400spartans
Shauna13

Evolution is almost certainly true

400spartans

400spartans

Pro

I think evolution has so much evidence, it's almost certainly true. My opponent, after accepting the debate, will put his reason why my statement is false. BOP is shared.
Shauna13

Con

So let me get 1 thing straight you believe that out of the blue things just evolved into something great like what we see these days??
400spartans

Pro

First of all, evolution is backed up by many discoveries and scientific papers. Here are two discoveries backing evolution:

1. Fossil Record

The fossil record includes numerous fossils showing evolution. From tiktaalik to Australopithecus garhi, it is clear that evolution is a fact.

2. Pseudogenes

Pseudogenes are like normal DNA code except that they are deactivated from a mutation. It is much like a spelling error in a book or a misplaced island on a map. If two species have the same pseudogene, it is very strong evidence for common descent, one of the key factors for evolution.
Shauna13

Con

Yes I agree with that but where did it all start just magically the fossil came from the sky and the world was here already but how?
Where and how did we all end up here with everything that we see?
The fact is that God created the earth and many other things like monkeys which we didn't come from but he created us and scientist took fossil and experimented with it and then when they combine one matter's D.N.A to another matter of course it will not remain the same you will get something different from what you had in the beginning.
400spartans

Pro

You're argument has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution isn't concerned with how life got here! Evolution is only about how life has evolved from single-celled organisms to all plants and animals living today.

If you didn't understand my previous three sentences, here are two links that explain it:

http://atheism.about.com...
http://rationalwiki.org...
Shauna13

Con

Shauna13 forfeited this round.
400spartans

Pro

I have nothing to say, as Con has forfeited the previous round.
Shauna13

Con

Shauna13 forfeited this round.
400spartans

Pro

Can my opponents stop forfeiting? It's getting on my nerves!
Shauna13

Con

Shauna13 forfeited this round.
Posted by Masato 2 years ago
Masato
It depends on what you mean by evolution.
You need to define "evolution" to make this debate meaningful.
If you mean by it Neo-Darwinism, it is a false theory according to a British biologist Denis Noble. https://www.youtube.com...
Posted by Greener49 2 years ago
Greener49
It depends, evolution from what animal. Say you said we evolved from monkey's that would be wrong because scientist have found we are just closely related to them and we did not evolve from them.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
selection isn't natural
Posted by chewster911 2 years ago
chewster911
I guess not...
Posted by chewster911 2 years ago
chewster911
I hope you get a decent opponent, and i also hope this will be an interesting debate!
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
400spartansShauna13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm sure how the BoP is shared, but it was agreed to, nonetheless. "You're argument has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution isn't concerned with how life got here!" - Nailed Con's counter-argument, and thus wins arguments. Pro, you would do better in quoting and explaining your sources, rather than simply stating them. Still, they're more reliable than no sources. Conduct to Pro for Con's round forfeits.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
400spartansShauna13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture