SecularMerlin
12334567891

Ewoks are terrifying monsters

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

SecularMerlin

Pro

Ewoks are terrifying monsters. Three rounds to convince me otherwise. No extended universe please.
12334567891

Con

How could you hate ewoks there like a combination of my dog and a teddy bear.
Look at this photo.

https://www.google.com...

How could you be scared of that. They also live in arboreal huts and are in star wars, and they destroyed the storm troopers. Just one more time it is a walking TEDDY BEAR.
SecularMerlin

Pro

My argument includes three simple points.
1. Ewoks have a seemingly supernatural ability to comprehend and operate space age equipment.
2. Ewoks are frighteningly efficient strategists and fierce warriors.
3. Ewoks eat people.

I will cover these points in reverse order.
3. Ewoks eat people.
Do you remember what the ewoks going to do to Han, Luke and Chewie when they captured them on the forest moon of endorse? I'll remind you. They were going to make them a main dish at a feast in C3PO's honor. Shortly after that princess Lea rejoins the group, but she's not longer dressed like the other rebels she is wearing a dress. Where on endore did ewoks, whom I will remind you have wildly different body dimensions, get that dress? I'll tell you where from a human. Not just any human, but a human who was roughly Lea' s size. That implies more than one dress to choose from. Mathematically that suggests that they have a lot of clothes that don't fit them, and they don't even wear clothes, just those leather hoods.
So where did they get the clothes? From people, people we never see any sign of in the movie. We never see them because they're dead because ewoks ate them. You will also observe an ewok at the end of the film playing drums made of storm trooper helmets, because the ewoks ate them too.
You said it first. The ewoks destroy the storm troopers. They don't just win they beat them so badly it turns into a route. The storm troopers are the empire's most recognizable and feared galactic space marines, and the ewoks beat them using paleolithic weapons.
I'll only point to two examples. First when wicket the ewoks mounts a storm trooper's hoverbike he doesn't have to get acclimated to it he just flips a few switched and he's off. Not backward either he's going in exactly the direction he means to go. And as one of the ewoks that appears at the end of the film we know that he didn't even hit a tree and blow up. Something the chase scene featuring Luke, Lea and two storm troopers shows us it is frighteningly easy to do. He doesn't just start that bike, he also pilots it better than trained galactic shock troops trained in its use. Secondly during the actual battle we see two ewoks drop into a scout walker with Chewbacca
We know from the troopers thrown out of the cockpit that it takes two men to operate, presumably a pilot and a gunner
That means No matter which crew position our heroic Wookie chooses the other must be manned by an ewok. That ewok would have to become proficient in a highly technical task in just a few minutes tutored by someone of a different species that doesn't even have a common language.

That is terrifying.
12334567891

Con

Well this will me my counter claim and Rebuttal.

Yes ewoks may eat people, but many other animals will eat people "if given the chance" like lions, crocodiles, or tigers, and while tigers are near extinction and lions only kill a 100 people per year. Crocks kill 1k per year which is impressive but dogs our household pet kill 25k per year. But all of these tremble at the worlds greatest killer mosquito. They kill a whopping 735 thousand people per year. All the animal deaths combine though equal the population of Bhutan.
Also ewoks are being eaten all throughout the universe. "Ewok jerky was mentioned in Star Wars Clone wars." So if there were a food product that must mean that were easy to hunt which means that the ewok that we met might have been victimized to this before and then before you know it they had to evolve so they wouldn't become extinct and now you have the ewok. That also explains why they could beat the clones with stones and sticks and why they could comprehend space age material because they have thought other aliens before.
Finally society evolves when bad things happens and the ewoks are no exception. They got attacked and might of almost have gotten killed of for there meat, so they came up with ways to defend there self and get revenge on the aliens who attacked them and killed most of them by eating them. But it could of originally been in self defense then it might have moved to something more dark after that.
Maybe since there was ewok jerky which means they must have had a vast amount of ewoks for it to be successful. There might have been other ewoks that don't eat people.
SecularMerlin

Pro

It's true, we have some truly terrifying beasties right here on earth. That doesn't change the fact that ewoks are scary little guys too. I like that you were thinking not just about what they are but how they got that way. There is one thing you forgot however and that is
That's right ewoks can operate tech that is way too advanced for them and now that there are starships on endore what do you think the chances of them staying put are? Probably pretty small, like smaller than an ewok. If they get out to the galaxy proper and start to reproduce exponentially, you know because of all the "food" that is suddenly available we are talking a full on invasion of little cannibal teddy bear space pirates. Now that is scary. Not as scary as E.T. but that is a whole different discussion. Thanks for the debate. You really did your research I never expected the mosquito angle. Hope we can do this again some time.
12334567891

Con

That is true ewoks do have the supernatural ability to comprehend space age equipment but like I stated I do not believe this is there first time in contact with that type of weaponry or equipment, and also one of the main reasons the storm toppers lost was because they were over confident and badly organized. The ewoks also had some assistance from rebel commandos.
Another shocker was that there best strategies like hang gliders, trip wires, and catapults all seemed to fail, but it was the element of surprise that did the most damage. Maybe once ewoks do become space pirates people will know what there dealing with and not over estimate them. Because the unknown is way more scarier then the known.
Last point I feel like we are only going off of the return of the jedi. There were other movies made about the ewoks for example Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure, Ewoks: battle for Endor, and they even made a TV show called ewoks. I mean it was a real TV show it ran from 1985 to 1986, and had . "Don't ask why." So maybe were looking at a dark spot in ewok history.

Thanks for the debate. Hopefully I did good for my first time.
Posted by whiteflame 1 month ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Con sounds less scared than pro!

[*Reason removal*] Not an RFD.
************************************************************************
Posted by SecularMerlin 1 month ago
SecularMerlin
Bryan I wonder if you read understood mad comprehend this debate.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 month ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Ewoks are so cute!
Posted by 12334567891 1 month ago
12334567891
Thanks you too.
Posted by SecularMerlin 1 month ago
SecularMerlin
Meant to say did great
Posted by SecularMerlin 1 month ago
SecularMerlin
You didn't grea for your first time. Keep it up. You are a serious debater, never let anyone tell you different.
Posted by SecularMerlin 1 month ago
SecularMerlin
Are you sure ewok jerky is made of ewoks? Because if it's made by ewoks that would mean...
Posted by SecularMerlin 1 month ago
SecularMerlin
Don't be sorry I just wanted to clarify.
Posted by 12334567891 1 month ago
12334567891
sorry...
Posted by SecularMerlin 1 month ago
SecularMerlin
I'd like to clarify. I do not hate ewoks. What I said was that they are terrifying monsters.