cburrow01
Impact94

Evolution is the best answer we have right now.

cburrow01

Pro

I'll be arguing for evolution as the best answer. First round is acceptance, the other rounds are for arguments. Use sources if you can.
Impact94

Con

I will define science as "The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena." (wordnik)

I must say that I totally respect pros position but I must intervene, you see, there are more theories of the beginning of the world than just evolution. Intelligent design is another one of them and should be given some credence. You see it would be impossible for many things to exist without intelligent design. The bible, a historical text, provides proof of this. Ken Ham, a revered scientist, provides many other proofs of this as well. Therefore I must convey, however, to explain that I could not possibly in good conscience say that evolution is the only reasonable theory. I must say it is quite unreasonable. I must also say intelligent design is unreasonable. Aliens. That is what formed this earth and the life upon it. Ancient aliens. Martians specifically.

You see, according to science practitioner Jordan Pierce there is another theory. Jordan Pierce, for those who do not know, is an extremely well known and admired practitioner of science. He is very well versed in quantum theories and whatnot and it was only recently that he discovered something. He has discovered an explanation for earth's beginnings "that was recorded across many ancient tablets and artifacts throughout time, which have only recently been uncovered."[1]
Jordan Pierce even has his own website which I have linked below. Jordan Pierce's human history movie accounts for everything that exists, unlike the less-than-reasonable evolution theory. Clearly the martians, atlanteans, and the jewish peoples are the cause of all things as they are today.

[1] - http://thespiritscience.net...

cburrow01

Pro

I'm assuming that the video you linked is the creation story you believe and you just didn't want to write it out (understandably).

Now, my thoughts. The video gave no resources and had no evidence for their claims. They claimed things like: Humans were once inter dimensional. Inter dimensional? How does that work, they didn't bother to explain. How does a strictly 3d creature travel into high dimensions? As far as some claims in the video about the pyramids:
1)We do have theories that explain the pyramids, the records of them being built.
2)50 men pulling 2.5tons is 100lbs each, that's reasonable.
3)They didn't just drag them on the ground, we aren't 100% sure but some ancient Egyptian drawings show logs being rolled under the stones so they can be rolled across the desert.
4)They got them up there with ramps.
5)The pyramids weren't built from top to bottom, where is the proof that contradicts that.
6)Where is a: the lost city underneath them b:the "garage" underneath them c:The room with the top of the pyramid

I could go through the rest of the video but it will probably take more than 10,000 characters so I'll let you respond.

Spirit "science" constantly pulls things out of existence when they think it (pun intended). If you can backup even one of their claims I would be amazed.

Now to address evolution:

1)Micro-evolution has been observed. http://evolution.berkeley.edu...
2)The fossil records creates an evolutionary "calendar" that displays the gradually changes from species to another. http://evolution.berkeley.edu...
3)Homologies between completely separate species. http://evolution.berkeley.edu...

The cite I've linked three times now shows many other proofs of evolution. Evolution shows the origins of all species while your story only explains human history, that's not what I'm asking about, not only is it only about humans it isn't about evolution at all. It doesn't even discuss how humans came into existence.
Impact94

Con

Impact94 forfeited this round.
cburrow01

Pro

cburrow01 forfeited this round.
Impact94

Con

Impact94 forfeited this round.
cburrow01

Pro

cburrow01 forfeited this round.
Impact94

Con

Impact94 forfeited this round.
Posted by Impact94 9 months ago
Impact94
@ViceRegent just you wait, I am absolutely 100% proving spirit science's creation theory right now, right here, on debate.org

https://imgur.com...
Posted by cburrow01 9 months ago
cburrow01
@ViceRegent Yay! I have a stalker now.
Posted by ViceRegent 9 months ago
ViceRegent
So says the man with no training in science and who admitted to knowing nothing.