bobbyh9979
ChristusExemplar

Evolution (Pro) vs Creation (Con)

bobbyh9979

Pro

I am an evolutionist, meaning that I believe that evolution is the best model we have for the explanation of our origins. So, all you Jesus freaks come and debate me about this topic. :)

Rules:
-Please use the best grammar that you can
-Make your position clear
-Don't be obscene

Let the debate BEGIN!!!
ChristusExemplar

Con

I'd like to thank Pro for organizing this debate; I am sure our discussion will be insightful and bear much fruit in terms of content and dialogue.

An initial problem (or concern, I should say) I have just thus far into the debate is Pro's lack of clarifying terms. Granted, he is more than welcome to do so throughout his affirmative case, but he has set no parameters for this debate nor are the terms he is giving attention to by any means clear or structured.

I would ask that Pro establish his definitions first (and/or arguments if he should like) so that we might be able to continue.
bobbyh9979

Pro

I can certainly clarify exactly what we are debating. I don't believe that a god exists. I believe that evolution is the best model that we have for describing our origins. The reason why I believe that is based on scientific experimentation and observations. I do not believe in a god(s) because of the absurd presupposition that must be made in order to believe in an intelligent and omnipotent being that created us. The presupposition being that a god(s) exist.

To clarify what I want to debate, I want to debate the proof of a god. What is that proof and how do we know it's true.

I hope this clarified what I was looking for. :)
ChristusExemplar

Con

ChristusExemplar forfeited this round.
bobbyh9979

Pro

bobbyh9979 forfeited this round.
ChristusExemplar

Con

ChristusExemplar forfeited this round.
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
If you wanted to debate the proof of god, then why the hell did you used the resolution evolution vs creationism.