xoxoJenniferxoxo
PalinFan

Extra Activites should be added to primary classes every week.

xoxoJenniferxoxo

Pro

Every week in primary school there should be a fun activity based on education added to the class. School is not only about learning in Physical ways but also in mental ways and the average student says they get bored in class. Adults will think they dont deserve it but it depends on the way you target it.

Ive got some ideas of way they could earn this:

- A weekly goal
- A quiz
- Attendance and Puncuality
- Behavior chart (Individual who gets it and who doesnt)

Extra activities:

- Going on Educational sites
- Games
- Real life activities related to the subject.

What I am stating is children need discipline but they also need a bit of fun in the curriculum.
PalinFan

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate. I will be attempting to negate the resolution that 'extra activities should be added to primary classes every week'.

Even though it may be true that adding extracurricular activities may be a way to allow children to socialize and may reduce stress in the students, extra activities should not be added to primary school classes every week as the funding is not currently available to a lot of public schools and would lead to budget cuts in more important areas such as supplies and teachers' salaries.

When looking at this topic one has to remember the main purpose for primary education, which is to educate and prepare students for secondary and post-secondary school through the use of studies, exams and homework. Due to the recent economic downturn many schools have found it difficult to do just that, causing them to make cuts to their already lean budget and forcing them to find ways to save money.[1][2] Adding activities to primary classes would only make it harder for schools to make ends meet and would in the end hurt the education of the children.

In conclusion, extra activities should not be added to primary classes every week as the money simply isn't there.

[1] http://www.csmonitor.com...
[2] http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
xoxoJenniferxoxo

Pro

This is not a matter of money its a matter of knowledge. You dont need to buy you could use your imagination to create a game. Just a simple activity for some time whether its 5 minutes or 30. A simple arguement.
PalinFan

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for responding with such speed. With that said I am going to try and negate the resolution 'extra activities should be added to primary classes every week' in this round.

In the previous round I argued that having weekly activities for elementary schools would be impractical due to the dissipated budgets schools are faced with because of the economic downturn. My opponent responded as follows:

"This is not a matter of money its a matter of knowledge. You dont need to buy you could use your imagination to create a game. Just a simple activity for some time whether its 5 minutes or 30. A simple arguement."

I would at this point like to call the reader's attention to the opening argument my opponent made in round 1; in a list of what can be considered 'extra activities' my opponent listed: "going to educational sites", "games", and "Real life activities related to the subject". Now my opponent by his own omission ruled out going on educational trips and doing real life activities when he contested that only extra activities that cost money are impracticable.

I will now argue why the extra activities that do not cost money are impractical as well.

As most of us are aware elementary schools forward students a designated period of time where they can step away from there studies and play; this is known as recess,[1] and most recesses last anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes.[2][3] During recess children are encouraged to play games such as tag, capture the flag, jump rope and Simon says.[4] Recent studies have also suggested that recess can help improve a child's academic skills as they are using what they have learned in a physical way.[5]

Seeing as recess already gives children 15 - 30 minutes of activity and has all the benefits that Pro suggests that extra activities would, extra activities would be pointless and a waste of time for all parties involved (teachers, students and parents).

In conclusion: extra activities should not be added to primary classes every week.
Thank you,

-----------------------------------------------------

[1] http://www.google.ca...
[2] http://www.welltrainedmind.com...
[3] http://answers.yahoo.com...
[4] http://www.heartandstroke.com...
[5] http://well.blogs.nytimes.com...
xoxoJenniferxoxo

Pro

They are encouraged to play games and activities. Think of it like this wouldnt it be good to get some of that in the classroom that is educational and helps you learn. Children are not robots and you cant organize there day into slots the same all the time!
PalinFan

Con

"They are encouraged to play games and activities. Think of it like this wouldnt it be good to get some of that in the classroom that is educational and helps you learn. Children are not robots and you cant organize there day into slots the same all the time!"

This is just a repetition of the arguments she made in rounds 1 and 2, which I have already countered with arguments that have yet to be addressed. With that being said I extend the arguments I have already made.

I heavily urge a Con vote.
Posted by wmpeebles 6 years ago
wmpeebles
If xoxoJenniferxoxo had a better argument, I would have voted for her.
Posted by wpfairbanks 6 years ago
wpfairbanks
Palinfan thinks he's some sort of satirical genius.
Vote Placed by I-am-a-panda 6 years ago
I-am-a-panda
xoxoJenniferxoxoPalinFanTied
Vote Placed by wmpeebles 6 years ago
wmpeebles
xoxoJenniferxoxoPalinFanTied
Vote Placed by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
InsertNameHere
xoxoJenniferxoxoPalinFanTied