loganfragoso0306
milesk12

Fallout 4 is better than fallout new vegas

Started: 3/4/2016 Category: Games

loganfragoso0306

Pro

Fallout 4 has a better story line than new Vegas it has better graphics a better soundtrack and it has better side quest.
milesk12

Con

For clarification, my opponent has only provided personal opinions for his reasoning. In his defense, there are very little actual facts that can be provided in a debate like this, but I'll try my best to use reviews, budgets, etc.

For round one, I'll discuss my opponents point of "Fallout 4 has a better storyline than New Vegas."

Fallout 4's storyline is as follows, very briefly:
1. Character is sealed in vault due to nuclear war
2. Character watches wife get killed and his son stolen
3. Character exits vault
4. Character searches for son
5. Character finds son
6. Important- character makes choice to side with Minutemen, Institute, BoS, or Railroad
7. Character defeats other factions that he didn't side with

Fallout NV's storyline is as follows, very briefly:
1. Character, a courier, is shot, but survives
2. Character tries to find people who tried to kill him
3. Character reaches New Vegas
4. Important- character either sides with NCR, Legion, Independent Vegas (ruled by the character,) or Mr. House
5. Character fights for whatever faction he chose at the Second Battle of Hoover Dam

I think the biggest part of the story for both games is the decision of which faction the player chooses to side with. I believe that the factions in New Vegas are much more interesting than the ones in Fallout 4, except maybe the Institute. In the two games, the factions that are closest to each other are as follows:

Caesar's Legion and Brotherhood of Steel: both authoritarian groups who want to take control over the population, in what the BoS's eyes is protecting them from themselves, and in the Legion's eyes is civilizing them.

Independent Vegas and the Railroad: both smaller, less supported groups who both NEED the help of the player in order to succeed. They also both have no allies, and the player must forge alliances in order to support them.

Mr. House and the Institute: both are extremely advanced groups that are technologically superior to the others, but have a small issue that prevents them from ruling. (Mr. House doesn't have enough robots, and the Institute doesn't have enough power.) They are also both either from the pre-war world, or are descendants of it.

NCR and Minutemen: both are groups that closely model pre-war governments and ideas, and mostly consist of average citizens. They are both dedicated to making their territory safe for its citizens, and both have strong conservative views.

I would argue that the only faction in Fallout 4 that is more interesting than its New Vegas counterpart is the Institute. The Minutemen have barely any lore behind them, while the NCR have an entire 2 games worth of lore before New Vegas even came out. Because of this, the Minutemen aren't very interesting compared to the NCR. The BoS is far from being as interesting as Caesar's Legion. Caesar's Legion is a Roman-themed military dictatorship created by the conquering of dozens of tribes all across the Midwest. The Brotherhood of Steel lost their interestingness by Fallout 2, and Bethesda had to break off the Lyon's Brotherhood from the main BoS in order to keep players interested. If they did something like this in Fallout 3, why wouldn't they do something new in Fallout 4? And as for the Railroad, I think we're all in agreement that it is the stupidest group in the Commonwealth. They're dedicated to "freeing" robots that have no free will. They could have just as well been "freeing" rocks.

Overall, New Vegas's factions, the biggest parts of the story, are much more interesting than the ones in Fallout 4, except for maybe the Institute.
loganfragoso0306

Pro

loganfragoso0306 forfeited this round.
milesk12

Con

Why did I write that much?
loganfragoso0306

Pro

loganfragoso0306 forfeited this round.
milesk12

Con

again, what was the point of me writing so much?
loganfragoso0306

Pro

loganfragoso0306 forfeited this round.
milesk12

Con

milesk12 forfeited this round.
Posted by Zarium 1 year ago
Zarium
Natural progression dictates that subsequent games will be of better quality.

Why was this even raised?