CloudApex
46T.OP

Evolution is valid.

CloudApex

CloudApex

Pro

First round is for acceptance.
CloudApex

Pro

Before I present my arguments to support the proposition I'd like to clarify the semantics of the debate.

Definitions provided by the Oxford Dictionary:

evolution: The process by which different kinds of living organism are believed to have developed from earlier forms during the history of the earth. [1]

valid: having a sound basis in logic or fact; reasonable or cogent [2]

Based on these definitions, as long as I provide a sound and logical argument for evolution throughout the course of human history, then Con cannot win without refuting logistical errors within my explanation.

I'd like to begin by making 4 arguments. Con will refute in round 2 and present his own arguments.

Argument 1:

Darwin documented traces of evolution based on solid empirical evidence that he collected while on the HMS Beagle to the Galapagos Islands. He noted that the characteristics of birds found on one island of the island chain differed slightly from the characteristics found on the birds of the other islands. He inferred that the reason for this was that the birds were raised in different environments and that over an extended duration of time were able to adapt to their designated environments by developing key anatomical features that allowed them to survive and reproduce effectively. His findings are now widely accepted by modern scientists and evolutionists and are only disputed by theologians or other scientifically unsubstantiated religions. [3]

Please note that the proposition states that as long as I provide a logically sound defense for evolution, I serve my purpose for the debate.

Argument 2:

There is evidence for past human-like ancestors before the Homo Sapien. There are cave paintings and visible inscriptions that our past ancestors have left behind. There are detailed depictions of past human life, human anatomy and human cultural and historical practices. These can be found in manuscripts and early stone tablets that have been left behind when our past ancestors (the unfortunate ones) became extinct and were replaced by the better-assimilated cross-breed of our ancestors. Con must disprove this or else it will be accepted that we were always Homo Sapiens, in a physical aspect.

Argument 3:

If evolution is not valid, than explain Darwin's findings?

Argument 4:

If Darwinism and Evolution is not valid, then find an alternative.

Citations:

[1] http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
[2] http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
[3] http://anthro.palomar.edu...
46T.OP

Con

46T.OP forfeited this round.
CloudApex

Pro

I extend and I eagerly await my opponent's response. I do not wish to give myself an extra round over my opponent so I will end here.
46T.OP

Con

46T.OP forfeited this round.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Boggles my mind how people can accept such a ridiculous conjecture and call it factual.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
yes, Darwin did a fine job of explaining how chemicals in a mud puddle happend to be at just the right temperature in just the right environment so that when it got hit with just the right amount of juice from a lighting bolt, it turned into DNA strands with self-replicating powers and they mutated into tadpoles which mutated into ever other kind of plant, fungus, or animal and monkeys turned into apes and one of them was your great great great great grandaddy and I'm a monkey's uncle. Darwin really proved all of this really happened so it's proven beyond question and you know it it true so you don't have to believe it, you just know it all happened just like that?
Posted by CloudApex 2 years ago
CloudApex
I must interject - and yet it is the widely accepted 'theory' for the coming of age of all multi-cellular organisms. It is logically sound and viable - there exist flaws, but few. There are not many alternatives that rival with Darwin's Theory of Evolution since it is all encompassing and does a fine job in explaining how we have developed different characteristics that scale with atmospherical factors.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Darwin invented a religious belief system of hypothesis and somehow pursuaded people to accept it as fact when it's all nothing but conjecture and beliefs...........silly beliefs.
Posted by kaidou116 2 years ago
kaidou116
Argument 1:

------------------
You have just provided an example of micro-evolution, rather than macro-evolution.
------------------
Argument 3:

-----------------
Back in those days, they didn't have the appropriate technology to prove his hypotheses, and so it would seem he was grasping at straws to explain things without including intelligent design. Darwin thought that single-cell organisms were simple, yet today we have technology that proves they are complex.
----------------
Argument 4:

----------------
The belief in intelligent design is an alternative. Based on the complexity of the universe, cells, and everything, I have no reason to believe otherwise. However, there are other alternatives.
Vote Placed by ANONYMOUS2282 2 years ago
ANONYMOUS2282
CloudApex46T.OPTied
Reasons for voting decision: idk idc
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
CloudApex46T.OPTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Themba 2 years ago
Themba
CloudApex46T.OPTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct-Forfeit.
Vote Placed by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
CloudApex46T.OPTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff