alec98
mark.marrocco

Evolution

mark.marrocco

alec98

Con

ev·o·lu·tion   [ev-uh-loo-shuhn or, especially Brit., Biology . change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift. In this debate, I will be arguing for creationism. Creationism is the doctrine that matter and all things were created, substantially as they now exist, by an omnipotent Creator, and not gradually evolved or developed. RULES:

TRY TO USE CORRECT SPELLING AND GRAMMAR IF YOU CAN
NO PROFANITIES OR INSULTS DIRECTED AT YOUR OPPONENT
ROUND 2 WILL BE TO STATE YOUR IDEAS, ROUND 3 IS REBUTTALS, AND ROUND 4 IS YOUR CONCLUSION
MUST HAVE ONE BIBLE QUOTE OR A QUOTE FROM A FAMOUS EVOLUTIONIST OR CREATIONIST
THE OPPONENT WINS IF YOU FORFEIT

SCOURCES

1.dictionary.reference.com/browse/evolution
2.dictionary.reference.com/browse/creationism
mark.marrocco

Pro

Posted by mark.marrocco 1 day ago

mark.marrocco

Yeah, let's do that haggling here first since I'm new too and understand your pain, please just don't troll me, not that I think you will. Firstly, no evolutionists claim that humans came directly from apes. The evolutionary tree suggests that apes and humans split (mutated) from a common ancestor. So, maybe you would like to make the resolution, since you chose the Con side, "On balance, Evolution is more likely than Creationism." Which would be the clarified resolution (what you would usually want to put in the place where you just wrote "evolution." Since you're Con, you would try to negate (disprove) that resolution, and I, being Pro, have to try to affirm (prove) it. Evolution, to be a little more clear, in the scientific sense mostly deals with two principles; 1) mutation and 2) selection.

So that being said I suggest we define Creationism as "The belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution." And Evolution as "The process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth."

Posted by alec98 1 day ago

alec98

I forefit

not going to waste my life

Posted by mark.marrocco 5 hours ago

mark.marrocco

Seriously?

I've apparently been duped into accepting a challenge from someone as new or newer than myself again.

alec98

Con

alec98 forfeited this round.
mark.marrocco

Pro

Disclaimer: Profanities and offensive material. Especially if you're a fundamentalist Christian. Sorry. I hope you can still appreciate the humor here.

alec98

Con

alec98 forfeited this round.
alec98

Con

alec98 forfeited this round.
mark.marrocco

Pro

Vote for Pro. Thanks
Posted by mark.marrocco 4 years ago
mark.marrocco
Seriously?
Posted by alec98 4 years ago
alec98
I forefit

not going to waste my life
Posted by mark.marrocco 4 years ago
mark.marrocco

Posted by alec98 4 years ago
alec98
This is my first debate so I don't really now what i'm doing so i'll just try my best
Posted by alec98 4 years ago
alec98
Thank you for clarifying the debate meatros. What I mean is evolution from apes to humans. I just wanted to compare evolution vs creation. On your first comment, I will do just that In this debate Con is Pro- creation and vice versa
Posted by Meatros 4 years ago
Meatros
I think you might want to haggle with Mark over what you are arguing,Alec. Right now, it's a bit confused. I *think* you might want to argue against common descent, but as it is, all Mark has to do is show that changes can accumulate in a genetic pool.
Posted by Meatros 4 years ago
Meatros
Am I reading this right, you contention is that:

"change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift."

Doesn't happen?
Vote Placed by KeytarHero 4 years ago
KeytarHero
alec98mark.marroccoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited. He claims he doesn't want to waste his life, but what does he think he's doing by issuing a debate which he has no intention to finish?