Evan_Cummings
CaedaSun

Existential Melt Down?

Started: 8/14/2014 Category: Arts

Evan_Cummings

Pro

Okay, I would like to debate in a non polarizing way the benefits of existential thinking as well as the opposite. The most basic ideas of existentialism, I dont want to delve toooo deeply into the world of this philosophy. Essentially I would like to stick to the existential melt down. The recurring theme of a meaningless existence and the benefits and consequences of occasionally thinking in this way. If you think that purposely thinking in a different way has any benefit at all. Basically just trying to step into someone else and think the way they do. I believe this is a good way to keep an open mind, and learn a lot.
CaedaSun

Con

Alright! So, I accept! I can definitely see the benefits and downfalls of existential thinking. Specifically, and where you'd like to stay within, mostly: the existential meltdown. Do begin with your pros and cons. I'm entirely open to a non-polarizing "debate." Or, more like, discussion. I'll observe this is an opportunity.

I'll say, though, I find there to be more con to the existential meltdown than there is pros. At least, depending on where a person is in their life and how they choose to USE what they have come to.
Evan_Cummings

Pro

Evan_Cummings forfeited this round.
CaedaSun

Con

CaedaSun forfeited this round.
Evan_Cummings

Pro

Evan_Cummings forfeited this round.
CaedaSun

Con

CaedaSun forfeited this round.
Posted by Evan_Cummings 2 years ago
Evan_Cummings
An open Ended discussion isn't what you want?? Oh wow. Well if you insist. In the spirit of the topic I wasn't going to take a position.
Well, I think its useless to do it and a waste of time. The whole Idea.
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
That's what I want to know, otherwise I can't accept
Posted by MichaelColton 2 years ago
MichaelColton
This sounds like an invitation for an open-ended discussion, not a debate. What is your position? What are you claiming?
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
you're lucky Ajabi hasn't taken this already.
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
Mind elaborating your position?