twaight
T5seconds

Evolution is better than Creation

twaight

Pro

First round is acceptance
T5seconds

Con

I really am not a creationist. I personally think creationism is a stupid stupid stupid topic. Yet I do enjoy a good fight. I hope you'll give me one. I urge the commenter again, to vote fairly about who you thought one the debate, and not on what you agree with. This is a battle, and just because you agree with someone doesn't mean they didn't lose the battle.

I look forward to the debate, and presume you are taking the Burden of Evidence.
twaight

Pro

twaight forfeited this round.
T5seconds

Con

Creationism has been shown to be plausible, albeit with a non-literal interpretation of the bible. A popular theory among creationists is the idea that "Time has no relativity to god", meaning that a single day could be many many years.

"Isaiah says that God "inhabits eternity" (Isaiah 57:15), so time to God takes on different dimensions. He can function outside of time if He so desires. These verses, however, give us a rough guide that a thousand years equal one day in God's prophetic revelation to man." - Richard T. Ritenbaugh (http://www.bibletools.org...)

Using this could explain the discrepancy in the fact that the earth is thousands of years old and the bible gives a relatively weak explanation for this.
twaight

Pro

twaight forfeited this round.
T5seconds

Con

Well that was boring.