Evolution created morals

Sorry I could not accept the challenge to you're debate but my opening statement is that evolution is a genetic process and morality is a concept created by people instead of genes it is possible that evolution might have support in this but very little since people still commonly go against these morals.

I would like to build upon and refine the definitions you provided. Additionally, I would like to specify that when I argue about "morals" I am referring to the sense of morality as defined below.

Evolution - The descent of different species from a common ancestor over many generations. [1]

Morality - a code of conduct that, given specified conditions, would be put forward by all rational persons [2]

Sense of Morality - The feelings we have about the morality of our actions

I await your argument.

Well if there was a sense of morality is what you refer to when somebody is murdered most shake it off but thos cases were people are horrified to the bones about the subject usually comes from past experiences like if you were in battle and developed PTSD it would severely change how you feel about morals and war and can lead to you having Different outakes on what humans are we do not know morality by ourselves army soldiers are trained to see people differently so that it would make it easier for them to cope but it can be hard getting used to life in our utopia we live in nowadays.

As well you say if it is passed down genetically does that mean if you're father and mother hate gore in movies does that mean you would. Also morality itself is also evolving at a rapid pace because of the Information Age and it is also more basic today as the Information age made it so and also the Geneva conventions and the U.n

I do not argue that that feeling comes from evolution but how it's initiated is what I am talking about if that is what you were debatong then I will happily oblige and debate with you.

My opponent misunderstands what evolution implies. Variations within a species always occur, and do not demonstrate that a certain trait is not hereditary. The important information regarding heredity is not minor variations within a species, but common features shared by the majority of the population. While many humans have differing feelings on certain issues, most humans generally share much in common in terms of their beliefs about whether it is good to kill, lie, steal, etc.

With that said, here are my arguments.

Point One: Evidence of cooperative behavior as natural to the human mindset is found in early humans.[1]

Point Two: Evidence of cooperative behavior as natural to the brain is found in human's evolutionary ancestors.[2]

Point Three: Cooperative behavior inevitably leads to the development of moral faculties.[3]

Conclusion: Our sense of morality has evolutionary origins.

I can provide specific quotations if necessary, but they are found in the books listed below.

[1]Fukuyama, Francis, and Francis Fukuyama. "The State of Nature." The Origins of Political Order: From Prehuman times to the French Revolution. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2011. 29,30. Print.

[2]Waal, F. B. M. De, and Stephen Macedo. "Introduction." Primates and Philosophers: How Morality Evolved. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton UP, 2006. Xii,xiii. Print.

[3]Fisher, Len. "Let's Get Together." Rock, Paper, Scissors: Game Theory in Everyday Life. 124. Print.

BasicallyWTF forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited. I extend all arguments and conduct should be awarded to me.
Posted by Surrealism 1 year ago
Typically the character limit I use is 8000. If you aren't afraid that your opponent has a better argument, you have no reason to limit their capacity to make one.
Posted by BasicallyWTF 1 year ago
I put it as about 4000 you could easily make a well constructed arguement in that also evolution is the process were the defendants of organisms are naturally selected to be better suited to that environment over time this could lead to vast differences
Posted by Surrealism 1 year ago
I would have posted a longer argument, but he set the character limit very low.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture