Thiest_1998
Bridget.Ann

Evolution and Atheism is a religion

Thiest_1998

Pro

I am a born again Christian who believes the bible is scientific accurate and historically correct in every detail and also believes that every kind of evolution
1.Stellar evolution
2.cosmic evolution
3.organic evolution
4.chemical evolution
5.macro evolution
6. And last but not least micro evolution which happens but the rest have no proof and since you can't prove that God doesn't exist then atheism and evolution are religious.

I challenge anyone to prove me wrong if I am proved wrong then I will denounce my faith.
Bridget.Ann

Con

Regarding you thinking that the bible is scientifically accurate..when did the dinosaurs come in..and after eve had cain and able, and able died, how was there suddenly a huge town full of people if God only made Adam and eve? Anyway, you thinking that atheism is a religion is ridiculous. Atheism is the LACK of religion. Scientology is a religion, but atheism is NOT. and no, we cannot absolutely prove that god doesnt exist, but scientists have found that the bible is so incorrect in so many ways that it makes God's existence unlikely. And you saying that if you are proved wrong you will denounce your faith means that you dont really believe that God exists, so your first paragraph is utter nonsense.
Thiest_1998

Pro

I think before the flood dinosaurs have always lived with man.

With the Cain and Abel story it was only talking about two brothers the bible never said that they were the only people on the earth.

In my definition a religion is a faith based philosophy based on what you think of how the universe came into existence and since atheist can't disprove God then they
must have "faith" that evolution is the reason for the earth's existence.

I think the people who study religion's eg Christianity is called theologians not scientists and btw what are the errors in the Bible?

I said that I will denounce my faith because I am that confident that there is no proof for evolution 1-5 and so making atheism a religion.
Bridget.Ann

Con

Scientists have proven that dinosaurs lived way before the bibe says adam and eve were created.

The bible says that god worked for 6 days and only created Adam and Eve on the 6th day, so either Cain had sex with Eve to populate the earth, the story still not making sense, or the bible is just made up of lies. The latter seems more appealing.

Not all atheists believe in evolution. A good number of them don't have a belief of how humans were made and they can accept that without making up something to make sense of it. Remember people that believe can't prove his existence either, its just that atheists keep an open mind.

Some examples of errors in the Bible are:
If noahs boat was airtight during the flood, then they couldn't breathe, if it wasn't, they would have drowned
Another of noahs errors is that they would have needed to take more than two of every animal to feed the carnivorous animals.
And another one is Noah was ordered to put two of every animal into the ark, but dinosaurs didn't make it on there, considering you believe that dinosaurs existed the same time as humans?
I could go on about poor Noah, but I'm tired of pointing out that stories flaws.

There is no proof of God, so you're saying if there's no proof of something it should be a religion?
Thiest_1998

Pro

Just one question "HOW" have scientist proved that dinosaurs lived before man and where did you get this information from?

Cain didn't have sex with Eve it says in Genesis 5 that Adam had sons and daughters.

ok that made me laugh most atheist don't keep an open mind trust me.

there was a window in the ark so they would constantly get fresh air.

I believe every animal before the flood was a herbivore because God only gave them permission to eat herbs.

Dinosaurs did make it on the ark why would you think that they didn't make it on the ark.

You must have skimmed my post because I said a religion is a philosophy about how the world got here without proof and evolution is one of them and its true (only evolution 1-5)
Bridget.Ann

Con

They have proved how long ago the dinosaurs lived by their bones??

The bible says that Adam and Eve only had Cain and Able, and that Cain killed Able. Even IF there was a daughter, did the daughter reproduce with Cain? Incest is frowned upon in the Bible.

Your remark on how Atheists dont keep an open mind proves that people of religion clearly cant keep an open mind about other people. I dont see why anyone would smite someone because of their religion. Atheists are only frowned upon because they are in the minority in the USA.

There was a window in the ark? Wow. Okay. Assuming that glass was even invented, and they found some way to frame A window into the Ark, they would have let water into the ark drowning them.

It is impossible for lions, bears, cougars, etc, to stay alive without meat. If they were herbivores, how did Noah get enough plants to feed all of the animals, a garden inside the Ark, perhaps?

If dinosaurs made it on the ark, they wouldnt be extinct..every other animal wasnt extinct.

Evolution is far more likely to not be philosophy, as there can eventually be proof of how humans came to be. Religion, however, can never be proven.
Thiest_1998

Pro

If I may ask what Method did the scientist use to date the dinosaurs bones?

Show me where it says they ONLY had Cain and Abel because in my Bible it says in Genesis 4:17 in the first line it says and Cain knew his WIFE take that as you will.

I never said Atheist cant keep an open mind I said most Atheist I know don't keep an open mind you're starting to twist my words I don't know why you would think I'm trying to smite someone because of their religion wait... are you admitting that Atheism/Evolution is a religion?
And where are you getting that statistic from btw I live in the UK and they're not a minority over here.

The window would probably be at the top of the Ark not the bottom.

It is possible there has been a lion that never ate meat http://creation.com...
Is that a rhetorical question?

I personally don't think dinosaurs are extinct but if they were its probably because after the flood when humans started to rebuild society they started hunting certain animals probably dinosaurs and its probably why they're not around its not the first animal humans have hunted until it became extinct.

The thing is there isn't any evidence for evolution so its still a philosophy and the fact that you said that religion cant be proved and previously you said that you were "open minded" take that as you will.....

I think you should dig deeper you don't have to watch all of it. https://www.youtube.com...

https://www.youtube.com...

https://www.youtube.com...

Give it a try what have you got to lose, you can watch them in your spear time.
Bridget.Ann

Con

Scientists study the isotopes and the parent daughter relationship between the atoms to date dinosaur bones. I don't want to get into it too much, but people study to be paleontologists, so unless you're saying that every paleontologist is studying paleontology wrong, then so be it.

The bible says that Adam and Eve could have had multiple sons and daughters, as Adam supposedly lived to be over 900 years old (totally believable), but there were no other people, so Cain and Adam's other children had to have populated the earth by having children.

Atheism is, by definition, the lack of belief in God or gods. It is often mistaken for the belief that God or gods exist, but it is the lack of belief in them.

If there was a flood, the water would still get in the window, and if there's a window, it kind of defeats the point of the ark being airtight. And how did they even make the boat airtight? It's not like they had paste or anything that they could put on there. And glass windows weren't even invented until the 17th century, so...Even if they had a window there would be NO WAY that they could make it sealed.

Out of all the carnivores on the ark, there would be many, many of them that would want to eat meat, and if they don't get fed, then they would eat the zebras and gazelles and so on. And if dinosaurs WERE on the ark, then they would definitely eat other animals..carnivorous dinosaurs need meat to live, which is why they are carnivorous.

So God said to bring two of every animal onto the ark, but after the flood he knew they were going to hunt all species of dinosaurs into extinction?

If evolution and religion can't be proved, then they are both philosophies, but eventually evolution could be proven. I never said I was an atheist, either.

I did not watch those because I don't have hours to sit around all day..I don't have that much 'spear time.'
Thiest_1998

Pro

Hmmmmm I thought that isotopes is used to measure atomic number and mass number some people say that scientists use carbon dating even though it has some flaws but I wouldn't get to much into it.

When Dinosaurs were around they were 80 ft creatures with noses the same size as a horses the ecological conditions must have been a lot (different) than it is today and is probably why humans got to live so long before the flood.

Thanks captain obvious, but in the first stanza I would like to point out the word "belief", you're not sure that there are any God or gods and since you cling to evolution it's a religion because it's a philosophy on how the world got here with No evidence.

I'm just going to say how God told Noah how he should make the Ark Genesis 6:15-17
And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

By the way if people lived to be 900+ year's they could learn a lot and if there was a global flood like it says in the Bible that would completely destroy civilisation and sometimes you would get people reinventing things people made hundreds if not thousands of years before.

For starters you have never seen a dinosaur and you're making assumptions on what it ate.

There are hundreds of forest's in the world that haven't even been observed and just search up these words on Google and see what you get mokele mbembe http://www.forbidden-history.com...

Evolution hasn't been proven and you are an atheist you said you don't believe in God.

Hence why you're on debate.org and I said just watch 10 minutes of it not the whole thing you can watch it in your spare time.

Thank you Bridget.Ann for debating me it has been a pleasure I wish you the best and have a wonderful day :)
Bridget.Ann

Con

Scientists can *also* know how old dinosaur bones are by looking at the rocks above and below the dinosaur's bones.

Wow those are some small noses even though the topic of dinosaur noses is irrelevant..when Adam and Eve got cast out of the garden, the bible states that they were susceptible at diseases, so them living that long and having more children doesn't make sense (no surprise.)

The lack of belief states that even if there is a God, athiests don't believe in Him. If its so obvious, why are you debating it?

How the boat was made is faulted because glass hadn't been invented yet, so..

If people reinvented things, we'd be way more advanced today by our ancestors.

Just like animals today, scientists have deducted which dinosaurs are meat and which ate plants. The dinosaurs with sharp pointed teeth ate meat, those teeth are for ripping meat not eating plants, and herbivores had flatter grinding teeth for eating plants..

Yes, there have been *sightings* of things such as your mokele mbembe, bigfoot, the yeti, the loch ness monster, and so on, but these have never been proven. And in the link that you so generously provided me with, the picture is in black and white, so it was taken some time ago, and if you look up those words, it says that there hasn't been a sighting in over 250 years.

God hasn't been proven. Just because I don't believe in god doesn't mean I'm an atheist. I could be muslim. Just saying.

Yeah that was boring, just saying.
Posted by Heirio 10 months ago
Heirio
I never said I wasn't an atheist...
Posted by Thiest_1998 10 months ago
Thiest_1998
the fact that you don't believe in God makes you an atheist its even says it on your profile
Posted by Heirio 11 months ago
Heirio
"I think before the flood dinosaurs have always lived with man."

There is zero proof of such.

"With the Cain and Abel story it was only talking about two brothers the bible never said that they were the only people on the earth."

God made only two people to start the human race, Adam and Eve. They had two kids, Abel and Cain. Since the only other two people were Adam and Eve. Only four people, three guys and one woman. That is not enough to propagate a species.

"In my definition a religion is a faith based philosophy based on what you think of how the universe came into existence and since atheist can't disprove God then they must have "faith" that evolution is the reason for the earth's existence."

1. That's not the official definition for a religion.
2. The whole point of atheism is a lack of faith.
3. Atheism and evolution aren't inherently linked. There are theists who believe in evolution occurred.
4. How is not being able to disprove a God linking to faith in evolution?
5. There is evidence for evolution, none for God.

"I think the people who study religion's eg Christianity is called theologians not scientists and btw what are the errors in the Bible?"

The fact that God calls incest a sin yet he forces humans into situations wherein the only way to propagate the species is to do so via incest.
The fact that rainbows didn't seem to exist until after Noah's ark, which means that either sunlight didn't exist, rain didn't exist, or the laws of physics were different.
I could list many more.

"I said that I will denounce my faith because I am that confident that there is no proof for evolution 1-5"

Well, unfortunately for you - whether you believe it or not - there is evidence for evolution.

"and so making atheism a religion."

Atheism and evolution are not inherently linked.
Posted by Surgeon 11 months ago
Surgeon
Back to the topic of the debate.

Pros round 1 is misguided. Given Pros worldview, how can he ever be proven wrong? His model of reality includes the existence of magic. Magic is invoked by the supernaturalist everytime the going gets hard. How does Pro explain phylogeny? Magic! How does Pro explain nested set hierarchies? Magic! How does Pro acount for the varying density of the cosmic background radiation? Magic! On and on it goes...

If you exclude the possiblity of magic and work on answers which are repeatable and testable (and actually make predictions), then you have to accept the best explanations. These are the explanatory frameworks of the relevant scientific theories, which get updated by better understanding and empiricism. Con can only ever appeal to the evidential claims of science. Thus Pro can be shown to be wrong by reference to the best explanation (and by Occams Razor), but how can he be proved wrong, when he can simply assert that Magic did it?
Posted by CaptainScarlet 11 months ago
CaptainScarlet
So far I have seen nothing to suggest much attention was paid in any science lesson nor religious education classes.
Posted by Heirio 11 months ago
Heirio
@CaptainScarlet

I'm just wondering whether or not he paid any attention in his biology classes.
Posted by Heirio 11 months ago
Heirio
"that's precisely what it means"

Just because you say that's what it means, it doesn't make it so.
You've proven yourself to be terrible at understand evolution, so that makes you unreliable when it comes to telling people what things mean when they concern evolution.

"... you'll even argue with the text book."

I never argued with the text book.
Stop lying.

"After science has lied to you your whole short ife your still ready to believe them."

Give me proof they've lied to me. The only one who seems to be lying here is you.

"Oh so NOW you weren't arguing with the definition ... right!"

I never was. My first reply concerning the definition consisted of me agreeing with it.
Hence, you're either lying or being wilfully ignorant.
Take your pick. Neither would surprise me.

"I gave you the TEXTBOOK definition and you still said it was wrong?"

I never did. My first reply concerning the definition consisted of me agreeing with it.

"well it's been interesting I give you the textbook definition of evolution"

I claimed it was correct. It never actually went against any of my points. It did nothing to hurt my case.
Moreover, copy and pasting something doesn't mean you understand it. You clearly still don't understand evolution.

"and You say I'M wrong."

Yeah.

"I think I just showed you hoe wrong YOU were"

How? You gave me a definition that agreed with me, I agreed with it, you lied a bit and then proceeded to make plenty of straw men.
That's not you proving me wrong.
That's you making a fool of yourself.

".... anyway it was fun? Need to go seek other areas now before people start talking ...... see ya around?"

Running?
If you have the time to retake high school biology, I would highly recommend it.
Posted by CaptainScarlet 11 months ago
CaptainScarlet
@Heirio

He can't even reason from his own theology to its implications . He makes illogical and contradictory statements. He fails to grasp the concept of god from the time of Anselm to now. He is poorly versed in xtian philosophy. Sophisticated xtian theologians would disagree with his statements and find his arguments and attitude an embarrassment. Do you seriously expect him to put a cogent argument together for the explanation on the diversity of life? Do you expect him to have read all the enormous amount of research supporting evolutionary theory?

He thinks he knows more than science does, because from his armchair, and without doing any actual research he can conclude of the top of his head that "god did it". So the troll feeds itself off YouTube with some of those desperate fraudulent demagogues preaching creationism. Strange thing is, it is really easy for FoC to overturn the ToE. He becomes qualified, does the research, writes the papers, argues his case, wins the argument. You know does science. Babbling and incoherently ranting on here about evolution is false, changes not one thing. He needs to man up and educate himself. But I fear that he only has one book as his reading material. I am sure he thinks his god is proud of him. Maybe its the best that he can be, a troll is a troll is a troll.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 11 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
well it's been interesting I give you the textbook definition of evolution and You say I'M wrong. I think I just showed you hoe wrong YOU were .... anyway it was fun? Need to go seek other areas now before people start talking ...... see ya around?
FollowerofChrist1955
Heirio;
that's precisely what it means ... you'll even argue with the text book. After science has lied to you your whole short ife your still ready to believe them. Oh so NOW you weren't arguing with the definition ... right!

I like how you've just made strawmen.
You clearly don't understand evolution at all.

I gave you the TEXTBOOK definition and you still said it was wrong? Doin the moon walk now eh?