NSalo
brianjustin3709

FUN DEBATE: Comedies are better than horrors

brianjustin3709

NSalo

Pro

First round for acceptance followed by three rounds of arguments.

Ill start with my first argument and then you can follow with a counter to my argument and/or a point of your own. Only one point of your own per round.

Thanks a lot, and lets have some fun!
brianjustin3709

Con

Thank you for making this debate.
I think horror is better than comedy
Good luck
NSalo

Pro

I would like to open up this debate with my first argument in favor of comedy over horror by talking about the audience versatility in comedies. Movies are a form of entertainment that are nearly always enjoyed in groups of friends or family so it is important that a good movie be something that everyone can enjoy. A comedy movie can be great for people of all ages to enjoy together. While there are certainly people who do enjoy horror movies and the feelings of suspense and fear presented by those, they are in the minority when compared to people who enjoy a good laugh and an easy going comedy movie.

Personally, I do enjoy a good scary movie and will typically watch them as they come out, however I often have troubles finding people to see them with me. This argument is based on personal experience and so may not seem very credible but lets look at this logically. Younger children have extremely active imaginations that they cannot control as well as a more matured person and so they are often more easily frightened on an emotional level and cannot enjoy horror movies. This makes horrors a poor choice for family movie night. Comedies on the other hand create feelings of euphoria and happiness that people of all ages can relate to and enjoy together

Because Comedies can be watched with friends and family of all ages, they are a better genre of movie than horrors.
brianjustin3709

Con

Horror generally has better stories and plot driven action. They can also offer a feeling of exhilaration, and they are often tied together with the mystery genre, which can promote discussion of the movie, which can improve one's critical thinking. In the end, they are different genres, so they're impossible to compare, but I'd much rather watch a movie that deeply affects me or makes me think, rather than a comedy I would soon forget. It is also a pleasant experience cuddling with someone who is scared. Yes, comedies are great, but a horror movie promotes cuddling. You go in for a good scare and cuddle up to the person with you, and if you are on a date, as I would hope you are, it can be a great ice-breaker. There is nothing like a good scare to get your blood pumping! Also Horror movies are scary so for adults like horror movies better.
NSalo

Pro

NSalo forfeited this round.
brianjustin3709

Con

Pro forfeited.
Vote for Con.
NSalo

Pro

NSalo forfeited this round.
brianjustin3709

Con

Rebuttal
Pro forfeited 2 rounds and also he did not support his argument by saying comedy is better than horror. Therefore, Con should win this debate.
Please vote for Con!!!

Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
NSalobrianjustin3709Tied
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
NSalobrianjustin3709Tied