Motormouth
liam12

Evolution Exists!

Motormouth

Con

Evolution does NOT exist. In the eyes of an agnostic (someone who doesn't believe in GOD) they have no other way to explain how the world came to be. The Big Bang Theory and Evolution just doesn't fit right in the eyes of a true believer in GOD. If evolution exists then why are our modern day monkeys, chimps (or whatever has been said to evolve) evolving now? An agnostic says " It takes generations for a monkey to evolve." Monkeys don't even live that long! And the only thing they have that is close to a human is opposable thumbs.
liam12

Pro

First of all, an agnostic is not someone who doesn't believe in Gods existence. That is an atheist. An Agnostic simply claims that they don't know if God exists or not.

Secondly, do you go to a Catholic school? I do. We are taught evolution and the Big Bang Theory. If you really take the creation story in the book of Genesis that literal then you are more of a "creationist." If you really want to take that story that literal, then you must believe in the fact that the earth is only 6,000 years old? No you probably don't.

The reason why we have a 7 day creation story is simple. The Israelite were under Babylonian rule. The Babylonians had a 7 day creation story, so to spread the Israelite faith they also taught a 7 day creation story so it would be easier for the Babylonians to understand and believe. It's that simple.

Now I am just saying this, I am a true believer of God, my priest is a true believer of God, my Theology teacher is a true believer of God and we all believe in the Big Bang and evolution. We believe it was the way that God created us. Did you ever hear the phrase "To God time is not existent, he is outside of time. To God 1,000 years is like a day, and a day is like 1,000 years." God could have created us in 1 quadrillion years for all I care, to Him that would be like a day. Please don't take the creation story word for word.

My last point is: Evolution DID happen, the Big Bang most likely happened (although the Big Bang is missing some critical evidence) Proof of evolution has been discovered through fossils and DNA. If us humans evolved from monkeys then so what? We are quite different from them anyways. You must keep in mind that Science is fact, it can be proved. In my opinion God is real as well, but we can't take everything He says to literal. That is the main reason why the church has gone through many problems, and why it is facing problems with sexism to this day, especially on the topic of not letting women become priests. If you take anything too literal in today's society you are making a fool of yourself. Remember that God wouldn't have told people 6,000 years ago that they were created through evolution and the Big Bang, they just didn't understand science back then.
Motormouth

Con

Wrong again. An atheist HATES GOD. I don't go to a catholic school I go to a public school. Obviously Catholics believe differently than Lutherans. Ha the big bang theory misses points. First, Lets say you created the worlds first camera. You know are famous for being the fastest runner in the world. as you were running in the forest you tripped and got caught in some brushes. You went from first to 5th place. One of your competitors( lets name him Pete) stops by and helps you out of the brushes. Now being free, You run your fastest to the finish line. You pass four people, leaving the Pete in the back trails. You cross the finish line with Pete in second. Everybody is cheering you on. If Pete never helped you you wouldn't have made it. In your speech you never thanked Pete for helping you. Evolution is you and GOD is Pete. GOD gave us brains and we don't even think to thank him for that simple thing just like you not thanking Pete. GOD gave free will so he lets you believe what you want. When judgement day comes around guess who isn't going. You because, you never thanked him for anything.
Second, GOD is a creationist ( as you put it). He created the heavens and the earth. Simple giving a place to live. But, how do you make a house? Cement. How is cement made?combination of calcium, silicon, aluminum, iron and other ingredients. Where do those things come from? etc. It ALL ends up coming from one place. Earth. Now humans couldn't have made the earth, they didn't exist until AFTER the earth was made. A big bang would have set wood to fire or would've burned down don't you think? We have free will and being given free will, We believe what we want? Using that as answer to every question related to this. I will not force you to believe nor, will GOD. That's simply the power of GOD-GIVEN free will.
liam12

Pro

liam12 forfeited this round.
Motormouth

Con

I will not force you to believe in GOD. That's your job. I thank you for accepting this challenge. I do wish that you see this debate through my eyes.
liam12

Pro

liam12 forfeited this round.
Posted by MastrDebator 3 years ago
MastrDebator
Motormouth.
Please know what the basic knowledge of the topic YOU INSTIGATED before you show that you have no idea what you are talking about...
Posted by T_parkour 3 years ago
T_parkour
- Dictionary definition of agnostic:
a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.
- Dictionary definition of atheist:
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.
- Dictionary definition of antitheist:
a person who is opposed to belief in the existence of a god.

Why are we even having this little mini-debate in the comments? You can break down the words!
- atheism:
a (lacking) theism (belief in a god or gods)
- agnosticism:
a (lacking) gnosticism (knowledge - in this case, about the existence of a god or gods)
- antitheism:
anti (against) theism (belief in a god or gods)

As you can see, agnostics are uncertain of God's existence, atheists do not believe in God, and antitheists are against God.
Posted by Motormouth 3 years ago
Motormouth
An atheist believe there is GOD be they hate GOD. An Agnostic don't believe in GOD.
Posted by T_parkour 3 years ago
T_parkour
Not sure if troll debate or actual debate...

Atheists do not hate God. One cannot hate something that one believes does not exist. Anti-theists, however, are against God.
Posted by Motormouth 3 years ago
Motormouth
gee thanks :/
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Nice troll debate.