jazzyfizzle
Danielle

FIND ONE TOPIC AND DEBATE ME ON IT

Con Tied Pro

jazzyfizzle

Con

FIND A TOPIC AND DEBATE ME ON IT..SOMETHING..JUST DO IT...WEATHER IT BE POLITICS,MONEY,SPORTS,SAME SEX MARRIGE AND THING....I ONLY WANT TO DEBATE THE BEST..AND THE BEST HAS WON 16 DEBATES
Danielle

Pro

Thanks Jazzy - I will (humbly) accept your challenge. I browsed through your user profile to find something we disagree upon; I came across the topic of George W. Bush. You are 'in favor' of him and therefore I am assuming his policies and performance as President, while I am against. Since I have not yet debated on this subject, I figured this may be an interesting and fun debate. Thus my position in this debate is that George W. Bush is a bad president. The subject areas I will be addressing to support my claim include:

- His broken promises regarding healthcare, the enviornment, higher education, free trade, and welfare;

- Lies he told to the American public (probably to promote his own agenda);

- His extremely low approval rating;

- Facts about negative occurences during GWB's presidency, that are directly attributed to and/or are a result of his actions such as: the record for biggest annual deficit in history, the biggest drop in the history of the stock market, set the all-time record for most vacation days in history (GWB took the entire month of August 2001 off... you know what happened next), presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed, responsible for high gas prices, dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history, etc... I can go on for paragraphs...

Anyway, thanks for the challenge! And good luck in the remainder of the debate. Your challenge is to prove that George W. Bush is a GOOD President. I look forward to your rebuttal.
jazzyfizzle

Con

NO I THINK U MISS UNDER STOOD...I HATE BUSH
DEBATE ME ON WHO WILL MAKE THE BETTER PRESIDENT.
OBAMA.OR Clinton
AND BEGIN A NEW DEBATE...AND THANKS FOR THE CHANCE TO DEBATE YOU
Danielle

Pro

I believe that you left the option of what to debate on up to me. Your profile says you are In Favor of George W. Bush. Mine says that I am Against, hence my proposed resolution.

In Round 1 you said that you "only wanted to debate the best." I assume that this is because you want to challenge yourself and hone your debating skills. Thus my argument (in this debate that has now taken on a form all its own) is that you should accept my proposal and take a stab at debating something/someone you are against personally. A win for you may prove that you are truly a skilled debater who can argue any assigned topic given. This is what happens in 'real' debates; you do not get to choose the resolution or your position. Why not welcome the opportunity to challenge yourself on a fun site without penalty or consequence?

I don't feel like debating which Democratic candidate would make a better president (at this point in time). While you can easily argue that I should take my own advice about accepting a challenge, my rebuttal is easy: You are the protaginist of this debate and the one who insisted that I choose the topic at hand. Plus, the burden of "proof" - if any - is on you, for whatever debate topic we either choose or not choose.

My proposal is that we choose a new topic to debate in the future, such as another issue our respective profiles suggest we disagree upon: The War in Iraq. I will accept a challenge of yours regarding my position that I am against the war in Iraq. I am also open to other suggestions; leave them in the Comment section of this debate or accept my challenge of arguing that George W. Bush is in fact a good president. Back to you :)
jazzyfizzle

Con

I THINK THAT PRESIDENT BUSH IS THE BEST PRESIDENT THAT WE EVER HAD.I THINK THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE GROWN AGAINT HIM SO MICH THAT THEY HAVE NOT SEEN HIS GOOD WORKS.IN MY RESERCH I HAVE FOUND OVER 50 MAJOR ACOMPULISHMENTS THAT BUSH HAVE MET..AND I CAN GRANTE YOU THAT YOU NEVER TOOK THE TIME TO REALIZE THEM.
I WILL SHARE WITH YOU 6 OF THEM ACOMPULIMENTS AND TALK ON THEM.

(1)Banned Partial Birth Abortion — by far the most significant roll-back of abortion on demand since Roe v. Wade.

(2)Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history

(3)Changed the tone in the White House, restoring HONOR and DIGNITY to the presidency.

(4)Signed the No Child Left Behind Act, delivering the most dramatic education reforms in a generation (challenging the soft bigotry of low expectations). The very liberal California Teachers union is currently running radio ads against the accountability provisions of this Act.

(5)Killed the Kyoto Global Warming Treaty.

(6)Successfully executed two wars in the aftermath of 9/11/01: Afghanistan and Iraq. 50 million people who had lived under tyrannical regimes now live in freedom.

BET YOU NEVER KNEW THAT HE DID THESE THINGS BEFORE..CAUSE I DIDT
Danielle

Pro

Thank you for accepting the challenge of the debate. However the problem with your last argument is that you did not address any of my points from Round 1, which I have still yet to elaborate on. Therefore, more importantly, I will address the Bush "accomplishments" you've listed... and by the way, the Bush successes my opponent noted were plaigarized word for word and not cited. I thought this was debate.org, not copy-and-paste.com... but anyway!

1) You mentioned that Bush's law regarding partial birth abortion was "the most significant roll-back of abortion on demand since Roe v. Wade." I don't see that as an 'accomplishment' and in fact many liberals would see that as an infringement upon women's rights -- a complete atrocity. I reject this as being an 'accomplishment' because 57% of Americans support the original ruling (Source: ABC.com)

2) Bush's tax breaks for the wealthy were not without consequence; any democrat will be glad tell you how they negatively effected the important programs our tax dollars help to fund. Also, those tax cuts HARDLY even BEGIN to make up for the incredible damage that GWB has inflicted upon our economy. But I'll get to that later.

3) George W. Bush restored honor and dignity to the presidency? Oh, I'm sorry. I must've missed that. Was that when he was conspiring regarding the attacks on 9/11? Or perhaps blatantly LYING to the American public about al Qaeda being linked to Saddam Hussein in Iraq? (Source: The Pentagon!) I could go on, but this "debate" is pretty moot anyway so I'll refrain for now.

4) The No Child Left Behind Act is noted as a huge failure of the Bush Administration... one of many. Because this is the copy-and-paste debate, apparently, read here for why: ( http://www.timeoutfromtesting.org... )

5) Here's a headline for you - "Opposing the international climate treaty the Unites States signed in 1997, President Bush and members of his administration have made misleading and erroneous comments." For the rest of the story, click here: http://www.nrdc.org...

6) I think the fact that you (or whomever wrote that) claim Bush "successfully executed two wars in the aftermath of 9/11/01: Afghanistan and Iraq" is the biggest joke of all in this whole "debate." Bush didn't execute anything -- he hasn't seen anything through, other than ordering an ILLEGAL WAR that alienates our allies, dissolved treaties, crushed our economy, raised the prices of oil... I mean he "successfully" killed millions of innocent Iraqi civilians (NOT terorists), thousands of American soldiers, and divided a nation in addition to watching his approval ratings reach all-time lows. Is that what you meant b success? Or what?

Okay I think I'm done with this for now. I have a huge migraine. To re-cap for the readers/voters, my opponent challenged me to a debate claiming that I could choose the topic. I chose George W. Bush. In Round 2 my opponent refused to debate me on the topic at hand. In my rebuttal I convinced him to accept the challenge. In Round 3 my opponent provided a sloppy, incoherent opening statement followed by a plaigarized and uncited body. He also did not take note or refute any of what I said regarding Bush earlier in Round 1. I concluded the debate by refuting his points, and even if you don't agree, you can't deny that my arguments against his were a little more thorough or at least up to par with his. So who won? In my opinion, nobody. I think this is possibly my worst debate yet. However I still outperformed my opponent, and therefore deserve your vote. Thanks, and hopefully the next debate you read of mine will be a lot better :)
Posted by SweetBags 9 years ago
SweetBags
not to continue a pointless argument with a huge amount of pointlessitude, but you never specified non-tourney debates in your original post, saying"You don't win anything for winning debates on this site", because you talk about ALL debates on the site in general, your statement is disproven by the fact that the tourney winner gets 100 bucks. because your statement was an absolute it was disproven by one counter-example.
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
Sweet, I'm right and you are wrong about winning money for debates that are not in a tournament and that's final. No more debate. No more comments. No more arguments. My word makes it final.
Posted by SweetBags 9 years ago
SweetBags
sado, you do get something for winning some debates, but not all of them. so your wrong in that your statement was an absolute, when the truth on that matter is not.
Posted by run-ons_maker 9 years ago
run-ons_maker
weird debaters...... well i don't know who should i vote
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
So that means I am not wrong.
Posted by SweetBags 9 years ago
SweetBags
no, this one isnt a part of the tourny.
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
So this debate is part of the tournament?
Posted by Danielle 9 years ago
Danielle
Actually, Sadolite, there is currently a tournament in process that awards the winner $100... so... you're wrong. Sorry :/

Anyway thanks to everyone else for their feedback! I'm sorry this was such a sucky debate but I promise to make it up to you guys in the future :)
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
You dont win anything for winning debates on this site
Posted by SweetBags 9 years ago
SweetBags
con doesnt know what she wants to debate about for the first 2 rounds (and has an odd affinity for caps lock), and apparently doesnt know what her own profile says, or what she thinks (profile says shes for bush, but shes says she "hates" him in round 2, yet thinks hes the best president ever in round 3).
the round doesnt "start" until round 3, where con oviously copy + pasted part of an article from somewhere (cite your sorces next time, its plagerism otherwise). next time provide some logic to back up your points, you didnt here at all, mearly saying what they were. btw, dont assume your opponent is as clueless (you admit you didnt know any of you points beforehand) as you about the topic, sorry if i come off as mean.
pro, thank you for treating this as a serious debate despite your opponents lack of logic/reasoning.
pro oviously won
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
jazzyfizzleDanielleTied
Vote Placed by wonderwoman 8 years ago
wonderwoman
jazzyfizzleDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Rhino28 8 years ago
Rhino28
jazzyfizzleDanielleTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
jazzyfizzleDanielleTied
Vote Placed by theBwerd 9 years ago
theBwerd
jazzyfizzleDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Jamic 9 years ago
Jamic
jazzyfizzleDanielleTied
Vote Placed by DorothyDorothy 9 years ago
DorothyDorothy
jazzyfizzleDanielleTied
Vote Placed by HungryAssassin 9 years ago
HungryAssassin
jazzyfizzleDanielleTied
Vote Placed by GleefulJoker 9 years ago
GleefulJoker
jazzyfizzleDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Fantasticlover 9 years ago
Fantasticlover
jazzyfizzleDanielleTied