Evolution is myth

Anyone who wants to debate scientifically, spiritually, and philosophically, step right up! JFS will be arguing with this quote taken from Edward Gibbon in mind:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people whose opinions I have no respect."

Whoever accepts this, please agree to disagree in respect, thank you!

Intro - We will begin by laying our contentions and agenda so we don't get carried away. My position as Pro will be to provide evidence for Young Earth Creationism and dispute (Old Earth and atheistic) Evolution as much as time and space allows (no pun intended). We will try NOT to get too deeply into the topic of abiogenesis, but the subject usually sneaks up on us somehow, darnit!

4th Round - We will end with an honest conclusion, and if Con chooses he MAY post arguments.

Forfeits - Automatic loss for whichever contender forfeits.

I'm 12, I don't know anything about this.

JasperFrancisShickadance forfeited this round.

Mattyyy forfeited this round.

Thank you for your intro LOL! I respect your opinions/position, though none have been laid down for us yet.

I'm 13, I have some experience.

Let's get started. First I must clear any confusion by presenting the definition of 'myth.'

Pro's Agenda:

-Evidence for a Young Earth (1)
-Evidence for the Bible's creation story of humanity (2)
-Evidence against Darwin's Theory (3)
-Reasons and Presentable Evidence that the Thought of Evolution is faulty (4)

1. "Evolutionism" is not particularly the hypotheses of deep time and the 4.5 Billion year age of the earth, but the version my opponent is debating for involves definitely that. Because there are theistic evolutionists I will also be arguing that it is a contradiction to believe in the Christian God AND evolution. I'd just like to throw out there how it is very likely that the old earth hypotheses first started as an excuse for there being no Creator, since atheists would agree it is very improbable for a "big bang" to occur just thousands of years ago. This is where the proposal of Con's abiogenesis belief came from which then developed into the idea that the earth came into existence billions of years in the unknown past. The Burden of Proof is on Con to explain reliable, scientific evidence saying that this earth is that old. He must next rebut my proof for a young earth.

I will quote a few important paragraphs from this source:

"Since devices for measuring the Earth's magnetic field were invented a few hundred years ago, measurements have shown that the Earth's magnetic field has been steadily decreasing over those few hundred years. It is claimed that these measurements indicate that the Earth's magnetic field has been steadily losing energy ever since it formed. By extrapolating the decay backwards in time, it is then claimed that an age greater than 10,000 years is impossible. However, it is easily shown that such a simple extrapolation is not justified. Scientific instruments are not the only mechanisms that have ever existed for measuring the Earth's magnetic field. Ovens used by ancient civilizations and the igneous rocks making up the ocean floor are two of the more obvious examples. Both record the direction and strength of the magnetic field as it was at the time they were last heated, and both prove conclusively that the hypothetical exponential decay of Earth's magnetic field has not occurred (according to the young-Earth theories, the magnetic field was many times greater only a few thousand years ago, a hypothesis that is clearly at odds with the above-mentioned evidence). Instead, the evidence shows that the magnetic field has fluctuated back and forth in strength as well as direction. These fluctuations are clearly observed in places where the stratigraphy (i.e. which rocks are older than which rocks) is obvious due to either layering or distance from a sea-floor spreading ridge."

"...It is claimed that tidal interactions between the Earth and the Moon are causing the Moon to move away from the Earth, and the Earth to rotate more slowly. This much is true, and in fact paleontological studies of ancient corals and stromatolites has confirmed that the Earth did rotate faster in the past, resulting in more than 365 days in a year. It is also true that such a faster rotation would have caused a much greater equatorial bulge in the past than currently exists. The fallacy is the assumption that such a bulge would have remained for us to observe today. The Earth's mantle, made up of rock subjected to high temperatures and pressures, acts like a fluid over long time periods -- it does not hold its shape over billions of years. The current equatorial bulge is very close to what you would expect to be produced by the current rotation rate, although it is slightly larger because the Earth has not completely relaxed from previous times when it rotated faster."

2. According to YEC (and the Bible), God created human kind smart and distinguished in detail with all the common features we all have today. I will present evidence for the fact that humans have always been smart since the beginning of their creation--at least, that they have not evolved from "dumb brutes" (apes) even from the beginning of creation. This video shows that civilization and humanity's talents actually could've been articulately and impressively designed in caves, underground, thousands of years in the past. There are many other cases of humans inventing and expressing their smart arts from a long time ago.

The Bible states that man kind is made in the image of God. See this site: It has been proven because of the philosophy, science, and historical evidence throughout time. (The Creator of all life in the first place is a Trinity: God the Father, Jesus the Son of God who walked on earth as human, and the Holy Spirit who can live in us if we choose.)

3. 9 Scientific Facts that prove the "Theory of Evolution wrong" Note that I am not plagiarizing. Examine evidence against Darwin's theory on these sites:

4. One of my favorite links is this: If you--or anyone--can refute anything it says, I'll be impressed.

This concludes my agenda for Round 3 though the first round of arguments was forfeited by both debaters.

Mattyyy forfeited this round.

I believe Matyy is no longer part of this site. Commondebater, wanna debate?

Vote me

*P.S. If you were one of those to read my arguments, I apologize for the inconvenience. To make up for it, here is an entertaining video:

You're welcome!

Mattyyy forfeited this round.
Posted by JasperFrancisShickadance 1 year ago
@CT: Thanks for the advice. I notice that too but I can imagine that anyone debating me would catch on eventually--sadly Mattyy forfeited--but next debate I do on this topic I will take heed to your comments! Lol that's funny. I'm not sure I've ever found anyone on this site who agrees with me on every debate I've ever done!! :)
Posted by ColeTrain 1 year ago
@JasperFrancisShickadance I would be careful with your resolution. You blatantly state that "Evolution" is a myth. You might want to clarify that you mean the evolutionary beginning of Earth and human race rather than the common term evolution. Evolution does exist, but it was not the cause of the human race nor does it occur on such a large scale. You seem like a good debater, I'd be interested in debating you at some point. However, based on every debate I've seen from you, I have the same opinion. :P
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
I am actually willing to debate with you on this. However, give me some time as I have to do some intense research
a widely held but false belief or idea
Posted by Beagle_hugs 1 year ago
Define "myth."

I have no respect for your position.