daquanny
ChloeMcIverFloyd

Failing is more Important

daquanny

Pro

People often think that being successful has nothing to do with failing, but in order to achieve something right you must fail until it is a success. Being mindful, a handful of inventions that we use in today's society failed before they were a success. Thomas Edison; the inventor of the light bulb, failed 1,000 times before building a successful invention. Henry Ford went bankruptcy five times until he built a successful company called Ford Motor. These are just two out of the famous people who failed before they became a success.
Although failing may come before success, it is not good to fail all the time. Failing without even trying to succeed will surely make it harder for you later on. Failing numerous of times before succeeding can often help you view things differently, leading up to success. Winston Churchill once said "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." what this quote means to me is that, no matter how many times we fail, we should not be afraid of failing, it can lead to our greatest success.
With that being said failing is more important.
ChloeMcIverFloyd

Con

During my first argument I will be making rebuttals. In my rebuttals I will be using a quote or quotes from my opponent’s first argument. Next, at the end on my first argument I will explain why I feel the way I feel on the topic of, failing is more important than success, (the title does not say, “than success,” but it was implied.) Just to clarify, I am against the statement that failing is more important than success. Okay, now I will begin my first argument.

My First Argument

This will be my only rebuttal in this argument, because my opponent didn’t really write a lot. So, I will be using a quote from my opponent’s first argument. Daquanny said, “Thomas Edison; the inventor of the light bulb, failed 1,000 times before building a successful invention.” That’s nice for Thomas Edison, but Nikola Tesla created his own light bulb on his first try. He didn’t need to learn from his failure, because he was smart and knew what he was doing to first time he tried.

s://lh5.googleusercontent.com...; alt="" width="329px;" height="293px;" />s://lh5.googleusercontent.com...; alt="" width="232px;" height="296px;" />
s://lh6.googleusercontent.com...; alt="" width="362px;" height="241px;" />

I do not think that failure is more important than success. For example, you have a man who works on a project for a year. The project in the end doesn’t work, he keeps trying and trying and the project never works. Then the man says to himself, “Wow, I am really bad at this, this is awful. I am just going to stop trying, because I can’t do anything.” Soon the man slips into a very intense depression, he starts drinking to try and make himself feel better, and well you know how that turns out. Now this is a made up example, but this happens to people in real life. Now here is an example of success, you have a man who works on a project. He finishes his project, and it works. He tries to sell his project to a big company. The company loves. The man gets a lot of money and lives a rather fulfilling life. So, which life is better, the one where failing is good, or the one where there is success?

I am looking forward to reading my opponent’s next argument. Until then Daquanny.
daquanny

Pro

http://www.success.com... http://www.smithsonianmag.com...

It is the mans job to get back up on his feet, even if he failed numerous times, "it does not matter where you come from, all that matter is where you are going." Saying that Nikola Teslon was completely successful is an overstatement, as he did fail before in his lifetime, the failure was his lack of forethought in presenting a free energy distributuion system. Everyone fails in life from time to time, but you can choose to learn from it and succeed, there is a reason why failures have the best success stories, it is because they are tired of failing so much that they want to get back up and try again until they succeed. " I am tired of failing, no one believes in me, but I will show them all, I will learn from my failure and succeed, this also happens in real life. Even if the man drinks until he is 10 feet under he can build a ladder tall enough to get himself back on his feet and succeed.
ChloeMcIverFloyd

Con

I would like to start out with a quote from my opponent’s second argument. Daquanny said, “Saying that Nikola Teslon was completely successful is an overstatement, as he did fail before in his lifetime, the failure was his lack of forethought in presenting a free energy distributuion system.” Before I start, I would like to point out that I did not mention a Nikola Teslon. I don’t know if that was simply a spelling error, or if my opponent did not read my argument very carefully. Now the only reason why we don’t get free energy today is not because Mr. Nikola Tesla failed or was unsuccessful, it is because no one wanted to invest in his Tesla-coils because they didn’t think they could get any money out of it. So why would they invest in it? My point is that Mr. Tesla did not fail, he created something great, but people couldn’t make money of of it, which is why we don’t have that today.

Here is another quote from my opponent’s second argument, “Everyone fails in life from time to time, but you can choose to learn from it and succeed, there is a reason why failures have the best success stories, it is because they are tired of failing so much that they want to get back up and try again until they succeed. “ Yes people could choose to learn from their mistakes, but in this time there are so many more ways for people to deal with their failure, such as alcohol or drugs. These are very addictive things. So when the people who fail turn to these things they become addicted to the thing or things they decided to medicate with. Then they become so dependant on these things that, that is their life, and they don’t want to change. These happens a lot these days. Yes it happened a long time ago, but not as much. It happens more today because every time you turn on the T.V or the radio you see all of these successful people, and that makes the sad depressed person who did not succeed feel even worse about themselves. Where along time ago there were no TVs and radios, so people didn’t hear about other people’s success as much.

I am looking forward to hearing my opponent’s next argument. Until then, also Daquanny, you can use spell-check, unless you are embracing the fact you are a bad speller in the spirit of this debate. Good luck.
daquanny

Pro

daquanny forfeited this round.
ChloeMcIverFloyd

Con

To be fair to my opponent, I will not be posting a third argument. I would like to say that the last comment in my second argument, (...Daquanny, you can use spell-check, unless you are embracing the fact you are a bad speller in the spirit of this debate,) was uncalled for. So i would like to apologize for that. With that said, good luck to my opponent.
Posted by ZenoCitium 3 years ago
ZenoCitium
I guess you could say that Dezzie failed at providing proper grammar.
Posted by Soulja_n 3 years ago
Soulja_n
If you don't fail, how will you know what succeeding looks like? To fail is more important...
Posted by daquanny 3 years ago
daquanny
proper grammar dezzie, proper grammar.
Posted by Dezzie 3 years ago
Dezzie
failing isnt more important!!!!!!
Posted by ChloeMcIverFloyd 3 years ago
ChloeMcIverFloyd
Sorry my pictures didn't work. Here are the pictures I tried to put up in m first argument
https://www.google.com...

https://www.google.com...

http://www.google.com...

Sorry the pictures are links, but I couldn't drag and drop or copy and paste the pictures.
Posted by daquanny 3 years ago
daquanny
Will then stephany it seems like you just proved my point, you said that famoaus people and normal people were not alike, so what are you really trying to say? Famous people are the same, think of all the other people who can do exactly the same things.
Posted by StephanyThao 3 years ago
StephanyThao
Everyone is normal. People who are famous do bleed also or whatnot, but famour people sing, act, or have millions of dollars. You live and you learn, yes, to not do the same thing again. Life is different now. The new society. The new generation. People just don't have enough strength and dignity to say, "I can do it."
Posted by daquanny 3 years ago
daquanny
As I stated before Stephany, "it is not good to fail all the time, failing without even trying to succeed, will surely make it harder for you later on. Everyone is normal, even famous people, they bleed just like the rest of us, also I compared famous people to "normal people" because if they know that famous people fail to, then it is ok, as long as the end results is succeeding. Some people learn from their failures, it is just like when your parents used to say, "you live and your learn".
Posted by StephanyThao 3 years ago
StephanyThao
I disagree at some points. Sometimes you do need to succeed to have a better idea of how to achieve more in life. It is okay to fail sometimes, but failing most of the time can just put you in a negative state. "Why am I no good at this? I suck. Etc." Not everyone has a high esteem. Failing half the time could benefit some people, but not everyone is the same. Some people may think "If he or she can do it, I can do it too." It isn't fair how you compare someone who is famous to them. You should've compared and contrasted someone else who is a normal person, or is doing something normal people do. I also disagee, because success is more important. Success can lead to a better future and more.