polka-dots323
ComradeJon1

Evolution and the Big Bang are real.

Con Tied Pro

polka-dots323

Con

Tell me why you believe the above statement is correct. I have information and facts to prove the staement wrong.
ComradeJon1

Pro

well i dont know what to refute, considering you havnt displayed your argument yet, but i believe both of the above to be very real. I believe religion and science are not polar opposites. How can we explain the creation of scientific theory in any way but the fact that some all powerful source created it? I look forward to seeing your facts though
polka-dots323

Con

I also do believe that religion and science can go hand in hand. But I do not believe that The Big Bang occured. As for evolution, I do believe that species can change to be better adapted to their suroundings, but I do not believe that monkies and humans share the same ancestors. First of all about the Big Bang, exactly where did the atom explode and what created spaces? For evolution, why have creatures not "evolved" on the moon or the Sun to fit the conditoins there? When did life form? When cells just happened to build up???
ComradeJon1

Pro

1) if you believe that creatures can evolve to adapt, than you believe in evolution

2) the big bang pressumabley occured at the universes center.

3) Monkey and humans are remarkebly alike. They develop a similar body structure, a similar size, strength and primitive behavior. We are more evoloved in the intellectual sense and monkeys are more athletic. i dont know how this doesnt make sense to people?

4) i fail to see your so called "proof"
polka-dots323

Con

You failed to answer my questions, so I am guessing that you do not know or cannot explain them.

"2) the big bang pressumabley occured at the universes center"

And where is that? As you can see, this is just another example of the faults there are in the Big Bang Theory.

"3) Monkey and humans are remarkebly alike. They develop a similar body structure, a similar size, strength and primitive behavior. We are more evoloved in the intellectual sense and monkeys are more athletic. i dont know how this doesnt make sense to people?"

Take for example apples and oranges. They are very similar, but yet different. They did not "evolve" from an orapple...

"4) i fail to see your so called "proof""

My proof against the Big Bang was in my questions which you did not answer.
1. What created space??? Was space formed from the "exploding atom"???
2. For evolution, why have creatures not "evolved" on the moon or the Sun to fit the conditoins there?
3.When did life form? When cells just happened to build up???

This is my main proof that the Big Bang and Evolution did not occur. There are so many faults in the two theories.
ComradeJon1

Pro

I see one question i failed to answer. my appologies, i didnt see it the first time around.

I dont exactly have a map for you, but i can tell you that based upon scientific theory, for something to exist in space in any organized manner, it must orbit around something. presumebly , there is one object (perhaps a star or plant) forged from the big bang, that everything else revolves around. Just because man doenst posses the technology to go that far from earth doesnt mean that science behind the theory is incorrect.

1) apples and oranges are different because one is a citrus based fruit and the other does not. If youd like examples of natural objects that are similar and evolved from a similar ancestor, look to limes and lemons, reptiles and birds, dogs and sea mammals and of course, monkey and man.

Asking questions is not proof, its logical analysis

-space is a vaccum, not an object. no, but the big band star possibly was, we see that when the molecular structure of atoms are comprimised (i.e. the atom bomb) catastrophic event are possible. Perhaps it was just this on a grander scale. Im not claiming to have all the answers, but i do believe evidence supports a big bang over any other suggestions.

-this is the one i didnt catch the first time. for a creature to evolve, it needs to exist first. I believe that life may have sprung out based on the will of our creater, who ever it may be, but i believe the diversity of life is based on evolution. If you could sustain a habbitat on the moon or sun long enough for a creature to live, i guarentee it will evolve to survive (if you were to somehow fast forward a few million years)

Hell if i know, that wasnt your quesiton to this debate. Im sure there is science to speculate an answer to that question though.

In summation, thank you for your time and for the debate. I wish you luck in the voting
Posted by ComradeJon1 9 years ago
ComradeJon1
You may call me comrade if you so please. I called him on the fact that his questions were by no means proof, but rather trying to esptablish logic. Now i agree, the question didnt pass as logical, but all i did was give him a response. That response, whether you would have it differently or not, was appropriate. And i dont think calling someone on being a idiot (which i dont think asking questions constitutes) is any better than the illogical question in the first place. Instead, i did what a good debater is supposed to do: point of the error and rebut with logic.
Posted by eyeleapy 9 years ago
eyeleapy
I think they have Logical explanations, people refer to the bible for every thing. Not all the answers are in there. The other day, i was looking for the simplest answer ever, ever! what's 2+2? and it didn't have it, anywhere! Que pasa con eso? Go evolution! Woo! All religions create war, screw that, instead of looking for peaceful answers they want to kill for it. They should be like Scientist. As a matter of fact, I'm going to capitalize Science and not god. I'll put it again, god vs Science! :)
Posted by MoonDragon613 9 years ago
MoonDragon613
Comrade, (mind if i call you comrade?), the point Tatarize was trying to make was that polkadot was an idiot and you should have called him on it. His arguments weren't disputing the validity of evolution, his arguments were disputing his understanding of evolution. Which in and of itself made this a painful debate to watch and more so because of your failure to make polka-dot realize his complete lack of knowledge on the subject.
Posted by ComradeJon1 9 years ago
ComradeJon1
im pretty sure saying "wow, im gonna go slit my wrists and ram a screwdriver in the back of my head" isnt a cogent response and it was a valid, but misguided question. There was nothing wrong with my answer.
Posted by MoonDragon613 9 years ago
MoonDragon613
So very true. I feel your pain.
Posted by Tatarize 9 years ago
Tatarize
This is like the blind leading the blind... down a hill... into a ditch... slitting their wrists... praying not to die... smearing honey on their bodies... jumping in an ant hill... setting themselves on fire... casting a spell for their own demise... then stabbing themselves in the head with a screwdriver and asking.... "Why doesn't stuff evolve on the moon?"

This debate made me sad. I don't know who I disliked more. Polka for being *UGH*, or Comrade for not being able to articulate a cogent reply.
Posted by GaryBacon 9 years ago
GaryBacon
Evolution is real. The Big Bang is not.
Posted by VenomousNinja 9 years ago
VenomousNinja
I have a small tip for both of you: Use the spell check function. It's there for a reason.
Posted by MoonDragon613 9 years ago
MoonDragon613
Read "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. As far as I can tell neither of you are qualified to either question the existence of the Big Bang or to answer questions about it. The physics of the universe is amazingly complicated and so to be honest, don't debate the creation of the universe without looking it up yourself first.

As to evolution, anyone who questions why we don't evolve to the moon again just displays a shocking ignorance about the concept. Evolution is not planned. And it functions, for the most part, as a matter of luck and necessity. For even sentience to exist is either tremendous luck or the stirring of a divine omnipotent entity. We did not evolve to the moon because 1. nothing was lucky enough to evolve the ability to defy gravity and breathe vacuum, and 2. there was no environmental pressure that would have rewarded such a trait.

I'm not qualified to discuss the big bang theory, but I am more than willing to explain what evolution is and how it took place.
Posted by polka-dots323 9 years ago
polka-dots323
thanks for the debate. :)
Vote Placed by Kleptin 9 years ago
Kleptin
polka-dots323ComradeJon1Tied
Vote Placed by clemsongirl5353 9 years ago
clemsongirl5353
polka-dots323ComradeJon1Tied
Vote Placed by big_chief90 9 years ago
big_chief90
polka-dots323ComradeJon1Tied
Vote Placed by Derek.Gunn 9 years ago
Derek.Gunn
polka-dots323ComradeJon1Tied
Vote Placed by mocha 9 years ago
mocha
polka-dots323ComradeJon1Tied
Vote Placed by sunderla 9 years ago
sunderla
polka-dots323ComradeJon1Tied
Vote Placed by Randomknowledge 9 years ago
Randomknowledge
polka-dots323ComradeJon1Tied
Vote Placed by eyeleapy 9 years ago
eyeleapy
polka-dots323ComradeJon1Tied
Vote Placed by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
polka-dots323ComradeJon1Tied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 9 years ago
Tatarize
polka-dots323ComradeJon1Tied