Facism or Anarchy

Despite the title, this IS a serious debate.
If American society instantly devolved into either anarchy of fascism, which would be better?

Label each contention made in the second speech.
No new contentions after the second speech.
Make sure to say which contention you are rebutting in the third and fourth speeches.
Evidence can be brought in in the second and third speeches only.
While facts should be brought in, as anarchy and fascism are both philosophies this will be a morals debate as well.

1st: Rules/Acceptance
2nd: Constructive
3rd: Rebuttal
4th: Rebuttal/ Final Points (No new evidence)

I, the Pro, will be the Anarchist.
Best of Luck!

I accept this debate as my first debate. I hope for a good and civil debate.

I, the CON, will be the Fascist

Best of luck to PRO

First off, by American I meant my egotistical America, as in the United States of America. Not including Canada, Latin America, ect. It was my mistake, so if you want to change that you can but I will be operating under the assumption you agree with me for this speech.

Anarchism is the political philosophy which rejects (and supports the elimination of ) compulsory government or compulsory rule, and holds that society can (and should) be organized without a coercive state.
Fascism is an authoritarian Nationalist political ideology that exalts nation (and often race) above the individual, and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition. Fascist governments tend to nationalize key industries, closely manage their currencies and make massive state investments.
Devolve: to gradually go from an advanced state to a less advanced state

The goal of society is to develop technologically, culturally, and economically in order to reach the highest possible standards of living for all people. The best way to achieve this is through a democratic government, as it allows each person an ability to cause change in society. As such even though society would be "devolving" we would have to go to the option which would allow for the best possible chance of recovery and save the most lives during the fall from established democracy.

Contention One: Fascism Creates More Tensions
By definition, fascism will elevate a particular group, generally an ethnicity or class. As such, especially as in such a diverse area as America, tensions will rise between the government(s) and the ostracized groups. This will make violence more likely, increase the divisions, and decrease the chance of a recovery to democracy. Anarchy, although not eliminating tension, does decrease it. Anarchy forces a degree of equality on all groups, thus lessening the tensions, decreasing violence and increasing the chances of restoring a democratic government. As such an Anarchy would save lives.

Contention Two: Anarchy is more inherently democratic
Anarchy allows each person to control and establish relations with each other. Although far from ideal, it allows for a pseudo-democratic system as each person can take actions freely without infringing upon a central authority. This is good as democracy would enhance the standard of living for all people.
A: Democratic Society Develops Politically Faster
A democratic society gives each person a a chance to change it, thus developing more quickly then an authoritarian government which limits the people who can affect society. This would allow democratic government to re-establish itself more quickly.

Contention Three: Anarchy is a historically better choice
All prehistorical societies began as anarchies. Therefore, we know that an anarchy is capable of naturally developing into a democratic society. However, fascist regimes such as the Italian Fascism under Mussolini and the Nazi Party have only been replaced with established democracies through outside help. As America is not guaranteed to receive foreign aid, the best option is what is able to stabilize independently.

Contention Four: Anarchies develop more then Fascist Regimes
An Anarchy's system is constantly being recreated and redesigned by its very nature due to its lawless structure. A Fascist government however often stifles innovation. As such under anarchy more political, technological, and economic, developments would occur increasing the standard of living.

Thanks for Reading, and Vote Pro!

Good Luck Con!

Little_South_American forfeited this round.

I extend all points and ask that I receive courtesy points because my opponent missed his round 2 speech.

Good Luck?

I again extend all points and ask that you vote Pro.

I checked an his account is no longer active :(.

If anybody else is willing to give me an actual debate on this topic, post it in the comments and I will set it up.

Posted by Little_South_American 1 year ago
Forget what I said, I have a lot of time.
Posted by JP_Hatecraft 1 year ago
Somebody, please...
I would also take the fascist side, but I also have no time.
Posted by JP_Hatecraft 1 year ago
Thanks. Hope somebody else comes along then
Posted by Atheist-Independent 1 year ago
Interesting debate. I would take the Fascist side, although I don't have too much time to debate at the moment.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture