Exams are not really helpful....
One may not be good in history or science or maths but instead is fantastic at public relations or organizing events or maybe sports.....still this person has to study subjects which he might not need for the rest of his life ...Students study just to pass in their exams, thus it is soon forgotten that education is for development of mankind.
Examinations have transformed education into a rat-race where nerd win and creative people lose.
I accept. Arguments are in the next round.
1. Exams lead to physical and mental pressure on the students.
2. Students can learn more about the topics of their interest if they are not forced to study some particular topics given in the textbook.
3. Exams have some particular pattern and syllabus that need to be studied to pass them.
4. Exams just tell u how well can u mug-answer and not how well u understand the concept.
5. Students are always taught theoretically in a classroom then practically as that is the pattern in which exams are conducted.
6. Due to exams students have to study subjects that are not of their interest. This leads to decrease in the grades which ultimately leads to depression.
E.g.- If someone is interested in music and has the potential to be a rockstar someday, then why should he study science or maths and be judged according to his grades!!
Exams are why they are studying
Many students are studying becuase exams. If we don't have exams, why would we study? Also, we can know our real knowledge, and it is part of practice to not getting too nervous. Through exam, students know thier knowledge, and compare to other students and get cheered up. Many students will not have a chance to know where their knowledge is.
A students will having a war between their classmate because they have to compete with each other with the knowledge they have to see who was the best among them.Other than that,when they compete with each other,it may generate interest and excitement on topic that would be less of interest to a students.Hence,it helps in developing one's personality and confiedence
Sam_sava forfeited this round.
Every time your brain is stimulated, your life improves by 32%. Clearly, if you were an employer and were hiring staff, you would be wise to select the individual/s who were best qualified to do the work you want and this is done through examining all of them through exams or tests. Concentration is what is lacking in this generation. Exams doesn’t mean one has to sit for long to study but a complete concentration in what one is studying is what is needed. This exams are needed to keep one’s brains active and occupied. The relaxation you get after an exam is something that is a must to experience.