Evolution vs Christianity

First round I will let my opponent prove evolution is the true way to go.

Currently, I'm working on another debate proving evolution vs. creationism. The evolution vs. creationism debate is a good one, but evolution vs Christianity? I hope you realize that evolution is a scientific theory and Christianity is a whole religion. I don't get how you want me to argue. I am assuming you want to argue evolution vs. creationism. Please correct me if I'm wrong about this assumption. So, let me begin.

Creationism Shouldn't Be on the Same Level as Evolution

How do you even compare these two explanations as equal? One is backed up by tons of scientific evidence, and one comes straight out of a book that also says that the earth is flat. There is no evidence for creationism. None. I really don't get how Creationism has survived this long. Why is Creationism not on the same level as the flat earth or the geocentric model? They all come out of the same book. Why discard one and throw away another? Please tell me if you agree that the Earth is flat or the geocentric model.

Evolution HAS Evidence Behind it

Excuse me for copying and pasting from one of my previous debates on this issue, but I explained this issue better in this response.

There is lots of evidence supporting the theory of evolution. I it useless to deny it. If you don't believe me, just look around you. Do your own research.
  • Evidence from Geographic Distribution

Data about the presence or absence of species on various continents and island.

• Fossil Record

It is possible to find out how a particular group of organisms evolved by arranging its fossil records in a chronological sequence.

• Evidence from Comparative Anatomy

Comparative study of the anatomy of groups of animals or plants reveals that certain structural features are basically similar.

• Evidence from Observed Natural Selection

Examples for the evidence for evolution often stem from direct observation of natural selection in the field and the laboratory.

• Evidence from computation and mathematical iteration

Computer science allows the iteration of self-changing complex systems to be studied, allowing a mathematical understanding of the nature of the processes behind evolution

• ...and many more.

I don't have time to go into detail, but you can read more about these evidences and others here:

First want to state that I meant to put evolution vs creationism. Sorry I just copied something from your other debate, but
*Can you snap your fingers to make a rose? If you believe that there is no overall being that created everything, then a single rose must have come from somewhere. If you believe that, then you should be able to whip one up right quick. Oh, what's that? You can't? Well then how did the first rose come to being? There must have been something there to make it. That something is God.
-And second of all the person who came up with the idea of continental drift was a christian named Alfred Wegener. And if evolution did happen why haven't we found the missing link? Ohhh whats that it doesn't exist!!!
-Also we do have evidence that creationism did happen its called the Bible, and we have also found Jesus's death blanket
-Sources the Great Flood happened: National Geographic Society explorer Robert Ballard, inspired by Ryan and Pitman's hypothesis, has discovered supporting physical evidence, including an underwater river valley and ancient shoreline as well as Stone Age structures and tools beneath the Black Sea. His team has also unearthed fossils of now-extinct freshwater species dating back some 7,460 to 15,500 years. Source-

"Can you snap your fingers to make a rose? If you believe that there is no overall being that created everything, then a single rose must have come from somewhere. If you believe that, then you should be able to whip one up right quick. Oh, what's that? You can't? Well then how did the first rose come to being? There must have been something there to make it. That something is God."

When your friend said this, I didn't know what he was talking about. Now you say it and I still don't understand it. Please explain this 'point'.

"...if evolution did happen why haven't we found the missing link? Ohhh whats that it doesn't exist!!!"

Just because we have not found it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

"Also we do have evidence that creationism did happen its called the Bible"

The Bible is not proof. The Bible is only a book. Real world observations are proof. We have no real world observations that provide proof of Creationism. Therefore we have no proof.

"...we have also found Jesus's death blanket"

What does this have to do with anything? And just so you know the blanket thing is a fake.

"Sources the Great Flood happened: National Geographic Society explorer Robert Ballard, inspired by Ryan and Pitman's hypothesis, has discovered supporting physical evidence"

I'm not even going to argue this. We are talking about Evolution vs. Creationism here.

Well actually telling about the great flood was great evidence because it lets people know that there must have been a creator that caused that. Which leads to creationism. Oh and not finding the missing link is good evidence. Because it shows that it is impossible for evolution to happen. And I've heard many christian scientists say they believe natural selection happened, but evolution and the change from a cell to a monkey to a human.

"Well actually telling about the great flood was great evidence because it lets people know that there must have been a creator that caused that. Which leads to creationism."

Fine, I'll talk about it. Noah's flood is impossible. There is not enough water on Earth to cover all land masses. If that's not enough proof, how did two of every animal fit on one ship? How did Noah maintain all of these animals? How did the kangaroos get there? Did they swim?

There are many more flaws with this story then I care to mention.

"Oh and not finding the missing link is good evidence. Because it shows that it is impossible for evolution to happen."

It doesn't show that evolution is impossible, it only shows that we haven't found the missing link yet.

"And I've heard many Christian scientists say they believe natural selection happened, but evolution and the change from a cell to a monkey to a human."

If you find natural selection to be possible, there is no reason for you to find evolution impossible. Evolution is just Natural Selection over millions of years. Little changes over a long period of time can result in massive changes.

I would like to end this debate with why creationism is real and evolution is false. First I want to read some Bible verses to help.

Genesis 6: 11-22: Now the earth was corrupt in God"s sight and was full of violence. God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. So make yourself an ark of cypress[c] wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high.[d] Make a roof for it, leaving below the roof an opening one cubit[e] high all around.[f] Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks. I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark"you and your sons and your wife and your sons" wives with you. You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them."

Noah did everything just as God commanded him.

-Genesis 7: 1-4: The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made."

And also as you have stated earlier about continental drift. We have reasons to believe that it was a giant Pangea once and that is how all the animals got to Noah

Our present atmosphere consists of 78% nitrogen (N2), 21% molecular oxygen (O2), and 1% of other gases, such as carbon dioxide CO2), argon (Ar), and water vapor H2O). An atmosphere containing free oxygen would be fatal to all origin of life schemes. While oxygen is necessary for life, free oxygen would oxidize and thus destroy all organic molecules required for the origin of life. Thus, in spite of much evidence that the earth has always had a significant quantity of free oxygen in the atmosphere,3 evolutionists persist in declaring that there was no oxygen in the earth's early atmosphere. However, this would also be fatal to an evolutionary origin of life. If there were no oxygen there would be no protective layer of ozone surrounding the earth. Ozone is produced by radiation from the sun on the oxygen in the atmosphere, converting the diatomic oxygen(O2) we breathe to triatomic oxygen O3), which is ozone. Thus if there were no oxygen there would be no ozone. The deadly destructive ultraviolet light from the sun would pour down on the surface of the earth unimpeded, destroying those organic molecules required for life, reducing them to simple gases, such as nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and water. Thus, evolutionists face an irresolvable dilemma: in the presence of oxygen, life could not evolve; without oxygen, thus no ozone, life could not evolve or exist.

Let us suppose that, as evolutionists suggest, there actually was some way for organic, biologically important molecules to have formed in a significant quantity on a primitive Earth. An indescribable mess would have been the result. In addition to the 20 different amino acids found in proteins today, hundreds of other kinds of amino acids would have been produced. In addition to deoxyribose and ribose, the five-carbon sugars found in DNA and RNA today, a variety of other five-carbon sugars, four-carbon, six-carbon, and seven-carbon sugars would have been produced. In addition to the five purines and pyrimidines found in DNA and RNA today, a great variety of other purines and pyrimidines would exist. Further, of vital significance, the amino acids in proteins today are exclusively left-handed, but all amino acids on the primitive Earth would be 50% left-handed and 50% right-handed. The sugars in DNA and RNA today are exclusively right-handed, but, if they did exist, sugars on a primitive Earth would have been 50% right-handed and 50% left-handed. If just one right-handed amino acid is in a protein, or just one left-handed sugar is found in a DNA or RNA, all biological activity is destroyed. There would be no mechanism available on a primitive Earth to select the correct form. This fact alone destroys evolution. Evolutionists have been wrestling with this dilemma since it was first recognized, and there is no solution in sight. All these many varieties would compete with one another, and a great variety of other organic molecules, including aldehydes, ketones, acids, amines, lipids, carbohydrates, etc. would exist. If evolutionists really claim to simulate plausible primitive Earth conditions, why don't they place their reactants in a big mess like this and irradiate it with ultraviolet light, shock it with electric discharges, or heat it, and see what results? They don't do that because they know there wouldn't be the remotest possibility that anything useful for their evolutionary scenario would result. Rather, they carefully select just the starting materials they want to produce amino acids or sugars or purines or whatever, and, furthermore, they employ implausible experimental conditions that would not exist on a primitive Earth. They then claim in textbooks and journal articles that such and such biological molecules would have been produced in abundant quantities on the early earth.

DNA, as is true of messenger-RNA, transfer-RNA, and ribosomal-RNA, is destroyed by a variety of agents, including ultraviolet light, reactive oxygen species, alkylting agents, and water. A recent article reported that there are 130 known human DNA repair genes and that more will be found. The authors stated that "Genome |DNA| instability caused by the great variety of DNA-damaging agents would be an overwhelming problem for cells and organisms if it were not for DNA repair emphasis mine)."6 Note that even water is one of the agents that damages DNA! If DNA somehow evolved on the earth it would be dissolved in water. Thus water and many chemical agents dissolved in it, along with ultraviolet light would destroy DNA much faster than it could be produced by the wildest imaginary process. If it were not for DNA repair genes, the article effectively states, DNA could not survive even in the protective environment of a cell! How then could DNA survive when subjected to brutal attack by all the chemical and other DNA-damaging agents that would exist on the hypothetical primitive Earth of the evolutionists?

What are the cellular agents that are necessary for DNA repair and survival? DNA genes! Thus, DNA is necessary for the survival of DNA! But it would have been impossible for DNA repair genes to evolve before ordinary DNA evolved and it would have been impossible for ordinary DNA to evolve before DNA repair genes had evolved. Here we see another impossible barrier for evolution. Furthermore, it is ridiculous to imagine that DNA repair genes could have evolved even if a cell existed. DNA genes encode the sequences of the hundreds of amino acids that constitute the proteins that are the actual agents that are involved in DNA repair. The code in the DNA is translated into a messenger RNA (mRNA). The mRNA must then move to and be incorporated into a ribosome (which is made up of three different ribosomal RNAs and 55 different protein molecules). Each amino acid must be coupled to a transfer RNA specific for that amino acid, and the coupling requires a protein enzyme specific for that amino acid and transfer-RNA. Responding to the code on the messenger RNA and utilizing the codes on transfer RNA's, the appropriate amino acids, attached to the transfer RNAs, are attached to the growing protein chain in the order prescribed by the code of the messenger RNA. Many enzymes are required along with appropriate energy. This is only a brief introduction to the incredible complexity of life that is found even in a bacterium.

Mutations do not produce new purposeful genetic information.

Evolution of a new species as a result of new genetic code arising has never been observed.

Abiogenesis has never been observed and all experiments to initiate it have failed.

Some of the oldest fossil-bearing rocks contain fully developed advanced animals such as trilobites, with no evidence of evolutionary ancestors.

Erosion rates for the continents are too fast for the continents and their fossil content to be old enough for supposed evolution to occur.

The rate of mutation of DNA currently observed suggests that DNA must be less than 100,000 years old, which is not enough time for supposed evolution.

If that is not enough evidence. I'm sorry for you, but I'm just going to say he is going to sit there for hours trying to find evidence that evolution happened. He can;t prove everything. Because he hasn't been here for over 1,000,000 nether has the scientists so they can't prove Jack Diddley Squat. But there are over 5 billion people who believe in religions that state creationism why is the other 2 billion disagree with creationism if religion was the first thing we believed in.

FrankTheBob forfeited this round.
Posted by derplington 2 years ago
The US cannot federal fund the teaching of religion, and supporting atheism does just that. In the dictionary, atheism is defined as the lack of belief in a God, yet the definition of religion is a group of people who believe in a certain set of beliefs. The two definitions contradict eachother though. If Atheists have a certain set of beliefs, then wouldn't atheism be a religion? Saying it is not a religion is really the only excuse the US has to teach it in school. Things such as evolution, are part of the atheist set of beliefs.
Posted by MartinKauai 2 years ago
Again, your grammar is so bad I am compelled to ask the same question, are you a TROLL? If so, bloody good job.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
BTW: Christianity has almost disappeared here and many churches have been sold as private dwellings and shop fronts. So many of the church clergy cannot get an income from their church and need to return to their previous employment or get a job.
So many of the church ministers here have daytime jobs which is good, because it keeps them in touch with reality.
This has always been one of my dislikes for churches where ministers live of what they steal from believers and lose touch with what it is like to actually have to work for a living.
All is good.
I dislike religion less when they keep in touch with the real world and keep their messages to their constituents real.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Hopefully, implementing the NGSS in 26 states will make those 26 states far more knowledgeable in their average citizens on the subject of Evolution and bulletproof them against Anti-Evolution nonsense.
They will lead the rest of the states in intelligence and knowledge and make the rest appear dumber than they appear at the moment.
As at the moment, all the highly Anti-Evolution states are among the dumbest regions on planet earth.
Raising the bar with the NGSS will shame them up completely and they will have to join in and implement the NGSS to stop their states from appearing as a state full of Raving Loonies, which is how they appear at the moment to those of us in intelligent regions.
Raising the bar in nearby states will make this way more obvious!!
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Yet, Most Christians support Evolution.
It's only the US Evangelical idiotic, pseudo-Christian groups that are against Evolution.
80% of the world's Christians are in full support of Evolution.
Catholics, Protestants, in fact all the scientists I know who work in Evolutionary fields locally are Christians.
One of them is also the head of the Uniting Church here and yet he works in the daytime as a field research scientist and is a staunch Evolutionist.

Yes, it is only Pseudo-Christian groups who know nothing about Evolution and they attack that which they know nothing about. Ken Ham & Ray Comfort know nothing about evolution, yet they attack it.
So all their attacks are Arguments Out Of Ignorance Fallacies.

So are all the attacks on Evolution on DDO.

Nobody attacking Evolution on DDO actually know anything about what they are attacking.
Posted by BEASTxKNIGHTx12 2 years ago
Sagely the reason some states won't vote for it is because they in the Bible Belt. Which is full of mostly Christians.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
BTW: That Pol BEASTx cited only demonstrates how Stupid and Naive people are, it shows why the education standards in the US need to be raised.
Those poles are the reason for the Next Generation Science Standards are an absolute necessity.
Because in the more intelligent countries the lines are in inverted position.
With the Evolution on top and God created line down the bottom.

So that chart is why the US Government is cranking up the NGSS pressure to get more than the 26 states to join and accept it in their state.
Because the US is well behind the intelligent countries where the bottom line in that chart is on top and essentially the lines are inverted in position.
| _______ Humans arrived by Evolution from common ancestor to apes.
| ______ Evolution - Guided by God
|---------- Made By God as Is.
Which is how it should be seen in Intelligent countries.
BEASTx 's source only demonstrates a survey of extremely Ignorant and Dumb Individuals.
Using that as evidence for correctness is only an Appeal To Popularity Fallacy.
What is popular belief is so often WRONG!
Posted by BEASTxKNIGHTx12 2 years ago
Is martin annoying because if you understood the argument between evolution and creationism. Then you would understand the statement.
Posted by MartinKauai 2 years ago
Is CON a troll? His first argument was f*cking terrible. Poe's law.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
BTW: The Bible has no evidence for anything Objective, nor Scientific.
It is purely a product of people's subjective imaginations.
There is not even any evidence found for the Exodus, according to Historical studies, it never happened.
The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ never physically happened, as there is no verifiable evidence for it.
The Gospels were written over 30 years after Jesus died, so it is all subjective recollections, not an eye witness account.
There are no scientific facts for anything in the Bible.
Genesis is taken by most Creationists as metaphorical, not literal.
Evolution has nothing to do with how life started, it only deals with how living organisms change due to environmental pressures and happenstance.
The Fossil evidence is overwhelmingly in support of Evolution, it does not support young earth creationism, in fact it destroys it completely.
The Bible is a Theological Document on the subjective (mental only) history of the Judeo-Christian cult.
Many of the Chronological statements or data in the Bible is erroneous.
We do no live on a disk with a star studded dome over it and four corners, sort of a square circle.
There is no god's throne sitting on top of that solid star studded dome that separates earth's atmosphere from Heaven (top of the dome that has a sandwiched layer of water in it's midst.
These descriptions are all literal from and within the Bible.
The Bible was written by people appearing to be wise at the time of writing only.
By today's standards they are naive idiots.
So are those who believe that the Bible contains literal scientific facts.
Vote Placed by Sagey 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument was more practical and Rational, Con's argument was all subjective and essentially arguing from ignorance. Con's flood source did not back up any Global (Noachian) Flood, only local floods, so the Global Flood is still a myth. Con scored the conduct vote as Pro Forfeited without a final argument/rebuttal. Con's final argument was nothing but Assertions without evidence to support them, though all assertions were from Ignorance.