hayhen13
Mags2

Evolution (Pro) vs Creationism (Con)

hayhen13

hayhen13

Pro

First round will be acceptance, to make it fair. Forfeiting will be an automatic loss. Anyone who wants to seriously defend creationism (Christian Bible) should accept this debate. Good luck!
Mags2

Con

Arguments:
Since Evolution is all about since and such, I will give you some scientific example about how God exists. "On the human gene PYGB, Phosporomylase Glycogen, a non-coding transposon, holds a linguistic sequence that translates as "At first break of day, God formed sky and land." This bears a stunning similarity to Gen 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Gene Bmp3 has a Retrotransposon sequence which translates to the well-known 1 Cor 6:19 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." This is repeated over and over throughout the entire sequence of human DNA: embedded equivalent genetic code of ancient Aramaic that seems to translate as the word of god to his people."[1] Wow!! Now how are you going to rebuttal that?
To add on to that, Matthew Boulder, chief linguist said and I quote "As for the evidence- it is there and it is, to my view, undeniable. The very word of God, elegantly weaved in and out of our very bodies and souls, as plain as day. And the beauty of it, that God would lay down the words of truth in our very beings, shows his love and The Miracle."

Now, I believe that you will have no rebuttals to the written word of God. How could you even doubt God, when in his written word he says : Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. If you would like to look it up, the verse is John 14:6

Now, since we all know that we are going to die one day, and when we die,we will be judged by the almighty God. Not knowing your personal religion, but since you are down this debate, I can only guess that you are atheist, but who am I to judge. Now, to add onto the dying part, would you like to hear this: ""Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?" 23 And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!" Matthew 7:21-23

Or would you rather hear this : His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master." It's your choice, not mine. Un-faithful servant or Faithful servant!
hayhen13

Pro

Thank you very much for that… interesting response.

In the opening sentence I said, “First round will be acceptance, to make it fair.”

I’m not sure if my opponent is just extremely unintelligent, or extremely and obnoxiously rude. I will go with extremely unintelligent for right now. The very title of this debate is; Evolution vs Creationism. My opponent has not given any evidence to show that his view; creationism, is dominant and true over evolution but proceeds to try to prove God exists.

My opponent’s only argument was; 7 different citations from the Bible (I think, it was all very confusing), and some kind of evidence that God exists (which is not actually what this debate is about if you would care to read the title) through codes of DNA translating a secret coded message that relates to a verse in the Bible. Wow.

Rebuttal:

“To add on to that, Matthew Boulder, chief linguist said and I quote ‘As for the evidence- it is there and it is, to my view, undeniable. The very word of God elegantly weaved in and out of our very bodies and souls, as plain as day. And the beauty of it, that God would lay down the words of truth in our very beings, shows his love and The Miracle."

The very most we can conclude from this, is that Matthew Boulder very well might be the most religious and biased scientist ever. My opponent of course didn’t cite any sources; I eventually found the site mt opponent used

http://witscience.org...

Now to defeat this argument. There are about 32 billion base pairs, or letters that make up the human genome. In order to list all of these, you would need to type 60 words per minute, 8 hours a day, for around 50 years. Out of the 32 billion letters, there is a very, very, very probable chance that a sentence would form and fit a language. Or even a sentence that kind of sounds like it could be from the Bible. There is also an equal amount of chance that a sentence would come out as saying, “God does not exist.”

This is a very weak argument; that somehow God is trying to show his presence by communicating with us through lines of genetic code. It is actually amusing that my opponent sincerely believes that their God is communicating to them through lines of genetic DNA code.

My opponent then says all this,

“Wow!! Now how are you going to rebuttal that?”

“Now, I believe that you will have no rebuttals to the written word of God. How could you even doubt God”

“Now, to add onto the dying part, would you like to hear this”

My opponent obviously thinks that they are a very witty and clever character. My opponent thinks that the truth and holiness of God will rain over me and defeat me, and that I have no chance of winning this debate, because I cannot deny the words of God.

To my opponent,

You amuse me.

Sincerely,

Your 13 year old atheist friend,

Hayden

Conclusion:

I was looking forward to having a good debate with an intelligent person, but sadly that has not happened. My opponent’s only argument, besides throwing random verses at me, was about some coded message from God through DNA. I have already defeated it, and since that was the only argument my opponent proposed, I am finished. Thank you.

http://publications.nigms.nih.gov...

http://askabiologist.asu.edu...

Mags2

Con

Mags2 forfeited this round.
hayhen13

Pro

"Forfeiting will be an automatic loss" my opponent has just forfeited, and thus lost.
Mags2

Con

Mags2 forfeited this round.
hayhen13

Pro

Nothing to say.
Mags2

Con

Mags2 forfeited this round.
hayhen13

Pro

Evolution wins.
Mags2

Con

Mags2 forfeited this round.
Posted by hayhen13 1 year ago
hayhen13
Okay, that sounds good, but not right now, not until I finish my debates
Posted by sengejuri 1 year ago
sengejuri
I will debate you on this if you want a more *intelligent* argument....
Posted by Atmas 1 year ago
Atmas
Con is either trolling or a moron. There are far better arguments for creationism than that dribble.
Posted by hayhen13 1 year ago
hayhen13
sengejuri,
Creationism: The idea that God created life and humans
Evolution: The idea that humans formed through the process of natural selection.
Posted by sengejuri 1 year ago
sengejuri
how are you defining "evolution" and "creationism"?
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
hayhen13Mags2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture results in an automatic loss, per the rules.
Vote Placed by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
hayhen13Mags2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to con since pro was calling them unintelligent, overall being a very rude person. Due to forfeiture pro wins.
Vote Placed by darthebearnc 1 year ago
darthebearnc
hayhen13Mags2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro wins all 7 because Con forfeited and breached the no-forfeiture rule in the introduction to the debate. Pro also had better arguments.