SarcasticMethod
steffon66

Everything happens for a reason

SarcasticMethod

Con

I noticed that you had made an "opinion" about how everything has a purpose, and, being interested in the philosophical idea, I decided to debate you on that point. Use correct English, please. The Burden of Proof lies on you, as the claim-maker.

I define "a reason" as an actual, planned purpose for something (by some intelligent being) as opposed to a simple physical cause.

Happy debating!
steffon66

Pro

i was going to dabate with you but i have an idea. why dont we both do con and have the people vote to see who has the best arguments against the belief that everything happens for a reason?
SarcasticMethod

Con

Official forfeit. I will not post another response.
steffon66

Pro

I don't believe everything happens for a reason but I bet I have better arguments than u. So ur an idiot for challenging me thinking I believe in free will while I was clearly arguing against it. Provide a link to my opinion that u think isn't a pro opinion and show everyone how stupid u are.
SarcasticMethod

Con

SarcasticMethod forfeited this round.
steffon66

Pro

what i meant to say is that it was stupid to challenge me to this debate when my opinion was clearly against the belief that EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. this guy saw an argument of mine that was against the belief and then twisted it in his head and made himself believe that i believe everything happens for a reason. if i knew how to give links to the argument i would.
SarcasticMethod

Con

SarcasticMethod forfeited this round.
steffon66

Pro

steffon66 forfeited this round.
SarcasticMethod

Con

SarcasticMethod forfeited this round.
steffon66

Pro

steffon66 forfeited this round.
Posted by rossila13 2 years ago
rossila13
steffon66, I would like to warn you on your conduct, calling people names and such. This is a debating website, not a insulting website, and watch your tongue about other peoples beliefs. You may not agree but that does NOT mean that you can put it down in such a condescending way.
Posted by mentalist 2 years ago
mentalist
@ steffon66...cause and effect is not always equal and opposite...so I wonder what you think you mean by kharma?
Posted by mentalist 2 years ago
mentalist
Kharma has roots in physics...every action has an equal an opposite reaction. Also, there is a difference between cause and purpose.
Posted by Range 2 years ago
Range
If the pro contender wanted to argue con arguments, maybe he should have let a karma preacher take his place in the debate. Nonetheless, break a leg.
Posted by steffon66 2 years ago
steffon66
what proof? where was karma durring the slave days? everybody did horrible things to slaves. now for karma to get them back in this life time they would have had to have gone through horrible things their whole life and karma would have to get an early start on them punishing them as children not to mention they didnt just enslave one person at a time they enslaved dusins of people for their whole lives so times the slaves life by 12 and thats what the person would have to go through for karma to be getting them just as bad as it gets others. not to mention good people suffer and bad people prosper and thats a fact it happens. so clearly karma is a lie meant to comfort people and prevent them from getting revenge so we can have law and order.
Posted by Liberals 2 years ago
Liberals
Karma, people. There's plenty of proof that it exists.
Posted by steffon66 2 years ago
steffon66
i ran out of room. but if everything happens according to god plan then clearly we do it because he made us do it. otherwise if we had free will we wouldnt do exactly what god wants. i couldnt message you or accept the debate apparently because there is no way for me to do round one. i was just gona debate it with you anyways to see how good your reasons are which woulda sucked because id be at a huge disadvantage trying to argue for the belief because its clearly false. but anyways tell me what question it was that i made an opinion that said i believed in free will.
Posted by steffon66 2 years ago
steffon66
well your an idiot. i hate the doctrine that everything happens for a reason as its meant. i dont believe every action serves gods purposes. thats ridiculous. i get milk up my nose sometimes and stuff like that that is virtually non consequential. some things are arbitrarily chosen by god if he exists. like colors and the shape of mountains and stuff. not to mention what happens is very broad set of things while what should happen is a very narrow set of things. everything thats possible happens when it comes to a lot of things. girls get raped and murdered and some live wonderful lives as spoiled little brats and everything in between happens. there are fat people skinny people and everything in between. there are happy people miserable people and everything in between. rich people poor people and everything in between. so how can all things that happen serve god when all things that are possible happen? that is ridiculous. i dont know what opinion you read that said i believed everything happened for a purpose but i hate that freaking belief so you misread it big time everything happens for a reason.... that tells me i can do whatever i want and it happened for a reason so it isnt evil and it actually wouldnt even be my fault. see if everything happens for a reason then everything happens according to gods plan if you mean there is a godly justification behind everything that happens and it all serves his purpose. if we had free will things would happen for our reasons hents evil. if everything happens for gods reasons he is in control and shouldnt punish us for evil because like good its serving his purpose in which case there is no evil for that and because we dont have free will. people who believe this have conflicting beliefs. if you mean everything happens because of a previous action that caused it to happen then your right but waist time explaining common sense that doesnt comfort people or anything.