any heed is not selfish. There is no such thing as selflessness. If you're thinking the correct way, then you should know that the only thing that is not selfish in this world is the world itsself. If you wish to save someone's life, you think of that life as value and WANT to keep it in existance. That is just like wanting to keep something you like clean. If you yell for help when trapped, about to die, etc. then you simply WANT to remain with your life as a physical form intact. This is just like the feeling you get when SOME, not all, people get when they break their phone, laptop, etc. It is true that the human race is the most selfish, greedy race on this planet.If you belive in selflessness, then just try to make me give in to that. I will make you see my light.
flash7221

Con

wow, i cant argue to this. but being selfish is just differant. the way your putting it, yeah, everything we do is selfish i guess. but saving someones life, you wouldnt consider selfish? your not thinking of yourself as you save that person. or if you take a bullet to the arm while jumping in front of your girlfriend, how is that selfish? just the way you make it sound makes it very weird and techniquely right. but, you wouldnt look at someone like "wow, hes selfish for saving his girlfriends life." see what i mean?
Pain

Pro

You have a point, but it's not weather you're caring about you're own life or not. It's if you're caring about it at all. I agree that taking a bullet to the arm to save a loved one is a noble thing to do, and would also make you look good (chucles), but you're also thinking of that person's life as valuable to yourself. If you lost that person, would you feel a pain inside of yourself? That is because you took your own intrest to that life. If you do not feel anything when loosing someone close to you, it is not abnormal, nor is it a bad thing. It is simply you not feeling any greif (a form of pain caused by loosing someone/thing close to you) to the loss of that [person/thing].
And with that I leave it to you, my opponent.
flash7221

Con

i dont know, that pretty weird. you are a smart person.

no further argument.
Pain

Pro

I'M SORRY. OPPONENT CANNOT SURRENDER UNTIL THE LAST ROUND. YOU MUST POST ANY POSSIBLE TEXT UNTIL THEN.
flash7221

Con

ok. but what do i say to that? its just differant when your actually being selfish. my suggestion: start a new debate with same title.
Pain

Pro

I'll take your suggestion, but noone will be able to vote until it is over. And this was my first debate too........ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................................................
Okay then. Until next we debate, former opponent.
flash7221

Con

Forfeit. Vote pro. (him)
Pain

Pro

Pain forfeited this round.
flash7221

Con

flash7221 forfeited this round.
Posted by EHT-Ink 5 years ago
EHT-Ink
This was funny, sometimes you must argue for things you dont agree for or even believe is possible. find some sources manipulate the definition of selfish etc.
Posted by flash7221 5 years ago
flash7221