FrEeMaSoN1692
Skrone

Fairy Tales Are Possible In The Real World

FrEeMaSoN1692

FrEeMaSoN1692

Pro

I believe that Fairy Tales are possible in the way that you can get a happily ever after ending. I'm not arguing that there are such things as mermaids, witches, talking mice, a spinning wheel that can put you in a sleeping curse or be able to make yourself look like a an old lady selling apples. I believe that you have to work for your happily ever after. Most people don't have happily ever afters because they are not working hard enough for it, I do not mean as in working hard at your education or job. I mean working hard to keep your companion safe and in love with you, An analogy can be like sweeping her or him off their feet.
Skrone

Con

Since pro did not state the definition of Fairy Tale or Possible, I will define the terms below.

Fairy tale- "a children's story about magical and imaginary beings and lands."

Possible- "able to be done; within the power or capacity of someone or something"
(New Oxford American Dictionary)

Therefore stated in the definition of fairy tale a fairy tale is 'imaginary' and thusly is not 'able to be done'
By definition the statement provided by pro is contradictory.
FrEeMaSoN1692

Pro

Definition - "an incredible or misleading statement, account, or belief"

Example: "His story of being a millionaire is just a fairy tale"

To confirm what I meant, this is the definition I had in mind

I am arguing that an incredible statement, account or belief is possible.
Skrone

Con

I will assume that by 'Definition' you meant fairy tale even though it was not spelled out.

Your example contradicts your own point of view. If his story is a 'fairy tale' the statement you provided is saying that he is in fact NOT a millionaire. Therefore it is impossible that he is a millionaire at that point and proves my point.

Also, your last sentence is misleading. Because firstly a 'belief' is relative to each person, and secondly arguing that a statement itself is possible seems to state that you are saying that it is possible to state an incredible statement.
FrEeMaSoN1692

Pro

As unclear as you would describe me to be, I will reiterate and reinforce my position. The example of the person's millionaire story is just an example I needed to help others better understand the type of fairy tale I am arguing the existence of. The sentence was not intended to be used to support my belief. The sentence is meant to be voided after understanding the type of fairy tale I'm arguing for.

The definition that a fairy tale is an incredible or misleading statement, account or belief is just a statement that is closest to my belief of what a fairy tale is. An example is a fairy tale in general could be that a regular Joe is just having a dull and loveless life. Meanwhile, he encounters bells in his head when he sees this beautiful chick and she also has the same feeling. Then, he knows without a shadow of a doubt that they are truly meant for each other. However, there is something stopping them from tying the knot very quickly. The obstacle can be anything like living far away, a difference in ethnicity (An Jewish person marrying a Palestinian person) or etc. Then, they both would do everything they can to be with each other and in the end they achieve their happily ever after once they defeat the obstacle. The catch is that the journey had to be a hard one in order to truly be a fairy tale.
Skrone

Con

I don't have time to continue this debate I concede
FrEeMaSoN1692

Pro

FrEeMaSoN1692 forfeited this round.
Skrone

Con

Skrone forfeited this round.
FrEeMaSoN1692

Pro

FrEeMaSoN1692 forfeited this round.
Skrone

Con

Skrone forfeited this round.
Posted by FrEeMaSoN1692 2 years ago
FrEeMaSoN1692
Now I see the people who won't believe in fairy tales and they are located below this.
Posted by bluecookie 2 years ago
bluecookie
No. Because the story of life doesn't end like a fairy tale. Unless you die, and that's no happy ending! Life is unpredictable, you may think that you are living the dream and then-bam! Everything falls apart. Always be prepared. Believing in fairy tales sets you up for disappointment.

~Do not pray for an easy life, but for the strength to endure a difficult one~
Posted by FrEeMaSoN1692 2 years ago
FrEeMaSoN1692
I don't know if this is an obvious statement because I'm sure many people would disagree. Those who would argue would say that life is not a fairy tale as the saying goes.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
I think it's debatable.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Truism.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
FrEeMaSoN1692SkroneTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con concedes.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
FrEeMaSoN1692SkroneTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con probably would have won, but instead conceded. Pro forfeited first, but as it was post-concession, I don't think it enough to warrant conduct. All other categories are equal enough. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.