owen99999
amberfairygirl

Fairies exist.

owen99999

owen99999

Con

I will be arguing, if you choose to accept, that fairies, do not exist. I will be arguing that there is no evidence for fairies, and they are just fairytales.

The burden of proof is on you as you can't prove a negative so please place your arguments and evidence in the first round.

Thank you
Owen
amberfairygirl

Pro

Thank you Owen for inviting me to this debate. I had no doubt in my mind about accepting despite your conflicting words. Let the debate BEGIN!!!

Since I was about 2 or 3 years old I have believed in fairies. I genuinely did not have a doubt in my mind that fairies exist throughout my life. I have been bullied, teased and constantly told when the conversation arose that fairies don't exist. However that never ever stopped me from my faith in fairies. It's like a religion; I'm a Catholic and I believe in fairies just as much as I believe in Jesus. Just like there is evidence that Jesus exists there is much evidence that fairies exist.

There are countless accounts of many sightings of fairies; mainly people living in countryside areas and quiet villages which makes sense because they like to live in peaceful places where they can get on with their lives without human disturbances. That is why you may find on your travels to these places what's known as Fairy Rings. It's a circle made of stones, usually in the middle of a field, which has magic powers. The Fairy Rings themselves are formed by fairies dancing round in a circle in a particular spot. Out of respect to the fairies people living nearby don't dare step into or destroy the ring as it's known to upset the fairies and have consequences. I have a friend from Ireland and she told me a sworn truth story. When her aunt was in her early teens she thought the whole fairy fiasco was a myth. Until one day she was messing around with her little brother rolling down a hill. She ended up fainting near the bottom and remember waking up next to a ring of fungi mushrooms. Turns out her brother was so scared something would then happen to him that he ran all the way home leaving his sister in the state which the fairies had left her in. That event left her aunt believing that fairies must exist and my friend kind of half believes that that was caused by fairies. I on the other hand was so pleased she told me that and it has helped to therefore strengthen my belief in fairies.

Scientific proof of fairies I found in a mythical creatures book. A species of hominid standing 36 inches tall at full adulthood has been found in archaeological deposits on an island off Indonesia. The bones have been nicknamed "hobbit" as the scientists decide on a species name. Along with these bones have been found bones of other island animals, clearly slaughtered with tools. On the island where the bones were found, there are many ancient "legends" of "little people" who would sneak out of the forest.

That's all for now. I'd like to see how you respond to this shocking evidence. Trust me, I have plenty more up my sleeve..
owen99999

Con

owen99999 forfeited this round.
amberfairygirl

Pro

amberfairygirl forfeited this round.
owen99999

Con

owen99999 forfeited this round.
amberfairygirl

Pro

amberfairygirl forfeited this round.
owen99999

Con

Sightings
Unfortunately, to be able to accurately refute any 'sightings', I will need citations. Given that you have not supplied me with any, I am unable to comment. As for the family story, It isn't reliable as it is coming from someone with a conformation bias. Therefore in a debate it wouldn't be appropriate to use it as evidence.

Indonesia 'bones'
I strongly believe that this is either:
-A hoax; eg someone faking the remains for any reason. Possibly even to fit the tradition of the myths on the island.
or
-A Mistake; eg not actually 'fairy bones' but just something people thought were fairy bones. Next round citations please!

The Cottingley Fairies
I think this is a perfect case of hoax images/stories. This story sparked great media interest but later turned out to be false. [1]

Thank you

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
amberfairygirl

Pro

amberfairygirl forfeited this round.
Posted by owen99999 5 years ago
owen99999
Citations please and sorry my internet ran out will post my argument next round.
Posted by owen99999 5 years ago
owen99999
Citations? If I don't have them by tommorow I'm going to have to reply without which won't amount to much...
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
owen99999amberfairygirlTied