Evolution taught to Christian Schools

Evolution is scientific fact that's taught in all public schools. Christian schools deserve the same factual education public schools teach. The fact they don't teach it is denial of facts and evidence itself and we shouldn't have the next American generation denying facts because of their personal beliefs

Hello. I look forward for a great debate.

"Evolution is scientific fact that's taught in all public schools."
Drop. Irrelevant.

"Christian schools deserve the same factual education public schools teach."
PRO, what makes you think that Christians will care about evolution? They believe in Christ, not evolution.

he fact they don't teach it is denial of facts and evidence itself and we shouldn't have the next American generation denying facts because of their personal beliefs."
I must admit, this is really quite arrogant, especially to a Christian. Do you think that they will want to be forced to learn the "facts" that go against their beliefs? Also, you are suggesting that we teach the "facts" and evolution in Christian schools. What is the point of Christian schools if their beliefs are just going to be changed (which is genocide)? They could just go to public schools along with everybody else.

Anyway, it seems to me that PRO is suggesting that we convince Christians that evolution is real and God is fake. That is taking away our right to believe in and practice any religion we want. That is taking away their freedom. In fact, that is genocide. This is contingent on whether or not everybody in Christian schools believes in evolution after being taught about it, which is unlikely because they likely have Christian parents that will make them believe.

I want to ask PRO a question: how does people being Christian affect you in your everyday life? Or any religion for that matter? Does it affect you at all?

Christians do not want to learn about evolution, because they believe in Christ and not in Darwin's theory. Would you like to be forced to learn about something you don't believe in?

It would be very arrogant to teach Christians about evolution and call it the "facts". In fact, if you are teaching Christians about evolution and the "facts", what is the point of Christian schools? The schools wouldn't even be about Christians anymore and they could just go to public schools, which is genocide.

It seems to me that PRO is suggesting that we can convince Christians that evolution is true and that God is not real. That is taking away our right to practice any religion we want, which is also genocide.

PRO, how does people bring Christian affect you in your everyday life?

"The schools wouldn't even be about Christians anymore and they could just go to public schools, which is genocide."
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.
synonyms: Mass Murder.

No one would be being killed or murderd in any way at all. Christians, I think at least deserved to be given both sides of the story's. They are not being forced to believe in it at all but only open to the idea of it. And yes you can believe in God and evolution. For example, Pope Francis of the Catholic Church highly accepts th idea of evolution and God going hand and hand. """Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve. Christians won't be forced to accept the theory at all but only expanding their one perception of it, making the students more open- minded to new ideas.

Also their is countless credible proof of Evolution as well.

"1. The universal genetic code. All cells on Earth, from our white blood cells, to simple bacteria, to cells in the leaves of trees, are capable of reading any piece of DNA from any life form on Earth. This is very strong evidence for a common ancestor from which all life descended".

"2. The fossil record. The fossil record shows that the simplest fossils will be found in the oldest rocks, and it can also show a smooth and gradual transition from one form of life to another."

"3. Genetic commonalities. Human beings have approximately 96% of genes in common with chimpanzees, about 90% of genes in common with cats (source), 80% with cows (source), 75% with mice (source), and so on. This does not prove that we evolved from chimpanzees or cats, though, only that we shared a common ancestor in the past. And the amount of difference between our genomes corresponds to how long ago our genetic lines diverged."

Genocide Definition
The deliberate extermination of a national, political or cultural group.

When I say genocide, I don't mean that anybody is getting killed. I mean that it exterminates a group. Nobody is getting killed, but Christianity would be exterminated.

I never once said that they are being forced to believe in it. In fact, I might like it if Christians are introduced to the idea of atheism and evolution. However, why is this being learned in a school? Why should they care? They don't believe in it. It isn't a part of their culture. It should be the parent's job to tell the child that other people believe in other things, not the school's. If the child wants to know more, she can ask his/her parents. If a child decides to not be Christian, then so be it. But why would you put something that isn't a part of Christianity in a Christian school?

I don't care what the Pope says, Christianity and evolution are not compatible. Evolution is never mentioned in the Bible. You need to ask yourself "why?" If God created life using evolution, why wouldn't the bible mention it? Why would He lie to Christians? Why would He let Charles Darwin, an atheist scientist, solve a mystery that didn't need to be solved and destroy all of His credibility? He wouldn't. There are many verses that say that everything in the Bible is true (eg: Psalm: 12:6: The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver... purified seven times), so the Genesis account of how God created Earth and Life must be true. Christianity is an all or nothing thing: you either believe it all or you don't.

As for the evidence for evolution, I don't want this to turn into a Creation vs. Evolution debate, so I'm not going to comment on that. Again, the child can learn about evolution, but not in school.

When I say genocide, I mean the destruction of a culture, not mass-murder. Evolution gas no place in Christian schools, as it is not a part of Christian culture. It should be the job of the parents to educate the child about different beliefs, not the school. Evolution is not compatible with Christianity, as the Bible would mention it if life was created that way. God wouldn't lie to Christians and let Darwin solve a mystery that didn't need to be solved as well as take away his credibility. Everything on the Bible is true and this, so is the Genesis account of creation (to Christians).

Yes, you could go to your parents to learn about Evolution but their interpretation of it could be completely biased considering the fact that they are Christian. I know you said they are Christian and that's not what they believe in but have the minds of the young students have had the chance to drift away from the veiws of their parents and come up with their own? Most kids will go to their parents for their veiws since those are the people you know best and depend on the most. You said that the students really don't need to learn about it because it's not in their culture. Learning others cultures makes you so much more aware of the world and the different kind of people around you. If the kids are Christian why would they need to go to a Christian school if they already know the story of Jesus? Why would they go to a school to learn things their parents can teach them? Isint the whole point of education itself is to learn new information that you didn't know before?

I see why the Bible and Evolution can't really go together but the idea of a God doesn't always have to be associated with bible. Let the students form their own ideas of the world around them. And if they do look at the other way people see things and still choose Christianity that would only make the stronger Christians.

Sorry if this was on the shorter side, this was my first debate online and I'm still learning. This has been a good topic and discussion and I look forward to reading your rebuttal.

I'm not really sure how a parent could be biased. Parents have the burden of teaching their children about the world. Although they are probably Christian, all they really have to say is "Other people believe in a different God than us. Some people don't even believe in God, but believe in evolution, where <explanation for evolution>. However, we are all different. We should respect them for that and that it is their choice to believe that." There isn't any possible bias.

Of course all children can decide to believe in something that their parents don't believe in, but it should still be the parent's job to educate the child on other religions and what they are.

The same argument could be made for why kids even go to school: "Why do kids go to school if their parents can just teach them about it?" The kids go to Christian schools to honour God as well as learn about non-religious subjects. They also go to school to learn about their religion. When I say that parents should educate their kids, I don't mean that they should sit down for six hours talking about whatever. They should just give a brief explanation that summarizes whatever it is that they are talking about. It's kind of like giving a child "the talk" but about religion. Christianity is a large religion. The Bible is huge and filled with things to learn, and the parents don't have time to teach their child everything about Christianity just as an atheist parent doesn't have the time to teach their child everything about science or math. They are there to learn new things about Christianity that their parents don't have time for, like what you said education was about.

Students can absolutely form new ideas about the world around them--nobody is forcing them to be Christian. Hopefully when a Christian child's parents tell him/her about other religions, they become imaginative and choose whichever religion they want to practice.

This debate wasn't short at all. I'm glad that you haven't forfeited, as most new debaters seems to do so every time they have to respond to an argument. Also, I was reading through my post in the first round and I may have come off as snarky and generally a jerk, so I apologise for that. I enjoyed this debate, thank you. You did well.
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 9 months ago
Okay, thanks.
Posted by Hayd 9 months ago
I'll try to vote on this.
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 9 months ago
Also, I realize that there is a spelling error in my summary. Sorry about that. I meant to say "has" not "gas". I'm on mobile, so I think that one spelling error is excusable.

I'm enjoying this debate with you so far.
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 9 months ago
Oh! I forgot to mention that there is a series of videos that prove that Christianity and evolution aren't compatible. If you have some time to kill, feel free to watch:
Vote Placed by Hayd 9 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's main arguments are that people need to be exposed to evolution since it is factual. Con responds that he agrees, but that exposure shouldn't be done in schools, rather they should ask their parents. Since evolution isn't fundamentally Christian, it shouldn't be taught in Christian schools. Pro says that evolution is compatible with Christianity because the Pope accepts it, but Con shows that Christianity doesn't teach it. In the end, I side with Con since evolution is not fundamentally Christian it has no place in Christian schools. And exposure to it can be done through parents, thus Con wins.