Nuegoms
Liadonkid

Facebook is better than Myspace

Nuegoms

Pro

Sure they're both a social networking site. But which is really better? To me, Facebook wins because its a lot safer than Myspace. Sure Myspace has more games and features, but it also has spam, pop-up attacks, and stranger threats. Over the past year, a women commited suicide from a mean letter on myspace. Never has happened on Facebook. Facebook may have started out for just college students but it has grown to over 20million users. Myspace is a dangerous site and Facebook is safe and reliable.
Liadonkid

Con

I am going to say that both are actually detrimental to society. Yes, I agree with my opponent that myspace is a dangerous site. However, pro is wrong to say that facebook is safe and reliable. As pro stated, facebook has over 20 million users. But did pro mention that facebook is addictive? What pro is promoting is that facebook is better then myspace, yet pro wants to make people addictive to the computer. I'm not saying that pro is totally wrong. Facebook is a tool, it should be used only to keep in contact with friends that are not seen daily and family that lives across the country.
Here are my contentions.

1. Facebook is addictive

Facebook is taking over peoples' lives. A woman has stated she is on facebook for 3 hours a day, just looking at pages. How is this beneficial to the world? Its not. Now, pro is right that facebook is a great tool of communication, but its detrimental due to its addictiveness. As I have stated, its a great way to stay in contact with those that are not seen daily.

2. Social networking sites in general is bad for the world

Pro is right in saying myspace is bad, for it has caused people to comment suicide in the past years. However, pro is misleading here. Facebook has caused its on damage on people. A man was fired from his job just because on facebook he posted he did not like a co-worker. That is like suspending a student for saying they dislike a classmate. How is that fair? It's not. Not only that, but a teacher was fired just because he put, on facebook, that he was gay. This is discrimination. This not okay, no matter who is right or wrong in this debate. Also, a woman was disgraced in her hometown just because she got into a car accident. A picture of her wreck was posted on facebook and the caption read "im not an alcoholic, im a drunk." Again, this is not okay.

I would like to thank my opponent for this debate. And i wish him/her the best of luck

Thank-You
Nuegoms

Pro

Wow. I would like the thank you. You are actually right when you think about it. Hands down im out- you win. Good review by the way. I can't quite say i agree with the fact is addicting though. Thank you and God Bless
Liadonkid

Con

I guess my opponent has stated I won. I would like to thank him/her again. Good job
Nuegoms

Pro

Nuegoms forfeited this round.
Liadonkid

Con

I would like to thank the judges, and my opponent.
Posted by asiansarentnerdy 7 years ago
asiansarentnerdy
Wow...I can't believe it. I was actually hoping for a DEBATE, not a forfeit. -sigh-
Posted by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
Ridiculous. Con (1) concedes Facebook is better, and (2) makes the irrelevant argument that social networking in general is bad. So Pro counter-concedes! Sad.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
"Wow. I would like the thank you. You are actually right when you think about it. Hands down im out- you win. Good review by the way. I can't quite say i agree with the fact is addicting though. Thank you and God Bless"

Are you kidding?
You are supposed to contend, not concede! Even when you realize you are wrong, you don't confess it. You are representing a point of view and to concede wins you nothing.

FAIL FAIL FAIL!!! NUB NUB NUB!!!
Learn how to debate, Nuegoms.
Posted by asiansarentnerdy 7 years ago
asiansarentnerdy
YAY! Facebook is awesome! Too bad I can't debate this with you because I also think MySpace sucks.
Vote Placed by mrmrlol 6 years ago
mrmrlol
NuegomsLiadonkidTied
Vote Placed by asiansarentnerdy 7 years ago
asiansarentnerdy
NuegomsLiadonkidTied
Vote Placed by Liadonkid 7 years ago
Liadonkid
NuegomsLiadonkidTied
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
NuegomsLiadonkidTied