Darren.K
BloodthirstyImmortal

Examinations should be banned

BloodthirstyImmortal has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Darren.K

Con

Exams definitely should not be banned. "The affirmative side said that exams are only a snapshot in time, and that if people remember an answer after a test, then that could stop them from getting the results they desired. Clearly, this is incorrect because if they cannot remember an answer during the exam, then they did not study it enough for it to be permanently existent in their minds, and maybe they do not deserve the results they desired.
" The affirmative team also said that exams bring extreme levels of stress, which can lead to things as extreme as suicide " but again this is wrong because there are many different outlets in which stress can be erased, whether it is relaxation, seeking help from a teacher or trusted adult, or even channelling the stress into motivation. Without that stress there to push you forward, how many students do you believe will actually study or put effort into their schoolwork? It is almost fair to say that stress is necessary throughout the course of your school years, so why should we ban exams because of that?
"The affirmative team also argued that exams do not accurately measure the strengths or weaknesses of students. Does that mean we have to ban them? Of course not " there are many other options other than exams that can lead towards final results. For example, and art student"s major mark will not come from an exam, but from their folio, or their final piece of artwork. Why would we ban exams when they do accurately reflect students" capabilities? Only students that are capable have the exams lead to their final results, and it isn't like we haven"t been taught what we need to know. If students do not pay enough attention during class time to learn the required knowledge, then perhaps they do not deserve to get a high exam result.
BloodthirstyImmortal

Pro

Lol...I definitely agree with you because examinations will help the students' education. Many of the students at my age are too tired or not bothered to study, but when the teachers prepare a test for them, they actually start stirring back to their studies. This is because they are scared that they will get low scores, which will affect their grade. A lot of people knows that they need high degrees to go to a good well-known university and get a great career. They just don't realize that the time they are lazing about will slow down their extreme knowledge to poor. I strongly disagree with examinations being banned, it is a great experience to remind students about studying.
Darren.K

Con

Learning better test taking skills could be a huge benefit, if you are having trouble getting "stuck" when taking tests, but doing well in school aside from that. Sometimes, we simply get nervous and do not perform as well on tests as we do on other assignments, however, tests are important because we do need to use our minds to memorize facts and learn how to deal with the stress of taking a test. It is a good lesson for later in life, as mariafu points out in her response to this debate. I had a teacher in grade school who helped me learn to relax and do better when I was nervous about a particular exam. He said to stick with my first answer, as that is usually the correct one. He also told me that if a question had me stumped, not to dwell on that one, but move onto another one and come back to the one that I was having trouble with after my confidence was up from answering some of the other questions that I found easier. I also found that studying in a group was beneficial for me. Everyone needs to learn what study and test taking habits work for them. Hope this helps.
Posted by SkySky16 1 year ago
SkySky16
Lol this mofo is already posting arguments from the other side when no one has accepted the debate xD
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
Who are you arguing with?