Tminusfour20
Himans45

Fairy type is the best Pokemon type

Himans45
Started: 3/26/2015 Category: Games

Tminusfour20

Pro

I will be arguing why Fairy type is the best of all Pokémon types. My opponent can argue for any other Pokémon type he wishes.
Himans45

Con

I accept, I will be arguing that the dragon type is the most best pokemon type.

In your first argument could you post your definition of "best"? Thank you and good luck.
Tminusfour20

Pro

Best Pokémon type: A type that is represented by powerful Pokémon, known to be useful and versatile in battle. This can also be a reference to powerful and versatile moves (both damaging and non damaging) that are represented by this Pokémon type.

I argue that Fairy type is a fairly new but well balanced Pokémon type. Below is a chart showing the different strengths and weaknesses as well as immunities.

OffensiveFairyDefensive
PowerTypes PowerTypes
Dark
Dragon
Fighting
½× Bug
Dark
Fighting
½× Fire
Poison
Steel
Poison
Steel
None Dragon

As you can see Fairy types maintain a powerful offensive advantage against dark, dragon and fighting types which are one of the most prevalent Pokémon types in the game. Fairy types are also resistant to bug, dark and fighting and weak to the less common steel and poison types. Fairy also maintain immunity to all dragon type moves.

Argument 1) In a typical battle a Fairy Pokémon in battle that is up against a Pokémon that possesses one of it's weakness types. We know by the Pokémon that currently exist that steel types and almost all poison types with the of Crobat, Gengar and Scoliopede are primarily slow. ( Or at least slower than most fairy types with the exception of slurpuff). A Fairy type would would have no problem being able to do a first strike on a slower steel or poison type with a OHKO move.

Argument 2) Fairy types have a dragon immunity which regardless of your argument I can almost guarantee that one of my fairy type Pokémon would beat a dragon type of your choosing given a reasonable move set.

Argument 3) Fairy types have a powerful move set including:
-The infamous Moonblast a high powered fairy move comparable to ice beam, Flamethrower, thunderbolt etc.
-Geomancy which is used typically by xerneas to boost speed, special attack, and special defense each by two stages. When paired with a power herb this move can be deadly.
-Baby doll eyes-Always goes first and lowers opponents attack stat. This could always soften the blow that may come for a fairy type especially since most poison and steel type moves are physical attack moves.

Argument 4) Fairy types typical contain really useful abilities:
Pixilate-Turns all normal moves into fairy type moves and increases power to 1.3x. This can be useful when taking typical normal type moves and making them extra powerful with STAB bonus plus the extra 1.3x bonus. Quick attack, Hyper Voice/beam, Return etc. can all be amplified using this ability making it a powerful arsenal for a fairy type with this ability.
Fairy Aura- This ability allows the power of fairy type moves on the field to be amplified by 1.3x and ceases when this Pokémon switched out. I think this ability and why it is useful for fairy types is pretty self explanatory.
Prankster-This ability is held by mostly Fairy and Dark type Pokémon. This Move allows the 3 confirmed fairy Pokémon with this power, the ability to use status and non damaging moves before your opponent. In other words this ability would allow one of my fairy type Pokémon the ability to poison/burn/paralyze/taunt/or do anything else to you before you are able to attack me. This can change the course of a battle very quickly.

Argument 5) Most fairy types have a wide variety of move sets from different Pokémon types which enable them to stand their ground against many different Pokémon types with various moves that may be super effective against a fairy type. Example:
Clefable-Thunderbolt.
Slurpuff-Flamethrower
Mawille- Sucker Punch

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...(type)
Himans45

Con

In round 2 I will be posting my argument as to why dragon types are the best, in round 3 I will provide my rebuttal to your argument.

Argument 1: The dragon type is statistically the best type overall in offensive capabilities, having many psuedo legendaries/legendaries with a base stat total of over 600. Also, while fairy does completely resist dragon type moves, there is only one other type that resists them, that being steel with a 1/2 resistance. Because of that fact, dragon pokemon can make good use of their high power moves + STAB

Argument 2: Dragon types have the capability to deal with fairy types and steel types. Because of the huge move pool of many dragon type pokemon, as well as their tendency to have a secondary type, they still have the ability to counter steel types (With fire and earth moves such as earthquake, flamethrower, etc) and fairy types (with non dragon type moves). Furthermore, as many fairy types tend to have a below average defense stat, dragon types with powerful non-dragon physical moves can easily shred through them.

Argument 3: Fairy type pokemon have statistically low base stats. Not including mega evolutions the average base stat total of fairy types is around 409.19. -- http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
Dragon types on the other hand have an average of 517 overall http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
Fairy types also typically have a slow speed stat, which can be easily abused by physical steel moves or any other physical move.

Argument 4: There is a lack of particularly powerful fairy type moves. Yes, there are a few very strong moves that fall into the fairy type, but that is not the majority. There are very few powerful fairy type moves compared with dragon types. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
Tminusfour20

Pro

Tminusfour20 forfeited this round.
Himans45

Con

Well considering my opponent has forfeited his third round I guess I'll just respond to his arguments.

"Argument 1) In a typical battle a Fairy Pok"mon in battle that is up against a Pok"mon that possesses one of it's weakness types. We know by the Pok"mon that currently exist that steel types and almost all poison types with the of Crobat, Gengar and Scoliopede are primarily slow. ( Or at least slower than most fairy types with the exception of slurpuff). A Fairy type would would have no problem being able to do a first strike on a slower steel or poison type with a OHKO move."

There are plenty of other types that have normal effectiveness against fairies, that also have strong moves and are faster than them. An example of this would be charizard.

"Argument 2) Fairy types have a dragon immunity which regardless of your argument I can almost guarantee that one of my fairy type Pok"mon would beat a dragon type of your choosing given a reasonable move set."

Just because they can beat dragon types doesn't mean they are overall better than them. They may be better in a fight between them, but dragon pokemon are better than fairy types in most situations.

"Argument 3) Fairy types have a powerful move set including:
-Baby doll eyes-Always goes first and lowers opponents attack stat. This could always soften the blow that may come for a fairy type especially since most poison and steel type moves are physical attack moves."

Dragons have even more powerful moves such as; Draco Meteor, Dragon claw, dragon dance, dragon pulse, Dragon rush, dragon tail, Outrage, Roar of time, special rend, etc. Plus most dragons can learn many off type strong moves.

"Argument 4) Fairy types typical contain really useful abilities:
Fairy Aura- This ability allows the power of fairy type moves on the field to be amplified by 1.3x and ceases when this Pok"mon switched out. I think this ability and why it is useful for fairy types is pretty self explanatory.
Prankster-This ability is held by mostly Fairy and Dark type Pok"mon. This Move allows the 3 confirmed fairy Pok"mon with this power, the ability to use status and non damaging moves before your opponent. In other words this ability would allow one of my fairy type Pok"mon the ability to poison/burn/paralyze/taunt/or do anything else to you before you are able to attack me. This can change the course of a battle very quickly."

I agree, they do have extremely useful abilities.

"Argument 5) Most fairy types have a wide variety of move sets from different Pok"mon types which enable them to stand their ground against many different Pok"mon types with various moves that may be super effective against a fairy type. Example:
Clefable-Thunderbolt.
Slurpuff-Flamethrower
Mawille- Sucker Punch"

Dragon types have much more type variety than fairy types, examples would be poison tail, steel tail, iron head etc.

I'm sorry for my short responses this round, I didn't feel it would be fair to completely refute his points as he did not have a chance to refute mine.
Posted by BarbieSoFetch 1 year ago
BarbieSoFetch
Totally psychic or dark. Dark are like extremely hard for me to kill. Plus they can take out other types of Pokemon that are hard to take out regularly.
Posted by a_janis1 1 year ago
a_janis1
My name is Alex, and while fairy Pokemon may be the cutest :D, I don't think they're the strongest :P. In my opinion, I believe that rock peoman are the best type of pockmen. what you think?
Posted by G-g-ghost 1 year ago
G-g-ghost
Lol the debate didn't metion best pokemon type for what haha
Could be the games sure but could also be the show so psychic would of been a very strong contender from a philosophical point of view or fairy have a great chance at winning a pokemon talent/runway show XD this debate is an open book to argue opinions/semantics Bwhaha
Posted by Raiken777 1 year ago
Raiken777
I don't agree with either of your opinions because I like electric types.hitman I also like dragon types so I'll vote for you.
Vote Placed by Domr 1 year ago
Domr
Tminusfour20Himans45Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Better Arguments, and FF for conduct