iaminneedofhelp
lanscaper11234

Evolution is the truth - Religion is not

iaminneedofhelp

iaminneedofhelp

Pro

Hi,
I am going to argue that evolution is correct. I understand that many people in America and other very religious countries do not believe in evolution and have chosen to believe Genesis. I live in the hometown of Darwin and believe that he is the worlds best scientist and his findings are 100% accurate. If anybody wants to rebuke that statement please go ahead and let the debate commence!
Thanks,
- iaminneedofhelp
lanscaper11234

Con

Though there is a hard proof of Evolution, you cant possibly think that Religion is not true. In technicality, and for my ease, I'd use the example of Catholicism. There are many historical proof that the events that happened in the Bible was true. I don't really wanna look like a hard-core catholic , all I want to argue is this : Religion is real. Religion provided culture to the world, it also inspired law. But most importantly, religion is a huge influence in modern societies's moral framework. You stated that Evolution is real, yes I agree, but you did not state the nature of your statement. What i mean by that is that, there can be many outlets of the topic. Religion is not true. But in what format? Do you not believe the miracles that are stated in the Bible? Are you against Creationism? Or are you just against religion in general? If you are argument is based on the latter, then i'm sorry, but you are flawed ( in my opinion ). Because there are proof that Jesus Christ did exist, the Saints, Martyrs , they exist, their remains are scattered all over the world. argument stated
iaminneedofhelp

Pro

Ok to start.
I believe that, although there's hard proof that Jesus and the Saints existed, it does not mean that they had any link to God. I believe that Evolution is the most accurate thing proposed. I do not doubt that Religion is in our modern day society and interlinked with every aspect of our world - politics, science etc. - but that was not my point. I said that religion is not correct and truthful. And no I am not 'just against religion'. I just believe that a huge aspect of the Bible and religion is not correct and truthful. We PROVED that creationism in Genesis is false and UNTRUTHFUL so why should we believe something that has parts of it to proved wrong. Would you listen to the President of the USA if in part of his speech he said that he would sponsor NASA to get to Jupiter in the next year. No you wouldn't so then you should start questioning the legitimacy of the rest of his speech. Rebuttal stated.
lanscaper11234

Con

i clearly see your point. You stated that Genesis never happened and creation is false. To rebut , i want to state , why arrive to the conclusion that most of what the Bible stated is false? You clearly believe in Evolution and I believe in creationism. Well why should these two beliefs cannot go hand in hand? And yes, I am borrowing context from a commentator but it is a fair point because you just arrive at a conclusion that creationism is false.
iaminneedofhelp

Pro

Please can you explain to me how creationism be true?
Take my points from another debate:
- We derived from LUCA (last universal common ancestor) and have evolved since then.
- We have evolved from Neanderthals which had limited vocal capacity and we've evolved so we can now speak.
- We have disproved the theory of Adam and Eve being able to speak with this.
- Creationism is flawed as a whole. How can it go hand to hand with evolution when it clearly states that Adam & Eve and the world being made by God in 7 days. The PROOF of evolution just totally undermines the whole theory of creationism. They are total opposites.
Definition to support this:
creationism
noun
1. the belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution.
lanscaper11234

Con

I can easily drive this to another topic but ey, what the heck.

Im going on a limb here by stating something that can be either good or bad. Faith. People believe in creationism because of faith. something that can anchor them and give them hope. Faith is intangible and proof-less , yes but, you cannot argue that faith is wrong. Faith is that one last pillar in which creationism stand on.
iaminneedofhelp

Pro

Ok.
Faith is not religion. I have faith in atheism and evolution and believe in them. That is not what we are debating here today. You say that creationism is driven by faith, yet evolution is driven by fact. We have SCIENTIFICALLY proven that evolution has occurred yet some people do not accept to believe it. Creationism is, even by you, stated to be help up by faith. Evolution is held up by fact.
lanscaper11234

Con

lanscaper11234 forfeited this round.
iaminneedofhelp

Pro

My point stands.
Also Installgentoo, we 'atheshits' have more ground to stand on than you guys.
And the funny thing is if we slandered you religious people, I'd get in all types of trouble.
And you obviously have a very limited intellect calling us 'atheshits; if you believe in your points so much, then we can debate it...
lanscaper11234

Con

lanscaper11234 forfeited this round.
Posted by Installgentoo 2 years ago
Installgentoo
I can't believe atheshits are actually stupid enough to believe evolution disproves religion.
Posted by oculus_de_logica 2 years ago
oculus_de_logica
you do realize that the resolution is flawed, right?

Religion and evolution are not mutually exclusive events, so if one is true there is no reason for the other to be false. that's a rather big loop hole that Con can use to his advantage.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Geogeer
iaminneedofhelplanscaper11234Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited the debate. Pro wins.