ishant117
DewottKnight

Fake rape case is a lethal weapon for women

ishant117

Pro

Fake rape allegation is a huge problem which has been there in the society since 20th century. There are many women out there who misuse their power and file a false complaint against an innocent man and charge him for raping them. As a result of which, these innocent men have suffered prolonged period in prisons for a crime they haven"t committed. Many men have suffered for 30 years in prison, most of whom eventually commit suicide. Statistically, fake rape allegation in USA is 8%, but in many countries like India it is 18%, and it was around 80-90% in Thailand at one point of time. According to Men"s rights activists, it"s around 41%, but no one knows the actual number. This is really a big issue and such Women (bitch is a more suitable term for such girls and women) should be harshly punished for this crime, which is still not happening. Till today, there is no punishment for such evil act, maybe in some cases, these women can get 6 months - 1 year in prison, that too in rare cases. So, for indirectly murdering a man, they get away with 6 months confinement, and you call this feminism??
DewottKnight

Con

I accept your debate, good luck.

You haven't put out how our arguments will align with the rounds, so I will simply argue for my side, while countering your arguments for each round.

Counter Arguments:
Firstly, the women filing a rape accusation must prove they have been raped in court, not simply file rape and the man is sent away as soon as possible, this isn't the case.

False rape accusation percent is generally very low, the FBI found the highest at one point being 8%, the lowest 2%. False rape accusations can be high, yet in fair countries, rape accusations are usually very low. Rape allegations can be fake of course, yet in court they can be dispelled by proper evidence and proper argument.

How you argument seems generally over sensitive and sloppy, this will only lead people into voting against you.

Arguments:

What you really should be stating is: "Women can falsely accuse men of rape", and "Women falsely accusing men of rape can sometimes workout very negatively for the man". Generally however, false rape accusations are again very low and can be deadly to the men accused.

Finally, fake rape accusations can be potentially deadly for the men, but since the numbers are low, women haven't made this out as the problem you exaggerate it to be.
ishant117

Pro

Dewott knight, I respect your argument and understand that "fake" rape accusations in America are less(2-8%), but it exists, right? may be less but a crime is a crime. Anyways, America is a developed country and a superpower, but there are many countries which are developing and have these "fake" cases very high in number.I am primarily talking about India, in which after the Nirbhaya rape incident 2012 in Delhi (you can google it-it was a brutal gang rape incident in a bus which resulted in the death of the victim sadly),the" fake" rape accusations have increased up to 53% in 2013. I don't think that is by any means a small number, come on knight, it's more than half of the accusations. I agree that a real rape is a brutal crime against both men and women(out of every 10 rape victims, 1 is a male), and I am not denying that it requires the harshest of punishments. But what about this 53% figure. Shouldn't these men be given justice equally. Shouldn't these women be equally prosecuted and punished severely, but sadly this is not happening. As I said in my last argument, these women face maximum 6 months in prison, that's it. I am against this situation of the society.
And you probably don't know that in India, recent rules which have been made are very much women centered and biased against men. Ex- In case of a "fake" rape accusation, the accused will be thrown into jail without a bail option, as rape is a non compoundable and a non bailable crime, and investigations will start later unlike America, which means that based on these 53% "fake" accusations, many men are imprisoned without a trial(which comes later), and even in a trial in India these men face a tough time proving these accusations "fake", as I said that rules are 100% women centered. Some of these biased rules are-
1- sexual harassment is "NOT" gender neutral (zero protection to men, 100% to women)
2-Act of intent to disrobe or stripping forcefully someone is "NOT" gender neutral (protects only women and not men)
3-Voyeurism is "NOT" gender neutral (protects only women)
4-Stalking is "NOT" gender neutral (protects only women)- 1 in 19 men have been victim of stalking in "AMERICA"
5- section 498-A- If a women accuses husband of dowry demand, he and his entire family will be thrown into jail on the basis of just a complaint(trial will start later on). It is a non bailable offence and is being "MISUSED" on a large scale.(google it)
6- Domestic violence act 2005- only women are protected but "NOT" men, and BTW, in domestic violence cases in India, 40% victims are Men, but they don't have a single law to be protected, sadly)
and many more such rules exist in India.
Well, my argument is just that under such rules and conditions, it's very hard for a man to prove himself innocent in cases of "Fake" rape accusations, and even if they do, as I said , there is no punishment for these "53%" bitches.
MY argument is that they should be severely and harshly punished, the same way the accused is punished in a real rape case.
DewottKnight

Con

Counter-Arguments:
"Dewott knight, I respect your argument and understand that "fake" rape accusations in America are less(2-8%), but it exists, right? may be less but a crime is a crime"

I am not denying the fact that false rape allegations exist, I am merely stating that fake rape case is rare in more developed countries where technology has advanced further than that of NDCs and LDCs. Fake rape case CAN be a lethal weapon for women.

"1- sexual harassment is "NOT" gender neutral (zero protection to men, 100% to women)
and many more such rules exist in India."

Most of these "Biased rules" only exist because Women are naturally more likely to be targeted in these certain "Biased rules" you have listed. A women is more-likely to suffer sexual harassment from a man than vice versa. A women is more-likely to be stalked by a man than vice versa. These "Biased rules" are fit to set around the turns society is taking, you seem to ignore this.

"MY argument is that they should be severely and harshly punished, the same way the accused is punished in a real rape case."

Women should be punished harshly to some extent for false rape allegations, ironically however the argument you say you are fighting for is entirely different than what you actually intended to argue for. Your title of what you are fighting for is "Fake rape case is a lethal weapon for women", but what it should read by your argument should say "Women should be harshly punished for false rape allegations" the argument you say you are for is entirely different than what your title says you are for, this is a major hole in your argument.

Arguments:

To sum it up, false rape allegations mostly appear in LDCs and NDCs, due to technology in these types of countries technologically being worse. The false rape allegations in the US, and other MDCs prove this. Society will form itself based on what the people make of it, it will not make itself up to form the agenda you want it to be. Not only this, but your original argument is much different than what you say you are arguing for, if you really are arguing for what you say you are arguing, why isn't your title in anyway similar to what you say you are arguing for?

I am no modern day "Feminist", and only entered this debate for a decent challenge, again, good luck.
ishant117

Pro

Yes, I agree that i have wrongly titled my subject, and it should be-" women should be punished harshly for fake rape accusations.". So lets continue our argument now.

Women are not at all being punished for these fake rape accusations, is the thing to which i am against. I again say that they should be severely punished as much as the particular man has suffered in every case. Ex- When Robert Nelson was released after 30 years after he was proved innocent , the woman(who accused him wrongly) should have immediately been given 30 years in prison. ex- if another man has been in prison for 15 years , the woman should also be sent to the prison for 15 years once the man is proved innocent, like that..but there should be a minimum number of years in prison for wrong rape accusations, ex 10 and maximum number should be the number of years more than 10 the victim has suffered due to this, as this is a serious crime against men who are starved of their dignity and image in the society which affects there work, family, mental health, etc. She should also be made to compensate him for defamation and amount of money he has spent to fight the case. Fair enough, right? Tit for Tat. If these punishments are initiated, these fake rape accusation statistics will definitely come down since such women will be afraid of the consequences for their actions. But for now, since it is not punishable, these women are not afraid of the law. The above is my argument for this debate.

This is not related to this particular debate but since you raised the issue I argue-

Since you said the biased rules are necessary for protection of women, I say then why not make gender neutral laws. Why only the women are being protected. Why not men are protected by law. I accept that crime against them is "LESS" when compared to women but there are crimes against them also, and" 40% domestic violence victims are men" is not that small number. Its approximately half. So I argue that why not protect both. Why" ONLY" women are being protected and there are no rules for men.Well, you are willing to agree that minorities interest are less important than the majority, then I can settle for your views.(in terms of victims of crime- men are minority and women are majority).
We can start a separate debate for this particular topic...
DewottKnight

Con

Counter-Arguments:
"Women are not at all being punished for these fake rape accusations, is the thing to which i am against. I again say that they should be severely punished as much as the particular man has suffered in every case"

Women should be punished equally on that matter, however again Fake rape allegations CAN be a lethal weapon for women, like how any trial can be. You entirely ignore the fact I laid out that in MDCs and NDCs fake rape allegations are very few.

"But for now, since it is not punishable, these women are not afraid of the law"

I hate to stress my point further, but women will be more afraid of the law in more developed countries where there are greater penalties for false rape allegations.

"Since you said the biased rules are necessary for protection of women, I say then why not make gender neutral laws"

Never did I say these "Biased rules" were necessary for the protection of women, I only said that society will form itself based on what the people make of it, these "Biased Rules" were created to discourage men from raping women, sexual harassment, stalking, etc.

Arguments:

Like I've said before, these biased rules are made to fit the paths society is taking. If a country faces inflation, effort will be put forth to stop inflation, if a country faces massive crime, effort will be put forth to stop inflation, so on and so forth.

False rape allegations are much more "Lethal" and likely to succeed in countries that have recently developed or less developed, you continuously ignore this. False rape allegations CAN be a lethal weapon for women.
ishant117

Pro

Well, I believe that we both are agreeing to the same thing.
I can sum up the argument that false rape accusations can be a lethal weapon in the less developed and fairly developing countries since these countries mainly rely on opinion of people and not facts, are less educated and technically backwards but "CERTAINLY NOT" in developed countries. Though we have cases in U.S.A. also about people who have been wrongly sentenced to prison for committing rape but these numbers are low and generally, if a man is innocent in such allegations. he is definitely not punished( proved innocent), due to technology , educated and skilled jury.

So, Fake rape accusation "IS A" lethal weapon for women in less and fairly developed countries and,
Fake rape accusation "IS DEFINITELY NOT" a lethal weapon for women in the developed countries.

But do you agree(according to my data above) that laws in India should be gender neutral and not female centered, because everyone should have the basic right to live a safe life protected by law and not just women should have access to this right but men also?

And we should be a feminist but definitely not modern day feminist which is not feminism but feminazism .
DewottKnight

Con

I agree with most of what you are saying, however I believe the chances of a false rape allegation succeeding are greater in less developed countries.

I also agree that attention should be given to fake rape allegations after these women have proven to have made a false rape allegation, equal attention should of course be given to those who say they were raped themselves.

Fake rape case CAN be a lethal weapon for women.
ishant117

Pro

Yes, I agree with you and conclude -
Fake rape accusations CAN be a lethal weapon for women in less developed countries but certainly NOT in the developed ones.
DewottKnight

Con

That pretty much concludes this debate. It stayed rather friendly and knowledgeable than anything else, again, thanks for instigating this debate.

Fake rape allegations can be a lethal weapon, more in less developed countries than anything else.
Posted by ishant117 5 months ago
ishant117
vi-spex, u probably haven't heard about -Robert Nelson and Keith Harward- both of them served 30+ years in prison for wrong rape accusations. Do some research man. good luck.
Posted by ishant117 5 months ago
ishant117
Dear Bhakun, I am not a middle schooler who is frustrated of the opposite sex but really get upset when some people just don't get their rights. By the way- I love women but not bitches.
Posted by ConserativeDemocrat 5 months ago
ConserativeDemocrat
Me?
Posted by bhakun 5 months ago
bhakun
Another middle schooler frustrated with the opposite sex, I presume
Posted by Cobalt 5 months ago
Cobalt
A lack of sufficient evidence does not mean the crime did not occur.
ConserativeDemocrat
Around 8% of rake cases are false, but another 60%ish don't have enough evidence to convict, so anywhere from 8-70% percent of rape cases are false, so the rate of false accusations is around 30-40 percent.
Posted by TheWorldIsComplicated 5 months ago
TheWorldIsComplicated
Most rapists usually get less than 20 years in prison
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
you dont get 30 years for rape thou