Apperax
Jacob_Thomas

Evolution disproves that we where made as is by God.

Apperax

Pro

Now I may just be a freshman in high school, but I'm starting to see more and more flaws about the Bible. For starts, when God created humans, the Bible fails to give important information such as race, hair color, eye color, etc. If there were just two human beings somewhere on the planet, how did that become about 6 billion in less than 10,000 years? Lets says just for an experiment that Adam and Eve had six children, three male and three female. The gene pool is already dangerously low and having siblings mate could more than triple the chance of a dis-formation, and by the time they get to the 10th generation, you could have a new species all together. Even now if two COUSINS mate, more than not the offspring will be mutated somehow. I rest my argument for whoever my opponent may be. Good luck.
Jacob_Thomas

Con

Before we begin, we will define Evolution, from Webster"s Dictionary, as "the theory that all species " developed from earlier forms by hereditary transmission of slight variations in successive generations."

I would like to request also that Pro define what he means by "as is."

We will now examine 2 evidences against evolution.
The fossil record. This was recognized by Darwin himself to be the biggest flaw with his theory. That was 140 years ago. Now the problem is worse. Dr. Raup wrote in 1979, "we have even fewer examples of evolutionary transition than we had in Darwin"s time."

According to the record, evolution never happened!

The Cambrian Explosion. In the early 1900s, Charles Walcott discovered thousands of fossils of very complex life in a layer of Cambrian rock (supposed to contain very simple life-forms). In fact, he found representatives from every major animal phylum in our classification scheme!

Here, over a period of only 70 million years (a time far too short for evolution to work), we see "evolution" from the simplest phyla to the most complex phyla. For this huge amount of evolution that supposedly took place, there isn"t the slightest evidence. In fact, these fossils appear suddenly, just as if they were simply made by God.

Now let"s look at the arguments brought up by Pro.

Population: Remember that Adam lived 10 times longer than men today. Proportionately then, the female period of fecundity would be about 350 years. At a rate of only 1 child every 7 years, this would result in 50 children. This easily answers the problem of population

Deformities: Today, if there were a union between siblings that produced offspring, children would inherit one set of genes from each of their parents. The genes probably have similar mistakes, thus, the mistakes pair together and result in deformities in the children. But, since Adam and Eve were created perfect this problem wouldn"t exist.
We see that evolution does not disprove that God made man as man.
Apperax

Pro

Apperax forfeited this round.
Jacob_Thomas

Con

I would like to reaffirm my arguments that were made in the last round and remind Pro that in debate, omission is equal to admission. I would be very grateful if Pro would respond to my arguments made in the last round.
Apperax

Pro

Apperax forfeited this round.
Jacob_Thomas

Con

Jacob_Thomas forfeited this round.