Alchestbreach
sonofathena

Evolution and "The Big Bang"

Alchestbreach

Pro

I believe there is a substantial amount of evidence pointing toward evolution (natural selection specifically) and "The Big Bang". I also do not believe in a god or multiple gods.
sonofathena

Con

I believe in God, the Bible and all the books inside of it. I believe the book of Genesis and the creation, and I am willing to debate my opinions regarding it. Regardless of my young age and lack of experience, I will do my best to be ultimately victorious. Bring it!
Alchestbreach

Pro

I would like to note what evolution and "The Big Bang" are before debating,

"The Big Bang"

"The Big Bang" is noted as an expansion of a singularity noted in five major stages

The first stage, is when the universe was condensed into a point much smaller than a period on your computer screen, all the electrons from the light are packed together and the universe becomes extremely hot due to radiation left from the energy of heat. The second is when "quarks" (particles that protons and neutrons are created from) pack together to form the atoms observed to have formed together to create matter itself. In the third stage the basic element in which all elements sprung about, Hydrogen and Helium, are showing the first signs by the atoms forming their respective nuclei. In the fourth, electrons float toward such nuclei and latch on due to the force of gravity, thus creating the first few atoms. Finally these masses come together to create protogalaxies and eventually planets, solar systems, and stars.

Evolution

Evolution, specifically Natural Selection was coined as scientific fact, but regardless I will still argue for it anyway. Natural Selection is the adaptation and mutation of genes which eventually create a new species that cannot interbreed, you may ask, "Well how are these genes passed on," and the answer to that question is that everyone, every animal whatever has something to set them off from their parents, this maybe supreme intellect, abnormal strength whatever. Anyways these genes are passed down to their child, and then to their child, and so on, and so forth. these changes allow overtime changes of different species, and eventually creating new ones.
sonofathena

Con

Ok... I guess I'll do the same with Creation, then:

At first, there was nothing...
Then God created the heavens and the earth and all biological beings in a span of 6 days.

But the question that I'm going to circumnavigate today is "Is the Bible really literally straight, or does 6 days mean something else?"
Alchestbreach

Pro

Alchestbreach forfeited this round.
sonofathena

Con

sonofathena forfeited this round.
Alchestbreach

Pro

Alchestbreach forfeited this round.
sonofathena

Con

sonofathena forfeited this round.
Alchestbreach

Pro

Alchestbreach forfeited this round.
sonofathena

Con

sonofathena forfeited this round.