SolaceRoche
superbowl9

Evolution disproves creationism

superbowl9

SolaceRoche

Pro

Layout of the debate:

Round 1: Intro paragraph, introduce yourself and your position and give a brief opening statement onto why you have chosen your side

Round 2: Introduce your points, use EVIDENCE to support your claim.

Round 3-4: Rebuttals and counter Rebuttals

Round 5: Concluding statement

Very simple layout.

Evolution itself is accepted by more than 90% of the scientific community. Not only does it make sense and can explain the similarities between different types of animals, but out of the two, evolution has countless amounts of scientific evidence to support it.

Thank you in advance for my opponent accepting.
superbowl9

Con

Hey, I'm superbowl9, an atheist who fully supports the theory of evolution.

However, the theory of evolution makes no claims on the existence of a god or creationism; it is a separate matter.

I'd like for my opponent to show just how evolution disproves creation in this debate.
SolaceRoche

Pro

Tie this debate

Apologies for the poor title of the debate, I was not initially thinking at the time when I thought of the title.
superbowl9

Con

I have agreed with my opponent to tie this debate.
SolaceRoche

Pro

SolaceRoche forfeited this round.
superbowl9

Con

If my opponent cannot even take the time to write "tie this", I ask you deduct conduct point from him.
SolaceRoche

Pro

SolaceRoche forfeited this round.
superbowl9

Con

I was originally going to to cut Pro a break and tie this, but considering that he can't even take the time to write "tie this", I call the voters back. Pro has admitted that this resolution makes no sense. Clear vote.
Posted by superbowl9 3 years ago
superbowl9
Did you read the evidence?

I'm not going to restate all the claims made here, and all this was found through one google.

You can go see for yourself all the evidence out there; claiming there is none is a lie. You can choose not to accept this evidence, but just know that the majority of people do.
Posted by crushboy79 3 years ago
crushboy79
This proves evolution in what way? I see a lot of faulty evidence.
Posted by crushboy79 3 years ago
crushboy79
Give me one shred of evidence for evolution.
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
Btw, not all appeal of authority is a fallacy. I just wanted to mention that lol.
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
He could prove it in the sense that if they contradict each other, they are mutually exclusive.But as Con says, they are not. One think is being falsifiable and other is being false.

And yes, there is evidence for evolution.
Posted by crushboy79 3 years ago
crushboy79
And besides, there is no evidence for evolution.
Posted by crushboy79 3 years ago
crushboy79
You can't prove if evolution disproves creation or vice versa, so why try? And this argument IS talking about if evolution is true because if it wasn't it couldn't disprove creation.
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
I don't think he tried to prove evolution with those statistics. Evolution is supported by the evidence, tho.
And don't think this debate is about if evolution is true or not, but if it disproves creationism. I would also be Con in this one, I just don't see how.

I think Pro is going to talk about specific religions, but that's not enough.
Posted by crushboy79 3 years ago
crushboy79
What the heck. "Evolution is accepted by 90% of the scientific community" who cares what 90% think. Maybe the are all wrong that's an appeal to authority and majority, both logical fallacies. And also, their is no evidence whatsoever that proves evolution. My view is creationist and I believe in the almighty Lord Jesus. Give me one simple shred of proof that proves evolution. Crushboy 79
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
SolaceRochesuperbowl9Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.